Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Divisional Draft Picks You DON'T Want to See

One of the things about the pre draft season like this is hoping for certain players to be chosen by your team.  Message boards and sports bars all over are being dominated by debates over the desireablility of certain players for their teams.  However, the flip side of that dynamic is simple.  NFL fans hate their divisional opponents and rivals, and do not want to see them succeed.  That is largely dependent upon whether they succeed in the draft.

Accordingly, what player(s) do you NOT want to see go to your divisional foes?

My list: 

1.  Tennessee-Hockenson or Fant.  For YEARS, the tacks have terrorized Jaguars defenses with a liberal use of TEs like Frank Wycheck and Delanie Walker.  With former Patriot Mike Vrabel as tack head coach. he appreciates the benefit of a versatile TE.  The last thing I want to see is either one of these guys end up with the tacks.

2.  Houston-Greedy Williams & D.K. Metcalf, Ole Miss-They have lost a bit from their secondary this offseason, and still have gaping needs in the OL.  I don't want Watson getting any more protection.  But I also don't want that front seven to get any improved coverage from their secondary, giving them an extra count to get to the QB. Greedy Williams could provide that.  He likely won't be there, but I don't want to see him a Texan.  I also don't want to see Metcalf here.  Him working opposite of Hopkins would be a formidable duo.

3.  Indianapolis-Tie Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson and D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss-The Colts had a strong draft last year.  But you could argue they are still vulnerable in the DL, especially against the run.  Lawrence on the nose would make the Colts very difficult to run the ball at them, as he could dominate most centers and clog everything up inside, freeing up their LBs to wreak all kinds of havoc.  As for Metcalf, I have my doubts about him, but if he could succeed anywhere, it would be in an offense with Luck getting him the ball.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
Divisional Draft Picks You DON'T Want to See - by Bullseye - 03-24-2019, 10:12 PM