Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Minshew Traded (merged)

(08-28-2021, 11:45 PM)Jag88 Wrote: If the eagles season falls apart, minshew might get in there. Other than that, he might be stuck being a back up. Let's see how it plays out.

He was destined to be a Back-Up regardless.

NH3...
"AZANE"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Minshew gave us something to smile about in a period where there was little else to smile about. So I thank him for that.

But now, it's TLaw time. I would be silly to keep GM as a backup.

I'd rather have draft capitol than a backup QB who isn't any better than the other guy and BTW Bethard has guranteed money in his contract, anyone who didn't see the stasche being let go is blind.

(08-29-2021, 04:39 AM)captivating Wrote: Minshew gave us something to smile about in a period where there was little else to smile about.  So I thank him for that.

But now, it's TLaw time.  I would be silly to keep GM as a backup.

Say it Isn't So.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(08-28-2021, 07:01 PM)scottyg Wrote: It frees up a roster spot to top things off.  I think I'd prefer an extra receiver or DL than a 3rd QB.

Who are you gonna bring in at this point? This isn't time to be adding players, we are beyond that time. Help is not on the way.

Anything you pick up now would be so poor talent wise that if they were in the lineup, something horrible has happened. I'd rather have the proven borderline starting QB backing up our new rookie QB vs some 9th Defensive linemen or reject 6th WR who won't start unless 4-5 guys ahead of him are hurt. This fan base is so strange. Unless Minshew asked for a trade, this move makes little sense at this point and time, especially for the compensation.

(08-29-2021, 11:33 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 07:01 PM)scottyg Wrote: It frees up a roster spot to top things off.  I think I'd prefer an extra receiver or DL than a 3rd QB.

Who are you gonna bring in at this point? This isn't time to be adding players, we are beyond that time. Help is not on the way.

Anything you pick up now would be so poor talent wise that if they were in the lineup, something horrible has happened. I'd rather have the proven borderline starting QB backing up our new rookie QB vs some 9th Defensive linemen or reject 6th WR who won't start unless 4-5 guys ahead of him are hurt. This fan base is so strange. Unless Minshew asked for a trade, this move makes little sense at this point and time, especially for the compensation.

"This Fan Base is So Strange" is So So True. We asked for an Franchise QB and we got him BUT we salivate over an unproven talent (in My Opinion) vs our QB of our Future.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(08-28-2021, 09:21 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 05:32 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Yeah, agree with the 1st part... 99% of this trade is because of Lawrence. Maybe 1% or less due to what CJ did vs scrubs, I'd argue his contract vs dead money if cut played more of a role than his play did.

I do love how the "its preseason" argument is used around here. When we are getting thumped, its to cover for [BLEEP] play/players. When someone does well vs trash in a meaningless game, we wanna anoint them over proven commodities. Pure comedy.

The last guy I would pin the blame on for our lack of success in 2019 or 2020 is the 6th round QB with this stat line.

12 GS 285/470 3271 Yds 60.64 C% 21/6 91.2. 

8 GS 216/327 2259 Yds 66.06 C% 16/5 95.9 

It will be fun to compare Trevor's rookie #s to those stats considering he will have a better RB than GM had in 2019, with most of the other pieces being similar (OL and TE room). TL was compared to Luck coming out, so we will see!

Well said. Ive seen very little mentioned about our historically bad D last season that never gave us chances to win games. There were a few games where Minshew pulled us back to a one score game and the D couldnt get a stop and let the other team go straight down and score. The guy had to put up 35+ points just to have a chance of winning.

Plus seen plenty of we lost 15 games with Minshew when Glennon and Luton started games aswell. 

Minshew was getting hit and under pressure a lot and as the D couldn't stop anything we had to go pass heavy which made us so easy to play against. From what we have seen so far this preseason it looks like Lawrence may be getting more of the same as the D and O-line have struggled.

I've never seen anything like it. The new Jaguars FO comes off as incompetent to me. The moves they've made so far have mostly been head scratchers... You have a QB who can produce in this league... A truly hard thing to come by for any team and we unloaded him. It's not like Josh Rosen where the guy was trash, Minshew can play.

Minshew made lemonade out of lemons in 2019, even to a degree in 2020. What I don't understand is people rationalizing the trade beyond 2 points. We drafted a 1st overall QB and CJ's contract is so poorly done, you had no choice but to keep him or sink a decent amount of change in dead cap. Let's hope we don't find out the hard way what CJ can do in a real game, lol.

Let's look at two stat lines again, Tom Brady and Minshew through 2 years as starter.

31G/30 GS - 637/1014 62.8C% 6607 46/26
23G/20 GS - 501/797 62.9C% 5530 37/11

Tom had play time in 10 more games and had only 9 more TDs with 15 more ints. Mind you, TB12 had a HoF head coach and a lights out defense. It's truly insane to think about. I'm not saying GM is or ever will be at Tom's level, all I am saying is the guy produced on a [BLEEP] team and it bothers me how a promising QB was treated poorly by the last staff and the current staff. All on the prayer that TLaw is going to be better. TL hasn't played a real down yet, why not keep the guy until we verify Trevor is the real deal when it counts? Just my .02. I don't want this team making poor decisions and that seems to be mostly we get from the Jags, mistakes.

(08-29-2021, 12:29 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 09:21 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Well said. Ive seen very little mentioned about our historically bad D last season that never gave us chances to win games. There were a few games where Minshew pulled us back to a one score game and the D couldnt get a stop and let the other team go straight down and score. The guy had to put up 35+ points just to have a chance of winning.

Plus seen plenty of we lost 15 games with Minshew when Glennon and Luton started games aswell. 

Minshew was getting hit and under pressure a lot and as the D couldn't stop anything we had to go pass heavy which made us so easy to play against. From what we have seen so far this preseason it looks like Lawrence may be getting more of the same as the D and O-line have struggled.

I've never seen anything like it. The new Jaguars FO comes off as incompetent to me. The moves they've made so far have mostly been head scratchers... You have a QB who can produce in this league... A truly hard thing to come by for any team and we unloaded him. It's not like Josh Rosen where the guy was trash, Minshew can play.

Minshew made lemonade out of lemons in 2019, even to a degree in 2020. What I don't understand is people rationalizing the trade beyond 2 points. We drafted a 1st overall QB and CJ's contract is so poorly done, you had no choice but to keep him or sink a decent amount of change in dead cap. Let's hope we don't find out the hard way what CJ can do in a real game, lol.

Let's look at two stat lines again, Tom Brady and Minshew through 2 years as starter.

Tom had play time in 10 more games and had only 9 more TDs with 15 more ints. Mind you, TB12 had a HoF head coach and a lights out defense. It's truly insane to think about. I'm not saying GM is or ever will be at Tom's level, all I am saying is the guy produced on a [BLEEP] team and it bothers me how a promising QB was treated poorly by the last staff and the current staff. All on the prayer that TLaw is going to be better. TL hasn't played a real down yet, why not keep the guy until we verify Trevor is the real deal when it counts? Just my .02. I don't want this team making poor decisions and that seems to be mostly we get from the Jags, mistakes.

So.... Minshew = Brady?

My god, what have we done?!

/sarcasm
Signature goes here.

I enjoyed GM15s time here so much!
and very happy to see him move on...and hopefully UP to a team where he really has a chance to show all he can do.
Us having   TL16 and the eggles having GM15 where I have no doubt he'll get more playing time will be big fun.

Not an eggles fan but I AM a Minshew fan.....and always, ALWAYS a Jags fan!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

The writing was on the wall from the second we locked up the #1 pick.

I wish him well and will continue to root for the guy.

(08-29-2021, 07:20 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: I enjoyed GM15s time here so much!
and very happy to see him move on...and hopefully UP to a team where he really has a chance to show all he can do.
Us having   TL16 and the eggles having GM15 where I have no doubt he'll get more playing time will be big fun.

I like the dude, he has made a lot of his rather limited athletic ability and he has a great attitude. He may see the field in Philly or he may not but he's never going to be a long term answer for anybody. Nothing wrong with that though, he can make a lot of money as a long term backup/occasional starter.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(08-29-2021, 07:51 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(08-29-2021, 07:20 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: I enjoyed GM15s time here so much!

I like the dude, he has made a lot of his rather limited athletic ability and he has a great attitude. He may see the field in Philly or he may not but he's never going to be a long term answer for anybody. Nothing wrong with that though, he can make a lot of money as a long term backup/occasional starter.

Yea life as a long term back up QB isn't all that bad.
https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status...4014909447

(08-29-2021, 08:03 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-29-2021, 07:51 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I like the dude, he has made a lot of his rather limited athletic ability and he has a great attitude. He may see the field in Philly or he may not but he's never going to be a long term answer for anybody. Nothing wrong with that though, he can make a lot of money as a long term backup/occasional starter.

Yea life as a long term back up QB isn't all that bad.
https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status...4014909447
This never gets old. Absolutely incredible career.

I think Urban fell for the Minshew magic and sat him down said cut your hair and take this serious and ill give ya a shot at being the starter, and when its said and done and i name Tlaw the starter i will get you a chance to be the starter at another team. Eagles would be a place he could become the starter cause i really dont think hurts is that good.

(08-29-2021, 04:04 PM)TheBigDawg Wrote:
(08-29-2021, 12:29 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: I've never seen anything like it. The new Jaguars FO comes off as incompetent to me. The moves they've made so far have mostly been head scratchers... You have a QB who can produce in this league... A truly hard thing to come by for any team and we unloaded him. It's not like Josh Rosen where the guy was trash, Minshew can play.

So.... Minshew = Brady?

My god, what have we done?!

/sarcasm

I can see the reading level is superb here.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2021, 09:03 AM by Mikey.)

(08-28-2021, 12:45 PM)Bullseye Wrote: As far Minshew I am torn by conflicting sentiments. VWhen the topic of trading Minshew first came up, I was pretty sure the team would not get much in trade for him.  Yet now that I know we have a 6th...or at most a 5th, I am mildly disappointed in what we got for him.

(08-28-2021, 12:45 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Shoebert

Well I forgot that one too now that you mentioned it, but that wasn't the one I was thinking.

So now we potentially have 2 7th rounders, three 6th rounders, And 2...maybe 3 5ths?

we will surely see wins from a boon like this.

2022 preseason champs baybee
(in all seriousness if a GM is looking to build a roster in their own image the best way to do so is with a glut of picks. Let's just hope the GM can find players worth keeping)

(08-28-2021, 01:40 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: You all need to go give Wolfy some condolences..

well farts.

@I didn't realize he was that big of a Shew fan@

(08-28-2021, 03:39 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 10:33 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Bad trade. Lil compensation

Agree I give us a F. We could have got a 6th anytime. We traded him like he has played like Chris Simmons level compensation. Anyway it doesn’t matter, he wasn’t the future here but still, guy was worth more than a 5th at best. Also how does Caldwell give away fifths for backups he cuts when he is with the jags and then immediately pull one over on us when he goes to eagles. This was a buddy buddy deal.

and by anytime you mean anytime before 4p Tues

(08-28-2021, 07:16 PM)Newton Wrote: Don’t forget we did lose 15 games with Minshew last year and he did appear to have hit his cEiling. I still would have liked to keep him as a backup, but if it was between this or them cutting him, then better he was traded

this is Glennon and Luton erasure. memory repression is quick and strong with you, kudos.

(08-28-2021, 08:00 PM)cincyjacket Wrote: I was wondering why Beathard was signed. It was because the organization had already decided that Minshew had to go.

most GM/coach like to be tied to their own guy.

It's not like they broke the bank for CJB, and because Minshew was still on his first contract, now was the perfect time to hash out your prospects at backup. I fully believe that had Minshew outshined CJB, we'd have parted ways with him instead. No conspiracy (sorry to disappoint). Either one was affordable enough that you can either trade away for a ham sandwich, conditionally for one without crusts or maybe with mayo, and if nobody bites, you can release them without crippling your roster or cap.

I like Minshew and hope the best for him but he was never gonna flourish here. This morning GMFB posed the question of who is the best QB on the Eagles and at least one felt it just may well be Gardner. There is that much doubt about Hurts.