Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NC is going to die a slow death

I'll share links later, but this is what I wrote for Trivial Annoyances but it's not trivial and it is political. I am so fed up with these leftist agendas. This is kind of chaotic to read but had to get it down and out of my system before I had a freaking aneurysm.

I am so sick and tired of our governor dictator here in NC. He's extended phase 3 for another three weeks and he's sent ordinances to 36 counties asking municipalities to get strict with businesses, fining hefty penalties if they don't comply. Supposedly it's for an increase in positive test results but those numbers are coming from more testing being done. Plus we test at the top of some scale or metric that even the CDC doesn't recommend because it shows too many false positives. A few county health departments are also in trouble for telling hundreds of people they tested positive when they actually tested negative. 

All of this is so he can work around the elected Council of State if they don't agree with any measures he puts in place. He's already bypassed them once when he levelled the ridiculous restrictions we've been under since March 30. And if municipalities don't comply he  will have stronger legal authority to step in himself. He is being sued six ways from Sunday for all the crap he's done here. We have the highest job loss in the southern states and the strictest restrictions. There are businesses in my county that will never recover. 

He cheated to win his seat in 2016 and it looks like he's going to cheat again. If he wins there had better be actual protests -NOT RIOTS - at the Capitol. I don't get involved in those as a general rule because I hate crowds, but I swear I will go up there and protest the [BLEEP] out of his "win." Many think he's setting it up to use if he does win as a means to lock is down indefinitely. I have to find the link again to the verbiage used. If he doesn't win then he'll use it to punish us until his successor takes over.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Florida was 32,463 votes away from being in the same place you are. Unfortunately elections have consequences. These people love power too much. Especially the Democrats.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2020, 01:27 PM by americus 2.0.)

I can't copy and paste the verbiage for the ordinance rules and penalties he plans to enact. Basically it's severely restricting businesses and the public and the fines if anyone is reported.

-Any business that allows more than 10 people indoors or 25 outdoors can receive a citation of $200 and the individuals will also receive that fine.
-If the business/individual receives another citation in a rolling year from the first infraction they are fined $350.
-It goes up to $500 to the violator and any non-occupant owner.
-All fourth and subsequent violations will be a $1K fine.
-Each separate time an officer shows up to the same location to assess a violation will result in a separate and distinct penalty.
-A written warning is not required before issuing a citation but is at the officer's discretion.
-If the penalty is not paid within 10 business days a $50 charge will be added to it.

**ETA the individuals issued citations are the managers of the business, not the actual patrons.

The letters ask the local leaders to consider taking action such as:

• adopting an ordinance that imposes a civil penalty or fine (separate from issuing a Class 2 misdemeanor) for violating the provisions of a local ordinance that addresses the COVID-19 pandemic.’

• imposing a higher State of Emergency standard than those included in Cooper’s phase three executive order;

• imposing fines for businesses that do not enforce the mask requirements;

• establishing lower mass gathering limits than those required under phase three;

• curtailing the sale of alcohol earlier than 11 pm;

• closing high risk venues such as bars and night spots;

• limiting restaurant service.

New York isn't dying a slow death.. it's dying rather quickly, people and businesses have been relocating in droves. The ones that are dumb enough to stay get taxed to death to generate lost revenue that moved away.

Just another example of it not being about "safety".  I went to a party yesterday and spoke with some people from Indiana.  They love our Governor and wish he represented their state.  For the record there were more than 30 people there, not a single mask worn and we shook hands/hugged like normal friends do.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-23-2020, 01:52 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: New York isn't dying a slow death.. it's dying rather quickly, people and businesses have been relocating in droves. The ones that are dumb enough to stay get taxed to death to generate lost revenue that moved away.

Here is the problem though, will the people fleeing those democratic run cities continue to vote the same way or have they learned that nothing in life is free?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

They will make the same mistakes. Politics is team oriented. It's hard for people to shed an identity.

(10-24-2020, 05:40 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: They will make the same mistakes. Politics is team oriented. It's hard for people to shed an identity.

My fear as well.  They will continue the same insane ideology convinced “this time” we’ll get it right.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(10-24-2020, 03:36 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Just another example of it not being about "safety".  I went to a party yesterday and spoke with some people from Indiana.  They love our Governor and wish he represented their state.  For the record there were more than 30 people there, not a single mask worn and we shook hands/hugged like normal friends do.

Two questions.  If twenty percent of the people at the party test positive for covid next week; 

1)  What conclusions would you draw from the group's interactions?
2)  What, if anything, would you do differently in the same situation next week?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(10-24-2020, 06:20 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(10-24-2020, 03:36 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Just another example of it not being about "safety".  I went to a party yesterday and spoke with some people from Indiana.  They love our Governor and wish he represented their state.  For the record there were more than 30 people there, not a single mask worn and we shook hands/hugged like normal friends do.

Two questions.  If twenty percent of the people at the party test positive for covid next week; 

2)  What, if anything, would you do differently in the same situation next week?

Not a damn thing.. It's life and you have to live it.. not just lock yourself in and hide..

When all of this Corona crap settles, there's still going to be lines at the grocery store.

(10-24-2020, 05:34 PM)copycat Wrote:
(10-23-2020, 01:52 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: New York isn't dying a slow death.. it's dying rather quickly, people and businesses have been relocating in droves. The ones that are dumb enough to stay get taxed to death to generate lost revenue that moved away.

Here is the problem though, will the people fleeing those democratic run cities continue to vote the same way or have they learned that nothing in life is free?

We have a lot of retired northern folks here and they definitely come here and vote democrat. They complain about how bad things were in NY and NJ but bring their stink down here. Our governors have been democrat more often than not but many mayors and citizens are republican. Somehow our state Supreme court only has one R. We're a red state....but we're not.

1.  None.  It's normal everyday life.
2.  Nothing.  I don't live in fear of a virus that is no worse than the flu.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2020, 06:43 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

(10-25-2020, 06:04 AM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(10-24-2020, 06:20 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Two questions.  If twenty percent of the people at the party test positive for covid next week; 

Like 1,000,000 times..

I have survived cancer twice, the second being a real scare.. I've already looked death square in the face numerous times.  What is the worse is living in fear, that's the real cancer. Live life! My Neighbors have a family party every weekend.  Everyone in the family is still there every Saturday..

The math says that it's overwhelmingly likely that none of the 6 people would even be symptomatic, much less contagious, so there wouldn't be a test for any of them.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-25-2020, 06:04 AM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(10-24-2020, 06:20 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Two questions.  If twenty percent of the people at the party test positive for covid next week; 

Twenty percent transmission rate from a single event is normal life?  How high would the rate need to be for you to consider it abnormal?

The CDC and WHO don't appear to share your medical opinion.  Are they wrong?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(10-31-2020, 08:39 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 06:04 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: 1.  None.  It's normal everyday life.

Twenty percent transmission rate from a single event is normal life?  How high would the rate need to be for you to consider it abnormal?

The CDC and WHO can't even agree on their own advice. They aren't wrong, they're politically compromised.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-31-2020, 08:39 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 06:04 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: 1.  None.  It's normal everyday life.

The WHO was very wrong.  Very very wrong.

The WHO has come out against lockdowns. Are you anti-science?

I tell family and friends down there to be thankful for DeSantis. They hear about the crazy going on up here and they feel bad for us. 

If I didn't have a husband who is extremely susceptible to respiratory problems and a mom who has an autoimmune disorder, I would go mask free and tell these butt turds to go hang themselves. I never get flu shots and never get the flu so I'm not worried about this junk, but I do as my hubby and my mom asks and I wear a mask. Mostly. Especially if I go to walmart because its always crowded being the only store of its kind in our area.