Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rush Limbaugh announces he has 'advanced lung cancer'

(02-04-2020, 01:01 PM)pirkster Wrote: I used to hate Rush in the early/mid 90s.

When I took a mature, honest look inward, I realized it was because he was right about many things I was wrong about.  These were my college years where I tore down my previous beliefs/worldview, and began to rebuild them on my own.  A lot like they recommend during jury duty, I took the opposite stance I usually did and argued/stood for the opposite side.  I had friends in Iraq, so I wasn't a fan of GHW even though he was part of the greatest administration of my lifetime (and one of the best of all time.)  So, I mocked my friends and took Clinton's side.  That election ended up being the only eligible year of my life I didn't vote.  Once I began to build my worldview on a stable, logical foundation on which our country was built... I moved back to the center.  Clinton proved me very, very wrong.  At the same time, it's nearly unfathomable how far left Democrats have gone since then.  He was spot on during those years, which led to the growth of his program.

He says things other people are already thinking themselves.  Most of the left has no means of understanding this.  For me, it's plain as day, since I used to be exactly the same and have the same annoyance with him.  They are today who I used to be, who I grew out of once I began removing emotion and thinking logically.  If you summarily reject conservatism (his message) without introspection and intellectual honesty, you'll never grow out of a child's viewpoint.

I hope he beats this, he deserves to.  He's been entertaining and enlightening for a long, long time and can't be replaced.

The problem with the world today is no one does this anymore.

I started at 14, which is way too young, and everyone thought I was a heartless monster.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rush Limbaugh announces he has 'advanced lung cancer' - by TrivialPursuit - 02-04-2020, 01:44 PM
Copycat - by copycat - 10-31-2020, 08:46 PM
RE: Copycat - by mikesez - 10-31-2020, 08:51 PM
RE: Copycat - by JackCity - 10-31-2020, 10:26 PM
RE: Copycat - by StroudCrowd1 - 10-31-2020, 10:28 PM
RE: Copycat - by JackCity - 10-31-2020, 10:41 PM
RE: Copycat - by StroudCrowd1 - 10-31-2020, 10:48 PM
RE: Copycat - by JackCity - 10-31-2020, 11:02 PM
RE: Copycat - by americus 2.0 - 11-01-2020, 02:10 AM
RE: Copycat - by Jagwired - 11-01-2020, 11:21 AM
RE: Copycat - by mikesez - 11-01-2020, 12:40 PM
RE: Copycat - by JackCity - 11-01-2020, 05:39 PM
RE: Copycat - by mikesez - 10-31-2020, 11:05 PM