Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Minshew Traded (merged)

(08-29-2021, 12:29 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 09:21 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Well said. Ive seen very little mentioned about our historically bad D last season that never gave us chances to win games. There were a few games where Minshew pulled us back to a one score game and the D couldnt get a stop and let the other team go straight down and score. The guy had to put up 35+ points just to have a chance of winning.

Plus seen plenty of we lost 15 games with Minshew when Glennon and Luton started games aswell. 

Minshew was getting hit and under pressure a lot and as the D couldn't stop anything we had to go pass heavy which made us so easy to play against. From what we have seen so far this preseason it looks like Lawrence may be getting more of the same as the D and O-line have struggled.

I've never seen anything like it. The new Jaguars FO comes off as incompetent to me. The moves they've made so far have mostly been head scratchers... You have a QB who can produce in this league... A truly hard thing to come by for any team and we unloaded him. It's not like Josh Rosen where the guy was trash, Minshew can play.

Minshew made lemonade out of lemons in 2019, even to a degree in 2020. What I don't understand is people rationalizing the trade beyond 2 points. We drafted a 1st overall QB and CJ's contract is so poorly done, you had no choice but to keep him or sink a decent amount of change in dead cap. Let's hope we don't find out the hard way what CJ can do in a real game, lol.

Let's look at two stat lines again, Tom Brady and Minshew through 2 years as starter.

31G/30 GS - 637/1014 62.8C% 6607 46/26
23G/20 GS - 501/797 62.9C% 5530 37/11

Tom had play time in 10 more games and had only 9 more TDs with 15 more ints. Mind you, TB12 had a HoF head coach and a lights out defense. It's truly insane to think about. I'm not saying GM is or ever will be at Tom's level, all I am saying is the guy produced on a [BLEEP] team and it bothers me how a promising QB was treated poorly by the last staff and the current staff. All on the prayer that TLaw is going to be better. TL hasn't played a real down yet, why not keep the guy until we verify Trevor is the real deal when it counts? Just my .02. I don't want this team making poor decisions and that seems to be mostly we get from the Jags, mistakes.

I agree with you. For a 6th round pick who just made the roster, he did much more than you would expect. Yes he has his limitations but thats where you build around his strengths. You wouldnt use Brady like Lamar Jackson for example. But once we had Lawrence, that was it for Minshew here as a starter. 

He was treated so badly last year by Marrone and he seemed to try and pin all these teams failures on Minshew. We didnt need to tank last year, we were that bad. The FO let Calais and Bouye go when we didnt need to, Fournette left and won a SB. 

Beathard is ok but the Niners were desperate at QB when Jimmy G went down and Shanahan used Mullins just as much which tells you something. If you cant do it in a Shanahan O then...well damn.

I felt Minshew was a solid #2 and his contract was peanuts that let you spend cap elsewhere. Its over, hes gone, but getting a 6th round pick back for him when thats where we drafted him seems kinda nuts. Wouldnt be surprised to see Philly trade him if they are sold on Hurts to a QB needy team.

Messages In This Thread
Minshew Traded (merged) - by waveZ666 - 08-28-2021, 10:18 AM
RE: Trade: Jaguars are sending QB Gardner Minshew - by JagFan81 - 08-30-2021, 05:39 PM
RE: Minshew Traded (merged) - by TheBigDawg - 08-29-2021, 04:04 PM
RE: Minshew Traded (merged) - by JagsFanSince95 - 08-29-2021, 11:50 PM
RE: Minshew Traded (merged) - by Mowerguy - 08-29-2021, 07:20 PM
RE: Minshew Traded (merged) - by MarleyJag - 08-29-2021, 07:51 PM
RE: Minshew Traded (merged) - by Eric1 - 08-29-2021, 08:03 PM
RE: Minshew Traded (merged) - by Cleatwood - 08-29-2021, 08:07 PM
RE: Minshew Traded (merged) - by Eric1 - 08-29-2021, 07:49 PM
RE: Minshew Traded (merged) - by JAGFAN88 - 08-29-2021, 09:45 PM
RE: Minshew Traded (merged) - by mal234 - 08-30-2021, 06:19 PM
RE: Minshew Traded (merged) - by Dimson - 08-29-2021, 10:18 PM
RE: Minshew Traded (merged) - by DTWD4∞ - 08-30-2021, 11:00 AM
RE: Minshew Traded (merged) - by Doc Holliday904 - 08-30-2021, 11:26 AM