Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
More Rules Changes

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2019, 08:58 PM by Bullseye.)

(03-26-2019, 08:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 07:20 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Why can't they leave the game alone for once?

Now they have completely eliminated the blindside block.  I wonder how broadly that is defined.

Is a trap block-one of the most basic and fundamental run blocks- considered a blindside block now?
Very interested to see how they define this rule. 
The game is changing in ways I'm not happy about -  and this one could get weird depending on how they define it.

I understand there is a need for improved safety, but many of the rules changes are stupid, reactionary, and are making the game unrecognizable.

The ones regarding hitting the QB prove my point exactly.

You can't hit a QB too high.  I get it you want to eliminate concussions, but a mere grazing of the helmet by a guy being blocked away from the QB or on a ducking QB should not be a penalty.

You can't hit a QB too low.  Because the league was upset that Brady got hurt, this reactionary rule was instituted-nevermind the fact players at every other position routinely get their knees blown out in part as a result of all the different rules changes. These two rules are bad enough individually. 

But because Aaron Rodgers separated his shoulder against the Vikings, a defender cannot land with his body weight on a QB he is in the process of sacking.  Somehow a defender is supposed to run at an often mobile guy weighing anywhere from 215-250 lbs, hitting him exactly between the shoulders and knees, and then can't fall on top of him, even if that's what it takes to bring him down to the ground in the first place.  That stupid penalty, called against Calais Campbell, aided the Steelers in their comeback win against us.

But the tinfoil hat wearing, small market conspiracy theorist inside of me sees the new P.I. replay application as a new and inventive way the suits in New york can habitually screw over the smaller market teams.

The only solace I take in the new P.I. replay rule is the off chance offensive pass interference could actually be called more often, and an obviously wrong field flipping defensive pass interference might get reversed.  There is actually the potential to bring more offense-defense balance to the game.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Messages In This Thread
More Rules Changes - by Bullseye - 03-26-2019, 07:20 PM
RE: More Rules Changes - by imtheblkranger - 03-26-2019, 08:12 PM
RE: More Rules Changes - by Bullseye - 03-26-2019, 08:15 PM
RE: More Rules Changes - by Mikey - 03-27-2019, 12:14 PM
RE: More Rules Changes - by knarnn - 03-26-2019, 08:13 PM
RE: More Rules Changes - by krauley - 03-26-2019, 09:55 PM
RE: More Rules Changes - by homebiscuit - 03-27-2019, 07:53 AM
RE: More Rules Changes - by Dimson - 03-27-2019, 08:28 AM
RE: More Rules Changes - by NYC4jags - 03-26-2019, 08:20 PM
RE: More Rules Changes - by Bullseye - 03-26-2019, 08:54 PM