Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Willie Mcginest has Josh Allen as a break out pass rusher

He's got him listed at 10 sacks.   I for one would be ecstatic if that happens!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...-out-in-19
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No idea if he gets ten sacks or not, but I do believe he'll make an impact in that rotation.

Excited to see this pass rush in September and I hope they get Ngakoue nailed down soon.

Dude, if he gets 10 sacks as a rookie... and Yan get get his average of 10....

That bodes well for our defense.

(This post was last modified: 06-26-2019, 07:41 PM by Bullseye.)

(06-26-2019, 02:59 PM)Kane Wrote: Dude, if he gets 10 sacks as a rookie... and Yan get get his average of 10....

That bodes well for our defense.

I wonder who opposing offenses will double if those numbers happen....especially if Campbell is still as productive as he has been the past couple of years.

If Allen lines up at SAM on a given play with Campbell at LDE, will teams put an extra TE to that side, keep the main TE in to block, keep a back in or what?

Could teams afford to slide protection to that side if the D threatens blitz from the weakside?

Teams with weaker G play are in trouble, too.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Hope they get Yannick signed in time.

(06-27-2019, 01:23 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Hope they get Yannick signed in time.

In time for what? They can sign him any time.

I think he plays regardless of contract situation. So I'm not worried about hold outs.
I suspect he shows up to camp.

Would be awesome to see Ngakoue and Allen terrorize QB's and OT's for the next ten years. As much as I hate the clots. They had a damn good tandem with Mathis and Freeney for a good long run. We need something like that.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(06-27-2019, 10:39 AM)Kane Wrote:
(06-27-2019, 01:23 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Hope they get Yannick signed in time.

In time for what? They can sign him any time.

I think he plays regardless of contract situation. So I'm not worried about hold outs.

Disagree.  Yannick is on his way to a $100 million contract.  If I were him, I would hold out then show up in Week 11 to ensure I meet the minimum requirement to have this count as the final contract year.  There's no way I'd play the full season at $2 million.  Lucky for him, he has people advising him on the risk vs reward aspects of this season.

(This post was last modified: 06-27-2019, 04:23 PM by JagFanatic24.)

I don’t think Yannick plays “regardless” of his contract situation. Why would you even say that? You don’t know his personal life. He is playing for that money.

To answer your question, in time for what? In time so he doesn’t miss any training camp and/or preseason.

Yes they can sign him “any” time. But they haven’t yet.

(This post was last modified: 06-27-2019, 06:27 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(06-27-2019, 01:41 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(06-27-2019, 10:39 AM)Kane Wrote: In time for what? They can sign him any time.

Disagree.  Yannick is on his way to a $100 million contract.  If I were him, I would hold out then show up in Week 11 to ensure I meet the minimum requirement to have this count as the final contract year.  There's no way I'd play the full season at $2 million.  Lucky for him, he has people advising him on the risk vs reward aspects of this season.
If he did that we could tag him at the end of the year if we wanted

It would be nice if we get a deal done before the start of season but we nobody knows what he is asking for and there always has to be a limit set. If he wants to sit out then fine and we just tag him at the end of the year like Dallas did with Lawrence last year. Not what you want ideally but that is what the tag is for so im not worried.

I’m hoping we just sign him and we avoid the sitting out stuff. And tagging him could make him disgruntled. He’s a top edge player in the league, that’s for sure.

(06-27-2019, 06:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-27-2019, 01:41 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Disagree.  Yannick is on his way to a $100 million contract.  If I were him, I would hold out then show up in Week 11 to ensure I meet the minimum requirement to have this count as the final contract year.  There's no way I'd play the full season at $2 million.  Lucky for him, he has people advising him on the risk vs reward aspects of this season.
If he did that we could tag him at the end of the year if we wanted

It would be nice if we get a deal done before the start of season but we nobody knows what he is asking for and there always has to be a limit set.  If he wants to sit out then fine and we just tag him at the end of the year like Dallas did with Lawrence last year. Not what you want ideally but that is what the tag is for so im not worried.

Then fine? Just let him sit out until week 11?

I'm not fine with not having Yannick out there for the first 9 games. 
'02

I’m sure players understand when other players sit out during camp. I’d imagine that, if the team is losing close games, they would resent Yannick if he’s sitting these games out.

(This post was last modified: 06-28-2019, 09:40 AM by Kane.)

Hmm... I dunno. I don't think sitting out like that really helps the player that much. He could just as easily come back week 11 and tear an ACL.

I mean... if that's what he chooses to do I won't be mad at him for it.
But once the game checks start getting taken... I think it's foolish to play chicken with the franchise like Bell did.

We shall see I suppose. 2 mil is better than 0. And he's getting paid regardless. Then there's the tag still if stuff gets real iffy. I doubt he holds out into the regular season, and I doubt the Jags let it get to the end of the season before making something happen.

(06-27-2019, 04:22 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I don’t think Yannick plays “regardless” of his contract situation. Why would you even say that? You don’t know his personal life. He is playing for that money.

To answer your question, in time for what? In time so he doesn’t miss any training camp and/or preseason.

Yes they can sign him “any” time. But they haven’t yet.

Why would I say that? Because it is like my opinion man.

He is playing for money, but there are good hold outs and bad ones. Missing OTAs is a good hold out. Missing some of camp is OK.
Missing games is where it starts to affect the team. And that's a bit much. And when a player is playing for money and chooses to leave some on the table, then that's silly.
Yan ain't silly. He ain't Bell. He'll be here when it matters.

They haven't yet but they will. And I'm thinking it'll happen before he hits free agency

(06-28-2019, 01:33 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(06-27-2019, 06:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If he did that we could tag him at the end of the year if we wanted

It would be nice if we get a deal done before the start of season but we nobody knows what he is asking for and there always has to be a limit set.  If he wants to sit out then fine and we just tag him at the end of the year like Dallas did with Lawrence last year. Not what you want ideally but that is what the tag is for so im not worried.

Then fine? Just let him sit out until week 11?

I'm not fine with it either, but if Yannick wants to go the Bell route (although Bell had a real gripe being tagged twice) then there isn't anything the team or fans can do about it.
But he doesn't have the leverage really. We drafted Allen, we have the tag, he hasn't made a lot thus far to be sitting on a bunch of money, etc etc.
I'm not "fine" with Yan not being out there but the point is, he has very little real leverage, so I doubt he takes that sort of stance. Common sense should tell us all to chill out about the contract stuff. They are going to get it done and often these things are finished in the twilight hours... the final hours right before camp, or right after it starts or something dramatic for ESPN to sell

I've read quite a bit that it doesn't work that way for Yan because he is under contract.  If he doesn't report to play 30 days before the season opener, he doesn't accrue a year toward free agency. 
Forcing him to play at $2mil would be pretty rude considering his production, but he doesn't have any leverage if he's trying to force a $20+mil/year deal.

(06-28-2019, 09:43 AM)Kane Wrote:
(06-28-2019, 01:33 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Then fine? Just let him sit out until week 11?

I'm not fine with it either, but if Yannick wants to go the Bell route (although Bell had a real gripe being tagged twice) then there isn't anything the team or fans can do about it.
But he doesn't have the leverage really. We drafted Allen, we have the tag, he hasn't made a lot thus far to be sitting on a bunch of money, etc etc.
I'm not "fine" with Yan not being out there but the point is, he has very little real leverage, so I doubt he takes that sort of stance. Common sense should tell us all to chill out about the contract stuff. They are going to get it done and often these things are finished in the twilight hours... the final hours right before camp, or right after it starts or something dramatic for ESPN to sell

I agree there's nothing the fans can do about it, however, the team can most definitely do something about it. They can extend his contract. 
'02

I'd love to see that happen but think he'll be used more like they used Taven Bryan last year; specific situations and roles while he learns how to play like a pro from the players he'll be replacing.