Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Any NHL Fans?

(12-02-2019, 03:00 PM)Rico Wrote: Been a Flyers fan since the true Broad Street Bully days.  Hard to follow them now unless I pay for some sort of hockey package...which I won't do.

Reddit. It's how I watch every Panthers game unless I am at the game. 

Nice to see some replies. I don't know much about many of the historic players and teams being that I am somewhat new to actually paying attention and following The Panthers and the NHL teams in general. As a kid I was more into watching the Olympics & IIHF than NHL. My family is from Finland, hockey is a huge deal in a country like Finland. There are ofcourse Finnish players in the NHL but not nearly the amount of Canadians, Americans, etc. Despite that Team Finland always does very well in international play, in relative terms. I remember watching the 98 Nagano Olympics, taking Bronze after beating Canada. Even though they took the Bronze perhaps the most memorable game from that tournament was beating Sweden in the quarterfinals. I don't know if anyone can relate, but a Finland vs. Sweden hockey game is a huge deal to these countries. It's significance is greater than a Florida Georgia football game, or even the Superbowl, in relative terms to the small populations of these two Nordic Nations. Basically everyone knows what everyone else is doing that day.

I need something to fill the void left by caring less and less about the Jags week after week, year after year of disappointment. At this point I would rather watch a Panthers game than a Jaguars game. It hurts to say this, especially considering NHL teams have several games a week, longer season, vs the NFL. 

In general though I have to say that I am more and more beginning to enjoy watching hockey over football even when it isn't my favorite teams playing. It's just more fun to watch.

Panthers on tonight at 7! Thinking about going but it's a school night for my nine year old. Cheapest tickets on Stubhub as of last night, $8, realistically $30-40 for decent lower levels seats. Great value regardless.

Messages In This Thread
Any NHL Fans? - by Jagfan44 - 11-24-2019, 07:15 PM
RE: Any NHL Fans? - by rfc17 - 11-24-2019, 07:36 PM
RE: Any NHL Fans? - by jessepeck1213 - 11-25-2019, 09:39 AM
RE: Any NHL Fans? - by RicoTx - 12-02-2019, 03:00 PM
RE: Any NHL Fans? - by TrivialPursuit - 12-02-2019, 03:08 PM
RE: Any NHL Fans? - by RicoTx - 12-03-2019, 08:42 AM
RE: Any NHL Fans? - by Jagfan44 - 12-03-2019, 10:34 AM
RE: Any NHL Fans? - by Kane - 12-04-2019, 01:37 PM
RE: Any NHL Fans? - by MarleyJag - 12-03-2019, 07:01 PM
RE: Any NHL Fans? - by Sneakers - 12-03-2019, 10:14 PM
RE: Any NHL Fans? - by KodiakJag - 12-04-2019, 07:04 AM