Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TheO-LineMatters 7 round mock draft 3.0 (Hopefully the last one)

(04-27-2021, 09:45 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-27-2021, 09:23 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Exactly, so why do we need a pass rushing difference maker on the D-Line? I think we are more than capable of being a good defensive team with a D-Line of Hamilton, Brown and Robertson-Harris. I totally believe we need to focus on getting another OLB. Right now, we just have Allen and Chaisson with virtually nothing behind them. Allen is coming off injury and Chaisson was a huge disappointment in 2020. I don't see a pass rushing difference maker on the D-Line in this draft anyway.

To me, Guy's name says it all. He's just a guy. He's never had more than 4.5 sacks in a year. He's not a pass rushing difference maker. Reader was a NT and he has never had over 2.5 sacks. flgatorsandjags was specifically sighting that we needed a pass rusher on the D-Line, so that is what I was focusing on for current NFL 3-4 teams. Brockers was too inconsistent to call him a pass rushing difference maker. He went from 4.5 sacks in 2017 to 1 in 2018 to 3 in 2019 to 5 in 2020. Not to mention that he had the benefit of playing opposite the best defensive player in the NFL, Aaron Darnold.
You dont know how to judge a players affectivness.  You just look at a sack number.  I want a 3-4 end that is a game changer like a Richard Seymore or a Cameron Heyward.  Since those guys didn't put up double digit stats you don't think those guys were game changer at times?    I feel Barmore has that potential, Barmore can push the pocket, can cause disruption in the passing game, and is good against the run.  Can do it all, none of our guys on the dline has the potential Barmore has

Barmore had 3 sacks and 3 FFs last year so if you just want to look at the sack number there you go.  Not to mention when we are in 4-3 sets Barmore will play the 3 tech where he might shine even more.

I totally disagree with many of your player assessments as well. You buy into too much hype by the media. I look at a variety of issues with pass rushers, not just sack numbers, but they are a big factor. For example, if a guy has a ton of pressures, but only 1 sack, that tells me he can't finish. As NFL QB's get more mobile and athletic, pressures mean less. You need guys who can finish and DB's that can stick with opposing receivers. 

If you are wanting a Richard Seymour or Cameron Heyward, this is not the draft for you. There is not that type of player in this draft. You can't make someone into something they are not. I just don't see what you see in Barmore and now he has red flags as far as his acceptance of coaching. I'm out on that guy. I just think you are seeing something in him that isn't there.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheO-LineMatters 7 round mock draft 3.0 (Hopefully the last one) - by TheO-LineMatters - 04-27-2021, 09:58 AM