Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 2

Well, well, well......I am so glad I was wrong on the Jags last week. Without a preseason to glean info from I felt like I was flying blind in the Jags game and figured Rivers would stymie us again.  Although I was surprised at how efficient our offense was, I was even more impressed with our defensive front against arguably the best "O"-line in the league. We were somewhat stingy with our secondary and were scrappy enough with our linebackers that I didn't necessarily see any liabilities in our defense as a whole. That being said, there were several areas to improve upon, like run defense, but overall I would say the defense played well. 

Now on offense, I love what Minshew did in that he took what the defense gave him and didn't try to do too much when plays weren't there. He did have a tendency to hold on to the ball too long here and there, but that didn't lead to turnovers and major mistakes. The camaraderie in our locker room and the confidence of our players in Minshew and each other is palpable.

Now for my picks:

Jags     (I think our pass rush gets home this week)

Vikes    (This team is too good defensively and will tighten up for the win)

Ravens (Texans D has no chance to stop Jackson and co.)

Last week:  2-1
Overall    :  2-1
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas

Messages In This Thread
This Week in the AFC South-Week 2 - by Bullseye - 09-16-2020, 08:01 AM
RE: This Week in the AFC South-Week 2 - by Mikey - 09-16-2020, 08:56 AM
RE: This Week in the AFC South-Week 2 - by Redrunt82 - 09-16-2020, 10:42 AM
RE: This Week in the AFC South-Week 2 - by tyus - 09-17-2020, 04:04 PM
RE: This Week in the AFC South-Week 2 - by enigma - 09-17-2020, 10:09 PM
RE: This Week in the AFC South-Week 2 - by Mikey - 09-21-2020, 09:20 AM