Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I know how to fix jags this offseason.

(12-02-2019, 02:38 AM)Jags02 Wrote: I see no reason to dump Coughlin, and suspect he's far safer than many here think.

What are you seeing in Norwell that has you thinking he's so awful? Leanard Fournette ranks among the top RBs in the league. He has a 4.6 ypc average with 6 explosive runs (no RB this season has more than 8 explosive runs). Norwell is part of the reason he's running so well.

Regarding italics, if he does survive, I'd prefer that Shad step in and advise him to oversee hiring any new GM (should there be a new one needed), and assist with any coaching search, for background/interview purposes only, and that is the entirety of his contribution. He shouldn't be undercutting the coach when it comes to managing his players or the GM when it comes to scouting, prioritizing and making roster moves/picks.

If Shad has preferences about a direction to lead the team, Shad should advise Tom, and Tom carry out the plan. Tom needs to be accountable to Shad, though, and not have carte blanche to run the team according to his personal preference.

Personally, I'm curious about the recent presence of Tony, as if Shad is either looking ahead to the day Tom retires, or accelerating that day with a "retire or be relieved of duties" and letting Tony take that position over. I just hope AEW doesn't prove a distraction should that change occur.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I know how to fix jags this offseason. - by Mikey - 12-02-2019, 01:15 PM