Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I was looking at Jimmy Smith’s stats today

(06-18-2019, 10:13 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(06-18-2019, 01:01 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: His stats from 1996-2001 are very interesting. Everyone says Boselli's dominance during his relatively brief career merit him entering the HOF. On that basis, Jimmy Smith deserves more consideration than he has received. If he had some double-digit touchdown seasons, his chances of getting to Canton would have been much higher. I still say he was the greatest Jaguar ever. Even when double-teamed, the guy couldn't be covered while in his prime. His record-breaking game against the Ravens dominant defense was the greatest performance in Jaguars history.

I agree with everything you said except for your last sentence.

Taylor had 190 and 2 at halftime against Miami. If he would have played the the entire game he would have scored 5 TDs with 300 yards rushing. And it was our first home playoff game ever.

However Jimmys Baltimore game is up there and debatable. I guess it comes down to your own opinion.

Some top all time performances are

1 Jimmys 291 at Balt 
2 Fred’s 234 and 4 at Pitt
3 James Stewart 5 TDs vs Eagles in 1997
4 Means 181 vs Denver (or Buf)
5 Barker’s coffin punts vs Balt in that 6-3 game
6 Our defense on MNF vs Steeler 9-0
7 Keenan’s 18 receptions against the Rams
8 Fournette’s 191 at Pitt 
9 Blackmon’s 200 yard day up in Houston 
10 MJD 303 all purpose yards vs Colts
11 Mathis games against Steelers 
12 Clyde Simmons up in Buff in our first playoff game 
13 Fowler’s game up in NE AFC title game 

Probably forgetting a lot more
That's an impressive list bringing back many great memories. I can think of a few more:

Pete Mitchell caught 15 passes for 196 yards and a touchdown in 1998 against the Ravens, I believe. It was especially amazing since he never had any other games remotely as good.

Tony Brackens had many great games, but it seems like he almost took over a Monday night game one year. He had a fumble recovery, interception and basically wreaked havoc the entire game! It's a shame he never reached his true potential due to a reported lack of effort.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I was looking at Jimmy Smith’s stats today - by jaglou53 - 06-19-2019, 07:18 PM