Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Nightmare that is Sports talk radio

I made a short trip to the corner store, and I had the misfortune of having my radio tuned to sports talk.

On the way back, I came in on a caller who was a Tebow cultist, saying how badly he wanted to see Tebow play, and that nobody could name any Jaguars TEs, and that Tebow would put butts in the seats.

This was bad enough on its face, but the call in hosts made matters far worse with his response.

He said "the Jaguars need all the help they can get because they are the worst attended team in football."

At what point does the ignorance become willful?

It took one google search, less than a minute, to find the truth of the matter, which is there is ZERO to support that contention.

Going back to 2006-the last thirteen seasons with full attendance (I excluded last year due to Covid), there was not a single year the Jaguars ranked last in attendance.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance/_/year/2020 

In many of those years, we were firmly in the middle of the pack.

This franchise has been far from the model franchise.  There are lots of legitimate criticisms you could level at the team.

What I HATE are the willful misrepresentations epitomized by that segment.

What I hate are holding the Jaguars to different standards by not criticizing other teams for doing the same thing the Jaguars are doing (Use of Etienne during minicamp while silent on the Steelers for using Najee Harris in the same way).

Sorry for the rant, but I had to vent.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
The Nightmare that is Sports talk radio - by Bullseye - 05-16-2021, 08:09 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 06-23-2021, 10:10 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by NYC4jags - 06-23-2021, 11:20 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 06-24-2021, 07:00 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by Bullseye - 06-24-2021, 02:54 PM