Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump administration revokes California’s authority to set auto mileage standards

I say GREAT!

Trump administration revokes California’s authority to set auto mileage standards

In a move President Trump said will reduce car prices but will also anger environmental groups, the administration is revoking California's authority to set strict fuel economy standards.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-a...UxtooI2ok8
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I believe the Clean Air Act specifically says CA can set its own, higher standards.
I don't think the President can stop CA without Congress first amending the Clean Air Act.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Related or not, you’re judgment...

Lawn care professionals in CA are supposed to go electric by, well idk because I don’t live there but, in the near future. That’s bs. Enjoy mowing your own lawn celebs.

(09-18-2019, 05:54 PM)Jags Wrote: Related or not, you’re judgment...

Lawn care professionals in CA are supposed to go electric by, well idk because I don’t live there but, in the near future.  That’s bs.  Enjoy mowing your own lawn celebs.

They've been talking about that a long time.
The problem is not so much CO2, but more the smog that comes from two stroke engines.
Back when my dad lived in California he bought himself an electric mower to try to be a good citizen. This was in the 1980s. He stuck with it for a couple months but then he never bought one again.
What with there being Tesla's on the road now maybe electric mowers are better and stronger... I don't know

Lawn care professionals in CA are supposed to go electric by, well idk because I don’t live there but, in the near future.  That’s bs.  Enjoy mowing your own lawn celebs.

My cousin bought a battery operated lawn mower. Worst mistake he's ever made. He only has 1/3 acre and he has to charge the battery 3 times, just to finish the lawn. It takes several hours to charge, so it essentially takes 3 days to mow his 1/3 acre. By the time he is done, he has to start all over.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 11:53 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Trump just trying to help people who can't help themselves. Pretty noble of him if you ask me.

Also, the fossil fuels that charge those electric lawnmowers sure smell pretty.

You can't fix stupid.

I always love when the feds tell states how they should govern. Big government control is great when my guy is doing it. When Obummer did it I was big mad!

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 08:38 AM by homebiscuit.)

(09-19-2019, 07:18 AM)Dumptruck Wrote: I always love when the feds tell states how they should govern. Big government control is great when my guy is doing it. When Obummer did it I was big mad!

I agree. This steps all over states’ rights. Hopefully they tell Trump and the feds to shove it.

(09-19-2019, 08:37 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 07:18 AM)Dumptruck Wrote: I always love when the feds tell states how they should govern. Big government control is great when my guy is doing it. When Obummer did it I was big mad!

I agree. This steps all over states’ rights. Hopefully they tell Trump and the feds to shove it.

I agree.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-18-2019, 11:52 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Trump just trying to help people who can't help themselves.  Pretty noble of him if you ask me.

Also, the fossil fuels that charge those electric lawnmowers  sure smell pretty.

You can't fix stupid.

Coal fired power plants put out nasty stuff, but two stroke engines are even nastier, pound for pound.

The push for electric lawn mowers has to do with smog and athsma, not climate.

In Florida we are lucky that the seabreeze cleans our air so well.

(09-18-2019, 07:27 PM)mikesez Wrote:

They've been talking about that a long time.
The problem is not so much CO2, but more the smog that comes from two stroke engines.
Back when my dad lived in California he bought himself an electric mower to try to be a good citizen. This was in the 1980s. He stuck with it for a couple months but then he never bought one again.
What with there being Tesla's on the road now maybe electric mowers are better and stronger... I don't know
It hasn’t gotten far enough for a company to be using them all day.   You’d need to drastically change up your rig just to be able to do it.  You’d need a ton of extra batteries, inverters, and not to mention, I’ve never seen electric equipment with the power needed to get the job done on a ‘professional’ level.  Heck, there are low powered gas 2 cycles that doesn’t get the job done.  More money going out and and more time at each property.  Prices will skyrocket for the companies left that decide to make the change.  If they did that in Florida, I’d probably get out of the business.  Electric is ok I guess for your own lawn.  Doing it once a week.  But not trying to do 25-30 a day.

(09-19-2019, 09:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 08:37 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I agree. This steps all over states’ rights. Hopefully they tell Trump and the feds to shove it.

I agree.

If California wants to be the dumbest, most asinine, totally inept state in the union... we should let them continue on that downward spiral. It's their constitutional right.

I guess battery powered lawn/garden tools are okay for a suburban homeowner for occasional use, but they won't cut it for rural and/or professional use.  The only battery powered lawn/garden tool that I have and use is a leaf blower.  I use it to clean the front grill and radiator on my tractors.  My chain saws and weed eaters are all 2 stroke engines.  My lawn mower and tractors are all diesel motors.  I also have a log splitter and a stump grinder that are 4 stroke gasoline engines.

As far as vehicles, a battery powered/hybrid uses just as much petroleum fuel as a regular gasoline or diesel powered vehicle when it's all said and done.  Regarding mileage standards they are getting better, but it should be up to the auto industry to innovate and market it.  The government should get out of the regulation business as far as that goes.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-19-2019, 03:15 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I guess battery powered lawn/garden tools are okay for a suburban homeowner for occasional use, but they won't cut it for rural and/or professional use.  The only battery powered lawn/garden tool that I have and use is a leaf blower.  I use it to clean the front grill and radiator on my tractors.  My chain saws and weed eaters are all 2 stroke engines.  My lawn mower and tractors are all diesel motors.  I also have a log splitter and a stump grinder that are 4 stroke gasoline engines.

As far as vehicles, a battery powered/hybrid uses just as much petroleum fuel as a regular gasoline or diesel powered vehicle when it's all said and done.  Regarding mileage standards they are getting better, but it should be up to the auto industry to innovate and market it.  The government should get out of the regulation business as far as that goes.

I have a couple friends with Priuses and that has not been their experience at all... I assume they are checking the trip odometer and the read out at the gas pump and doing the division every time... I mean that's what I do with my turbocharged Elantra, but I don't know.

(09-19-2019, 06:42 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 03:15 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I guess battery powered lawn/garden tools are okay for a suburban homeowner for occasional use, but they won't cut it for rural and/or professional use.  The only battery powered lawn/garden tool that I have and use is a leaf blower.  I use it to clean the front grill and radiator on my tractors.  My chain saws and weed eaters are all 2 stroke engines.  My lawn mower and tractors are all diesel motors.  I also have a log splitter and a stump grinder that are 4 stroke gasoline engines.

I have a couple friends with Priuses and that has not been their experience at all... I assume they are checking the trip odometer and the read out at the gas pump and doing the division every time... I mean that's what I do with my turbocharged Elantra, but I don't know.

Shocker.

Smile

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 06:52 PM by mikesez.)

(09-20-2019, 05:05 PM)Jags Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 06:42 PM)mikesez Wrote: I have a couple friends with Priuses and that has not been their experience at all... I assume they are checking the trip odometer and the read out at the gas pump and doing the division every time... I mean that's what I do with my turbocharged Elantra, but I don't know.

Shocker.

Smile

I think we all have a friend with a hybrid car at this point.
The Prius has been a very popular car and they've been making them for like 15 years now.

(09-20-2019, 06:51 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 05:05 PM)Jags Wrote: Shocker.

Smile

I think we all have a friend with a hybrid car at this point.
The Prius has been a very popular car and they've been making them for like 15 years now.

Yeah but not everyone has a ManMachine like a turbo charged Hyundai. Does it have TrukNutz on the back or did you hang them from the rearview?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-20-2019, 09:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 06:51 PM)mikesez Wrote: I think we all have a friend with a hybrid car at this point.

Yeah but not everyone has a ManMachine like a turbo charged Hyundai. Does it have TrukNutz on the back or did you hang them from the rearview?

Turbocharged = fuel efficient.  
Lots of Displacement = manly
Lots of horsepower = manly

Mine has one of the three.
I don't express my manliness via my vehicle.
Do you?

I was just expressing that I care about fuel economy a little, but not quite enough to invest in a hybrid.

(09-20-2019, 11:10 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 09:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yeah but not everyone has a ManMachine like a turbo charged Hyundai. Does it have TrukNutz on the back or did you hang them from the rearview?

Turbocharged = fuel efficient.  

Do you?

I was just expressing that I care about fuel economy a little, but not quite enough to invest in a hybrid.

But what about your TrukNutz?

(09-21-2019, 01:27 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 11:10 PM)mikesez Wrote: Turbocharged = fuel efficient.  

Do you?

But what about your TrukNutz?

Idk where or if this fits in at all, but I have to share it anyway.   I know a guy that has TrukNutz on his bicycle.   It’s an odd sight.