Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Can Anyone Confirm this? (Shenault with character concerns?)

Some of you will undoubtedly tell me this is what I get for reading Walterfootball.

Okay, I accept this.  Point taken.

But, as starved for football information as I am, I went there and stumbled across this article that purports to explain why particular players fell as far as they did in the draft.  The very last player listed in the 2020 version of the article is Jaguars' 2nd round pick WR Laviska Shenault.

https://walterfootball.com/ws2020lshenault.php

Of particular relevance

Quote:On top of the injury, Shenault had a poor combine. He had a slow 40 time at 4.58 seconds and interviewed poorly with teams. The bad interviews led to some character and makeup concerns, which essentially sealed his fate to go later than the first round of the 2020 NFL Draft.

(Emphasis added)

I understand the 40 time scaring people.  It comes as no shock injury concerns could also contribute to a slide.

But NOWHERE have I seen ANY character concerns linked to Shenault, in any pre or post draft reports or articles about Shenault until now.  Granted this offseason may have had a negative effect on the pre draft process, but the Jaguars seemed to place a very high emphasis on character in this draft.  If that is true, and Shenault had any character concerns, I'm not sure why they would make him their second round pick.  Admittedly, ours is the same organization that has trademarked dysfunction at WR with Soward, Reggie Williams, Matt Jones, Justin Blackmon and Jimmy Smith, and things can happen, but given the depth at WR in this class, if character were of paramount import, then force this pick?

I've heard nothing but glowing reviews of Shenault's character. 

Was there an arrest or something I missed?   Have any of you heard anything?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
Can Anyone Confirm this? (Shenault with character concerns?) - by Bullseye - 05-22-2020, 10:49 PM
RE: Can Anyone Confirm this? - by surfon - 05-23-2020, 01:18 AM
RE: Can Anyone Confirm this? - by Dimson - 05-23-2020, 01:49 AM
RE: Can Anyone Confirm this? - by iapetus - 05-23-2020, 04:19 AM
RE: Can Anyone Confirm this? - by MarleyJag - 05-23-2020, 06:54 AM
RE: Can Anyone Confirm this? - by flsprtsgod - 05-23-2020, 07:10 AM
RE: Can Anyone Confirm this? - by The Real Marty - 05-23-2020, 08:06 AM
RE: Can Anyone Confirm this? - by homebiscuit - 05-23-2020, 08:17 AM
RE: Can Anyone Confirm this? - by rpr52121 - 05-23-2020, 10:17 AM
RE: Can Anyone Confirm this? - by rfc17 - 05-23-2020, 12:49 PM
RE: Can Anyone Confirm this? - by HURRICANE!!! - 05-26-2020, 07:39 AM
RE: Can Anyone Confirm this? - by Bullseye - 05-26-2020, 11:18 AM
RE: Can Anyone Confirm this? - by HURRICANE!!! - 05-26-2020, 12:06 PM