Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Taven Bryan - Another first round bust on this Regime's Resume!

(10-12-2020, 02:37 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(10-12-2020, 02:35 PM)Kane Wrote: He only notched like 22 wins, with most of those coming from the Shack leftovers, so you must mean %.

I'm not here to defend Caldwell but Gene Smith was laughable as GM. After 2009 he never had a single "good" pick. And even 2009 was pretty hit and miss.
Honestly Caldwell is a better GM than Smith was. But the results aren't better for a myriad of reasons (one of them being 4 more years on the job for 4 more years of mistakes).

Really not sure why Khan didn't totally clean house last offseason but it sure does look like the ship is sinking instead of being righted.

Yes, I meant winning percentage.  But even then, I was joking.  See my post right above yours.

Got it. 
I'm really not sure that our entire problem is all personnel as much as it is approach. 
We've had quite a few talented drafted players since Caldwell has been GM. It's just that there is either so much youth and inexperience or experience with a limited window for opportunity. Then the wrong guys are kept and the wrong ones let go and too much dipping in free agency. Missing on QBs and having poor coach staffs doesn't help either.

I still contend that generally speaking he hasn't been as bad as some say but he probably won't be missed when he's gone. Unless the next GM is more Gene Smith lol.
I mean, drafting a punter in the 3rd was just about the worst move I've ever seen, don't think any one can live that down.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 06-16-2021, 06:41 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by jaguarmvp - 06-17-2021, 06:50 PM