Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Willie Mcginest has Josh Allen as a break out pass rusher

(This post was last modified: 06-28-2019, 09:40 AM by Kane.)

(06-27-2019, 01:41 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(06-27-2019, 10:39 AM)Kane Wrote: In time for what? They can sign him any time.

I think he plays regardless of contract situation. So I'm not worried about hold outs.
I suspect he shows up to camp.

Disagree.  Yannick is on his way to a $100 million contract.  If I were him, I would hold out then show up in Week 11 to ensure I meet the minimum requirement to have this count as the final contract year.  There's no way I'd play the full season at $2 million.  Lucky for him, he has people advising him on the risk vs reward aspects of this season.

Hmm... I dunno. I don't think sitting out like that really helps the player that much. He could just as easily come back week 11 and tear an ACL.

I mean... if that's what he chooses to do I won't be mad at him for it.
But once the game checks start getting taken... I think it's foolish to play chicken with the franchise like Bell did.

We shall see I suppose. 2 mil is better than 0. And he's getting paid regardless. Then there's the tag still if stuff gets real iffy. I doubt he holds out into the regular season, and I doubt the Jags let it get to the end of the season before making something happen.

(06-27-2019, 04:22 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I don’t think Yannick plays “regardless” of his contract situation. Why would you even say that? You don’t know his personal life. He is playing for that money.

To answer your question, in time for what? In time so he doesn’t miss any training camp and/or preseason.

Yes they can sign him “any” time. But they haven’t yet.

Why would I say that? Because it is like my opinion man.

He is playing for money, but there are good hold outs and bad ones. Missing OTAs is a good hold out. Missing some of camp is OK.
Missing games is where it starts to affect the team. And that's a bit much. And when a player is playing for money and chooses to leave some on the table, then that's silly.
Yan ain't silly. He ain't Bell. He'll be here when it matters.

They haven't yet but they will. And I'm thinking it'll happen before he hits free agency

Messages In This Thread
RE: Willie Mcginest has Josh Allen as a break out pass rusher - by Kane - 06-28-2019, 09:35 AM