Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From the Titans Game

(09-21-2020, 06:36 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 06:08 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I get where your coming from. As great and fun as he is, are those mistakes going to happen in January?

When I look at him, I see those 'scout' red flags like arm strength and height but hes one of those guys that makes things happen. I look at Mayfield, Wentz, Rosen etc, these 'cant miss' prospects and they seem to struggle much more on better teams. It will be interesting to see him progress over the year with the ups and downs but I would fix a lot of other areas before Minshew at the moment.

He doesn't have elite arm strength or height, but since he seems to have everything else, I agree with you.  I wouldn't waste resources trying to improve that position.  I think he's more than good enough.  Besides, when you compare him to all the quarterbacks drafted in the first round, the odds of finding a better QB are very slim.  We could spend a dozen first round picks on quarterbacks before we found a better one.  Where is Marcus Mariota?  Where is Jameis Winston?  How is Baker Mayfield doing?  People seem to think, oh, we'll just use a first round pick and he'll be a franchise hall-of-fame level QB.  The odds are very slim.

Marty, your comment should be pinned. Your absolutely right. Mayfield, Winston, Mariotta, they are all getting outplayed by Minshew. 

I will be glad when this city fully accepts Minshew as our franchise player. He’s the face of this team and an up and coming super star. He just hit 8 different receivers with 339 yards and 3 TDs.

I remember Bortles would have 56 yards passing at halftime down 28-0. Then finish the game with 330 yards and 3 TDs. Those days are long gone. Minshew is a gamer. He’s doing more with less. 

Wilson, Brunell, Brees, and many other QBs were the same size as Minshew. I remember people saying Watson couldn’t throw a fast ball during the combine. Arm strength matters but Minshew has every ingredient to be a good QB for a long time. 

In a draft do-over he’s easily a 1st round pick. He’s also going to break the bank come contract time. 

Somebody else can deal with Trevor Lawrence as a rookie. Joe Burrow and all the other rookie QBs have to go through that rookie year struggle. At this point Minshew is a seasoned vet. He makes plays and loves football and it’s infectious. 

He wears cut off jean shorts. Dude was built for Jacksonville.

Messages In This Thread
Impressions From the Titans Game - by Bullseye - 09-20-2020, 05:10 PM
RE: Impressions From the Titans Game - by Kane - 09-20-2020, 05:31 PM
RE: Impressions From the Titans Game - by Newton - 09-20-2020, 05:34 PM
RE: Impressions From the Titans Game - by Kane - 09-20-2020, 05:48 PM
RE: Impressions From the Titans Game - by surfon - 09-20-2020, 05:34 PM
RE: Impressions From the Titans Game - by NoShoes - 09-20-2020, 05:42 PM
RE: Impressions From the Titans Game - by JagFanatic24 - 09-21-2020, 09:23 PM
RE: Impressions From the Titans Game - by copycat - 09-20-2020, 06:08 PM
RE: Impressions From the Titans Game - by NoShoes - 09-20-2020, 06:08 PM
RE: Impressions From the Titans Game - by NCJag - 09-20-2020, 06:23 PM
RE: Impressions From the Titans Game - by NoShoes - 09-20-2020, 06:29 PM