Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump administration revokes California’s authority to set auto mileage standards

(09-18-2019, 07:27 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 05:54 PM)Jags Wrote: Related or not, you’re judgment...

Lawn care professionals in CA are supposed to go electric by, well idk because I don’t live there but, in the near future.  That’s bs.  Enjoy mowing your own lawn celebs.

They've been talking about that a long time.
The problem is not so much CO2, but more the smog that comes from two stroke engines.
Back when my dad lived in California he bought himself an electric mower to try to be a good citizen. This was in the 1980s. He stuck with it for a couple months but then he never bought one again.
What with there being Tesla's on the road now maybe electric mowers are better and stronger... I don't know
It hasn’t gotten far enough for a company to be using them all day.   You’d need to drastically change up your rig just to be able to do it.  You’d need a ton of extra batteries, inverters, and not to mention, I’ve never seen electric equipment with the power needed to get the job done on a ‘professional’ level.  Heck, there are low powered gas 2 cycles that doesn’t get the job done.  More money going out and and more time at each property.  Prices will skyrocket for the companies left that decide to make the change.  If they did that in Florida, I’d probably get out of the business.  Electric is ok I guess for your own lawn.  Doing it once a week.  But not trying to do 25-30 a day.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump administration revokes California’s authority to set auto mileage standards - by Jags - 09-19-2019, 12:28 PM