Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
With Foles making all these pinpoint throws in mini-camp...

(06-28-2019, 09:52 AM)Kane Wrote:
(06-27-2019, 08:19 PM)hb1148 Wrote: I'll take it. Aside from winning percentage, completion percentage, QBR, YPG (and a high TD to INT ratio) are ultimately the most important stats.  You say the "vast majority" of stats show Wentz was better when you really mean a few. And a few show Foles was better. Anyway, the point has been about whether an argument could be made that Foles played as well or even better than Wentz the last couple of years. Clearly he's played well enough that that's a legitimate conversation. 

As far as I know, you're the only one who's claiming that somebody implied that Foles was considerably better than Wentz the last two years. I'll just say that a player doesn't have to be in the top-5 of his position to be considered a quality starter and better than average.

I said a lot of Philly fans. You're the only one who interpreted that to mean a majority of their fans felt that way. I'll stand by what I said unless somebody can prove me wrong.

Well, we can agree on this point at least, probably best we leave it at that.

I'll say this... across social media prior to and right after free agency I remember seeing quite a few "Keep Foles" "Foles is the better QB" type hot takes.
I never heard an Eagle fan say it in person.
And I'm not sure it was ever much more than hope to keep around a really good insurance policy in Foles. Wentz has had some mechanical things and injury issues that give some pundits and fans pause, so it isn't out the realm to think some people prefer the guy who won the SB over the kid who has had a couple really good regular season runs.

Fans gonna fan

Foles is decent and did what was needed when called upon.  I only have pause due to his overall body of work.  I've seen wayyyyy to many QBs(even rookies) come in and look good for a few games, regular or postseason.  I wish he would've played a full season with the Eagles to give a stat line to go off of.  He is here now, so with all of the question marks around the cap and will the offense look more professional, hopefully he can come in and shed all doubt about his durability and consistency.  

That's why i can't accept anything less than playoffs.  We've invested too much into trying to right this offense to stay stagnant and not improve to a consistent playoff contender.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Foles making all these pinpoint throws in mini-camp... - by JagsFansince1995 - 06-28-2019, 12:39 PM