Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What would you deem a succesful season for T-Law?

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2021, 02:54 PM by D6.)

(02-11-2021, 02:23 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 01:37 PM)D6 Wrote: Interestingly, former LA Chargers HC / new Lions OC Anthony Lynn discussed the rookie QB topic yesterday ( when speaking to the media covering the Lions ). Including, what transpired with veteran Tyrod Taylor and rookie Justin Herbert in Los Angeles, as well as mentioning Patrick Mahomes with Kansas City.  

Lions OC Lynn's philosophy on rookie QBs all but locks in Goff as 2021 starter (detroitnews.com)

Regarding Trevor Lawrence's situation, the overall COVID-19 situation in the late spring and summer, as well as when he's cleared to participate in practice,  probably will be a huge part of the decision making process of Urban Meyer, Darrell Bevell, Brian Schottenheimer, and Co.

Thanks. Good read and I agree with his points. I've no idea if teams will have training camps and OTA's yet this year but it's a great point and another reason I think we may need to be patient. You can only do so much over zoom and seeing Lynn's comments about confidence, I fear throwing Lawrence in as hes the #1 pick before he or the team is ready. Next year will be another rebuilding year for us Jags so no need to rush in my opinion

My pleasure.  

I agree with Anthony Lynn's points as well.  COVID-19 changed the dynamics of the NFL off-season and summer until further notice.  The NFL coaching and front office experience Urban Meyer has aiding him should prove helpful for the Jaguars,  with this landscape.

If Trevor Lawrence truly earns the Jags starting QB job on merit by the beginning of the regular season or early in the season,  I think the Jags have the realistic potential to be in the thick of the AFC playoff race.  Especially, because the Jags have the best 2021 salary cap situation in the NFL and their additional draft picks situation being very favorable.  If Lawrence isn't ready to take over as starting QB by early in the season,  nothing should change regarding the big ( long term ) picture, barring the career altering injury factor to one or more key players.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you deem a succesful season for T-Law? - by D6 - 02-11-2021, 02:52 PM