Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So, what's going to happen with Minshew?

(06-04-2021, 08:24 AM)mal234 Wrote:
(06-04-2021, 08:12 AM)Mikey Wrote: Is this your opinion, or the radio host/trainer?

Because that is so very far off base. I'd love to see the list of unhappy players we've kept on the roster. Every time someone has voiced their discontent publicly, yes the team has tried to mend fences, but if the player stuck to their demand, that player was gone.

I kind of wonder if he does win the backup job, do we offer an extension? Something tells me that would make a lot of this go away. I don't see him as a long-term starter anywhere, and unfortunately he may just have to learn the same the hard way.

They held onto people like Yan longer than they should have and acted like there was a chance of working things out. Even though it was very clear he didn't want to be on the team and was posting that discontent publicly for a bit before they did anything. Who knows how long Gardner has felt this way, especially considering the organization has treated him over the last couple of years. (Benching him when they shouldn't have, especially when they tried to use the what gives us the best chance to win argument as one of the excuses for doing it. Which was not true.) Now granted there is a new regime in place now, but they still fall underneath the Jags organization.

Also, I don't think trying to give him an extension is going to work. Not at this point. He's young and he's not going to give more of his future/potential to start away to the Jags. I do think he wants make more money, but I believe he wants a chance to do that with another team, where he can bet on himself more. If he was like Ryan Fitzpatrick's age and/or has already been on multiple teams he might would consider it. Or maybe if he had a family to feed or something along those lines. But not now, in his current situation.

Attributing the behavior of the previous front office to this front office is unreasonable. These are different people making decisions about different players in different circumstances. The "they" in your statement got fired so that previous behavior has zero bearing on today's actions.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Messages In This Thread
RE: So, what's going to happen with Minshew? - by flsprtsgod - 06-04-2021, 08:50 AM