Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NC is going to die a slow death

I'll share links later, but this is what I wrote for Trivial Annoyances but it's not trivial and it is political. I am so fed up with these leftist agendas. This is kind of chaotic to read but had to get it down and out of my system before I had a freaking aneurysm.

I am so sick and tired of our governor dictator here in NC. He's extended phase 3 for another three weeks and he's sent ordinances to 36 counties asking municipalities to get strict with businesses, fining hefty penalties if they don't comply. Supposedly it's for an increase in positive test results but those numbers are coming from more testing being done. Plus we test at the top of some scale or metric that even the CDC doesn't recommend because it shows too many false positives. A few county health departments are also in trouble for telling hundreds of people they tested positive when they actually tested negative. 

All of this is so he can work around the elected Council of State if they don't agree with any measures he puts in place. He's already bypassed them once when he levelled the ridiculous restrictions we've been under since March 30. And if municipalities don't comply he  will have stronger legal authority to step in himself. He is being sued six ways from Sunday for all the crap he's done here. We have the highest job loss in the southern states and the strictest restrictions. There are businesses in my county that will never recover. 

He cheated to win his seat in 2016 and it looks like he's going to cheat again. If he wins there had better be actual protests -NOT RIOTS - at the Capitol. I don't get involved in those as a general rule because I hate crowds, but I swear I will go up there and protest the [BLEEP] out of his "win." Many think he's setting it up to use if he does win as a means to lock is down indefinitely. I have to find the link again to the verbiage used. If he doesn't win then he'll use it to punish us until his successor takes over.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
NC is going to die a slow death - by americus 2.0 - 10-23-2020, 12:22 PM
Copycat - by copycat - 10-24-2020, 05:34 PM
RE: Copycat - by americus 2.0 - 10-25-2020, 01:14 AM
RE: NC is going to die a slow death - by Sneakers - 10-24-2020, 06:20 PM
RE: NC is going to die a slow death - by Sneakers - 10-31-2020, 08:39 AM
RE: NC is going to die a slow death - by Sneakers - 11-12-2020, 10:07 PM
Copycat - by copycat - 10-24-2020, 05:50 PM
RE: NC is going to die a slow death - by mal234 - 01-01-2021, 12:39 PM