Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Your sleeper/most underrated player in the draft

(03-12-2019, 10:17 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 09:00 AM)JagJohn Wrote: I like McGary, but I see him as more of a project than you do. I think he has all the attributes and physical tools but will need a lot of smoothing off the edges before he's ready to start.

I have three later-ish round guys that I really like now:

1. WR Antoine Wesley - Another of the many tall WRs in this class (6'4), people seem to be lower on him because of his frame. He's kind of lanky. But if you watch the tape he is an absolute technician with incredible change of direction for someone his size. He could be a Keenan Allen type player in the NFL. Personally, I prefer him to someone like Hakeem Butler who has an amazing physical profile but problems with concentration and drops, IMO. Watch this on Wesley https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0V1X7vs0AI. He's undoubtedly my favourite 'sleeper' in this draft, I'd be thrilled if the Jags took him anywhere in the 3rd.

2. RB Dexter Williams - To be honest there are so many RBs I like that should be still on the board for our 6th and 7th round picks, so I think it would be an error to draft one any earlier than that. Williams is one that really stood out at the Senior Bowl to me, he seems to have that cut and burst that you look for.

3. TE Kahale Warring - Originally knew nothing about this guy, but he's rising up draft boards fast, especially after good testing at the combine. Small school guy with all the physical attributes you would look for and great tape to back it up. He won't be able to start immediately which could put the Jags off, but he has a very high ceiling. I think the hype will build with him and he'll end up going in the 3rd or 4th latest.

I like Knox too, wouldn't mind them going with him in the third if we don't take a TE early.
What makes you think McGary is such a project?  He is a 4 year starter and probably has just as much or more experience than anyone in the draft.  Was the Morris Award winner this past year.  His experience is on of the positives about him and he wont be the project like a lot of the others in thos draft

I just think he's been getting by on his physicality rather than technique. I definitely don't think he's someone you can just slot into RT and think you are set from day one.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your sleeper/most underrated player in the draft - by JagJohn - 03-12-2019, 11:34 AM