Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Your sleeper/most underrated player in the draft

Who is your most underrated player or players in the draft?  Mine is Kaleb McGary, day 1 starter imo and wouldnt mind him in the 2nd.  If he some how fell to the 3rd would be a steal.  A ton of experience and well rounded at RT.  Also test well at the combine too.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Rock Ya-Sin. Best name ever will elevate him to the best db.

Dawson Knox - TE - Ole Miss

Kid should run in the 4.5s or maybe even lower on his Pro-Day.

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2019, 09:01 AM by JagJohn.)

(03-12-2019, 08:35 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Who is your most underrated player or players in the draft?  Mine is Kaleb McGary, day 1 starter imo and wouldnt mind him in the 2nd.  If he some how fell to the 3rd would be a steal.  A ton of experience and well rounded at RT.  Also test well at the combine too.

I like McGary, but I see him as more of a project than you do. I think he has all the attributes and physical tools but will need a lot of smoothing off the edges before he's ready to start.

I have three later-ish round guys that I really like now:

1. WR Antoine Wesley - Another of the many tall WRs in this class (6'4), people seem to be lower on him because of his frame. He's kind of lanky. But if you watch the tape he is an absolute technician with incredible change of direction for someone his size. He could be a Keenan Allen type player in the NFL. Personally, I prefer him to someone like Hakeem Butler who has an amazing physical profile but problems with concentration and drops, IMO. Watch this on Wesley https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0V1X7vs0AI. He's undoubtedly my favourite 'sleeper' in this draft, I'd be thrilled if the Jags took him anywhere in the 3rd.

2. RB Dexter Williams - To be honest there are so many RBs I like that should be still on the board for our 6th and 7th round picks, so I think it would be an error to draft one any earlier than that. Williams is one that really stood out at the Senior Bowl to me, he seems to have that cut and burst that you look for.

3. TE Kahale Warring - Originally knew nothing about this guy, but he's rising up draft boards fast, especially after good testing at the combine. Small school guy with all the physical attributes you would look for and great tape to back it up. He won't be able to start immediately which could put the Jags off, but he has a very high ceiling. I think the hype will build with him and he'll end up going in the 3rd or 4th latest.

(03-12-2019, 08:57 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Dawson Knox - TE - Ole Miss

I like Knox too, wouldn't mind them going with him in the third if we don't take a TE early.

(03-12-2019, 09:00 AM)JagJohn Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 08:35 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Who is your most underrated player or players in the draft?  Mine is Kaleb McGary, day 1 starter imo and wouldnt mind him in the 2nd.  If he some how fell to the 3rd would be a steal.  A ton of experience and well rounded at RT.  Also test well at the combine too.

I like McGary, but I see him as more of a project than you do. I think he has all the attributes and physical tools but will need a lot of smoothing off the edges before he's ready to start.

1. WR Antoine Wesley - Another of the many tall WRs in this class (6'4), people seem to be lower on him because of his frame. He's kind of lanky. But if you watch the tape he is an absolute technician with incredible change of direction for someone his size. He could be a Keenan Allen type player in the NFL. Personally, I prefer him to someone like Hakeem Butler who has an amazing physical profile but problems with concentration and drops, IMO. Watch this on Wesley https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0V1X7vs0AI. He's undoubtedly my favourite 'sleeper' in this draft, I'd be thrilled if the Jags took him anywhere in the 3rd.

2. RB Dexter Williams - To be honest there are so many RBs I like that should be still on the board for our 6th and 7th round picks, so I think it would be an error to draft one any earlier than that. Williams is one that really stood out at the Senior Bowl to me, he seems to have that cut and burst that you look for.

3. TE Kahale Warring - Originally knew nothing about this guy, but he's rising up draft boards fast, especially after good testing at the combine. Small school guy with all the physical attributes you would look for and great tape to back it up. He won't be able to start immediately which could put the Jags off, but he has a very high ceiling. I think the hype will build with him and he'll end up going in the 3rd or 4th latest.

(03-12-2019, 08:57 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Dawson Knox - TE - Ole Miss

I like Knox too, wouldn't mind them going with him in the third if we don't take a TE early.
What makes you think McGary is such a project?  He is a 4 year starter and probably has just as much or more experience than anyone in the draft.  Was the Morris Award winner this past year.  His experience is on of the positives about him and he wont be the project like a lot of the others in thos draft

Some sleepers I like:

QB - Amir Hall, Bowie State. I think he has been overlooked this entire draft process. He got a NFLPA bowl invite and only got one drive and attempted one pass. He's got a good arm, accuracy, can escape the pocket but he's a pocket passer first, goes through his reads. He played on the D-II level, but he dominated. I think he can be a solid backup, and I would take him over the Thorsons and Brownings of the draft.

RB - Tony Pollard, Memphis I think he could be a nice addition as a jack of all trades kind of player RB, WR, and return man. If used correctly he could make some big plays on offense his rookie year. Versatility wise, he could step into the TJ Yeldon role and be effective as both a runner and receiver. He showed good vision during the senior bowl.

WR - Tyre Brady, Marshall. I think he has all the tools to be a #1 WR He did well Senior Bowl Week and was a legit redzone threat in college with a great ability to adjust to poorly thrown passes. He's 6'3 211, had a 4.25 shuttle. No 40 time, but he was one of the faster players at senior bowl week.

Nick Allegretti for Illinois is a top 5 iOL in the draft imo. Watched a ton of his 2017+2018 and I couldn't get over how good he was Vs how little hype he has gotten anywhere else. He apparently had a strong week in St Pete but it hasn't carried over for whatever reason.

TE - Josh Oliver - San Jose State
QB - Jake Browning - Washington
RB - Justice Hill - Oklahoma State
WR - David Sills - West Virginia
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Travis Homer, Shareef Miller, Martez Ivey. I’m not sure if these players count as sleepers, because they’re all well known players from big programs. They are all round 3-5 guys who I think are week 1 rookie year starters/contributors who will out perform players who are drafted ahead of them.

Trayvon Williams is another guy for me along with Gary Jennings

Underrated

RT Kaleb McGary
WR Andy Isabella

(03-12-2019, 10:17 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 09:00 AM)JagJohn Wrote: I like McGary, but I see him as more of a project than you do. I think he has all the attributes and physical tools but will need a lot of smoothing off the edges before he's ready to start.

What makes you think McGary is such a project?  He is a 4 year starter and probably has just as much or more experience than anyone in the draft.  Was the Morris Award winner this past year.  His experience is on of the positives about him and he wont be the project like a lot of the others in thos draft

I just think he's been getting by on his physicality rather than technique. I definitely don't think he's someone you can just slot into RT and think you are set from day one.

That kid from Buffalo......

Kahlil Hodge (you thought I was gonna say the other guy, right?)

OG/OT Cody Ford
OG/OT Chris Lindstrom
TE Jace Sternberger
RB Miles Sanders
WR Keelan Doss
LB Germaine Pratt
NT Daylon Mack
DE/OLB Justin Hollins
OT/OG Chuma Edoga
ILB Jordan Kunaszyk
NT Greg Gaines
RB Rodney Anderson

Most of my guys are on the defensive side of the ball.

I like the DT out of Western Illinois Khalen Saunders, the DT out of Texas A & M Daylon Mack, and Washington DT Greg Gaines.  I would love any of these guys in the 4th round or later.

I'm not at the point of wholescale advocacy for him yet, but I am intrigued by the long DE out of Wyoming Carl Granderson.

At LB I like Dru Tranquil

Though there is no room for sentimentality in football, i'm rooting for Jimmy Smith's son, Louisville WR Jaylen Smith, who ran a strong 4.48 in the 40 after an uneven career at Louisville.

USC OT Chuma Edogah would be a guy I'd like later, along with the G from Elon.

If we went Hockenson or something other than RT in the first, I wouldn't mind McGary in the 2nd or 3rd, either.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2019, 05:13 PM by Bullseye.)

(03-12-2019, 10:47 AM)Caldrac Wrote: TE - Josh Oliver - San Jose State

I also like Browning and Sills.

(03-12-2019, 10:58 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Trayvon Williams is another guy for me along with Gary Jennings

I'd love Williams at the bottom of the 3rd/top of the 4th.

(03-12-2019, 05:01 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

Most of my guys are on the defensive side of the ball.

I like the DT out of Western Illinois Khalen Saunders, the DT out of Texas A & M Daylon Mack, and Washington DT Greg Gaines.  I would love any of these guys in the 4th round or later.

I'm not at the point of wholescale advocacy for him yet, but I am intrigued by the long DE out of Wyoming Carl Granderson.

Though there is no room for sentimentality in football, i'm rooting for Jimmy Smith's son, Louisville WR Jaylen Smith, who ran a strong 4.48 in the 40 after an uneven career at Louisville.

If we went Hockenson or something other than RT in the first, I wouldn't mind McGary in the 2nd or 3rd, either.

I don't know if Granderson will even be drafted. In February, he was accused of sexual assault. Until that gets cleared up, he's a huge risk.

(03-12-2019, 05:12 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 10:47 AM)Caldrac Wrote: TE - Josh Oliver - San Jose State

I also like Browning and Sills.

(03-12-2019, 10:58 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Trayvon Williams is another guy for me along with Gary Jennings

I'd love Williams at the bottom of the 3rd/top of the 4th.

Sills has really good 50/50 skills and could be a nice addition on the outside. Browning could be a late pick-up. He's got a decent arm. His stock dipped tremendously though after his 2nd year with the Huskies. He went from being a top 10 pick to essentially a 3rd - 6th RD prospect. Which is fair. He protects the football enough. Could grow into a decent back-up. 

I would be happy with Justice Hill or Josh Oliver though. Especially in this offensive system and with Foles as the QB now. Both of those guys could fit right on in with what DeFillippo likes to do between the short and middle passing game in his system. We'll see. I just fully expect Caldwell and Co. to lean heavily on offense in this draft. I know we might see a good DL prospect there at 7. 

But ideally if they could get some type of trade with maybe Atlanta or Buffalo and still land Hockenson at TE that would be perfect IMHO.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I'm rooting for Tyree Jackson to succeed.

At QB
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(03-12-2019, 05:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 05:01 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Most of my guys are on the defensive side of the ball.

I don't know if Granderson will even be drafted. In February, he was accused of sexual assault. Until that gets cleared up, he's a huge risk.

Whoops...I missed that.