Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Vote: Minshew for "Rookie Of The Week"-Week 17

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2020, 11:46 PM by mal234.)

(01-04-2020, 12:52 AM)jrvegeeta Wrote: Kyler Murray got beat in almost EVERY SINGLE CATEGORY for QBs, including wins, yet this happens? Funny thing is that Gardner Minshew got more national attention outside of football than Kyler by a country mile as well. I said this before and I'll say it again: somebody (or some powerful group) high up in the national sports media really hates this city and is pulling out all the stops to see to it that very little positive light makes it to Jacksonville. What the motive for that, however, is well beyond me - and I highly doubt we'll ever find that out.

It makes you wonder what is really going on. Especially since they used him to help promote the NFL and are still using him to promote things connected to the NFL.

(01-04-2020, 06:04 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: I think they know it would have been a wrap with the shew pulling away with the victory due to how many times he crushed the vote during the regular season. The NFL doesn't want us to have nice things.
Someone had started a change.org petition about how Gardner should be named Rookie of the Year. It's gotten almost 1,800 signatures so far. I do think he would have won the Pepsi Rookie of the Year award and that the NFL suspected that would happen as well.

Also, I was watching NFL network tonight and I saw some commercials. There was one for the NFL Honor awards. It showed the AP Offensive Rookie of the Year nominees and they were Kyler Murray, AJ Brown and Josh Jacobs. They also showed the MVP Candidates (Lamar Jackson and Russell Wilson). They didn't mention who was nominated for the Defensive Rookie of the Year award, maybe that information hasn't been revealed yet. I hope that Josh Allen gets nominated for it. Maybe they will do three nominees for that award as well and he will get a nod. I've looked at different sites and some of them are giving him the third best odds to win that award/have him ranked at #3. I hope he at least gets a nod because he is deserving of one.

Also I saw a commercial advertising the college showcases that air on NFL network like the East West Shrine Bowl, the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl and the Senior Bowl. The commercial started out saying. "Before they played on Sunday, the stars of the NFL shined here first. They showed players like Dak, Carson Wentz, Josh Allen, Phillip Lindsay, Cooper Kupp, etc...

They also showed Gardner. They used Gardner and showed clips of him playing in the Senior Bowl/NFL to try and promote that game. (They also showed Daniel Jones, but he wasn't mentioned by name like Gardner was.) The NFL didn't nominate him for the Pepsi Rookie of the Year award, but they still showcase him when they want to use him to promote stuff.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vote: Minshew for "Rookie Of The Week"-Week 17 - by mal234 - 01-05-2020, 11:31 PM