Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pandemic and Game Attendance -MERGED

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2020, 10:13 AM by Mikey.)

**mods, I am tubodumb, please move to flyby or NFL forum as you prefer.

Snowy kind of alluded to this before I could get this post done, but in the absence of real-time sports to distract the brain, I've been going to some weird places.

Teams like Indy and TB could be in some dire trouble with their recent signings.

COVID is changing how we currently live and interact, and frankly, I don't see this changing for a while. This isn't going to be one month of sitting at the house instead of going to a theater, and then back to normal. Colleges have already canceled sports for the next two months plus, and pro leagues are likely going to have to begrudgingly do the same.

Worst case scenario, end of summer, this isolation and distancing remains our reality. Travel is still discouraged, gatherings of large crowds restricted. Players are unable to practice or compete. The league decides to cancel the season, as temperatures begin dropping and people start staying indoors again. Do teams still have to pay their players despite games not going on? Are broadcast contracts honored, when no games are played? Do players accrue a year of service against their contracts, even if they never step foot onto a field that season?

Fast forward to 2021. We're getting back to normal, and football is ramping up again (thank GOD!!), but now, Tommy is 44 as the season begins, and Rivers 39. Both players were already beginning to show signs of aging at the end of the 2019 season, and are over a year removed from their last snap from under center. Are they still the same QB as when they signed their FA deal?

Kinda glad we're not hanging our hopes on aging shoulders like those teams. I really hope in two or three months this turns out to be a meaningless post. Sorry to take the board on a really dark turn....welcome to the inside of my mind.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
Pandemic and Game Attendance -MERGED - by Mikey - 03-20-2020, 10:11 AM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 05-27-2020, 07:30 AM
RE: Pandemic and Game Attendance -MERGED - by NH3 - 07-20-2020, 03:41 PM
how do we protect everyone!!! - by snowwolf776 - 05-15-2020, 05:12 PM
RE: how do we protect everyone!!! - by flsprtsgod - 05-15-2020, 06:07 PM
RE: how do we protect everyone!!! - by Newton - 05-15-2020, 10:04 PM
RE: how do we protect everyone!!! - by p_rushing - 05-15-2020, 11:57 PM
RE: how do we protect everyone!!! - by Newton - 05-16-2020, 07:51 AM
RE: how do we protect everyone!!! - by flsprtsgod - 05-16-2020, 10:07 AM
RE: how do we protect everyone!!! - by p_rushing - 05-16-2020, 05:55 PM
RE: how do we protect everyone!!! - by flsprtsgod - 05-16-2020, 08:27 PM