Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
My 'white privilege' is not oppressing you

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2021, 12:58 PM by wrong_box.)

This is a topic which will always be hotly debated. My job has a requirement that after 90 days employment you have to go into Union. This Union is  minority owned and driven towards racial equality or so they say...First let me say I dont give a [BLEEP] what color your skin is, all I expect is for everyone to do their job and follow the same rules and be treated the same across the board. I work in a production cabinet factory.  Here's how it works at my company. If a non minority worker doesn't like his assigned job, he/she has no recourse but to do his job or bid (and win) for another job which are few and far between...If a minority doesn't like his job, he/she refuses to do their job until they get moved somewhere else...If the non minority people do that, they are written up until they either get enough write ups to terminate them, or they quit, while the minority people get moved...IF they actually do write up a minority, they file a grievance for racism and the company caves...

Perfect example happened last night. The CEO told every department supervisor to walk around the entire plant several times per shift looking for anyone not wearing their safety glasses, ear plugs, face masks not over their nose, and any other personal protection as required... 1st shift had 22 write ups, 2nd had about the same, and IDK about 3rd... Both minority and non minority  people were included...One minority girl in addition to not wearing her face mask covering her nose, also got caught wearing ear buds and listening to music... Even though some non minority people got written up for wearing ear buds too, she started yelling that she got written up because she was black and immediately filed a grievance with the Union and the company took both of her write ups away along with several others who claimed they were written up because they were minority workers...

I have only been at this company about 4 years, this is an every day theme,and  being in construction in several different trades through over 2 decades, I have seen this in both Union and non Union companies so I can't see the white privilege...I know racism is abundant, but I have seen the minorities play the race card countless times and companies scared to stand up and say BULL [BLEEP]!!!! They are so paranoid about lawsuits they cave to avoid any racism allegations...

Messages In This Thread
RE: My 'white privilege' is not oppressing you - by wrong_box - 02-10-2021, 12:54 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 02-12-2021, 11:06 AM