Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pentagon confirms 10 civilians killed in Afghanistan drone strike

(09-18-2021, 10:03 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(09-18-2021, 07:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: All presidents lie. That's part of the job. They lie to make themselves look better. Trump did that more than anyone. Like I said, I don't like Biden at all. He's like a mindless, walking corpse. He does lie, but so does every other president. George Bush lied, Clinton told some whoppers, Bush Jr. lied, Obama lied, Trump lied a lot and Biden lies, although I don't know if he realizes it, because I don't think he knows where he is half the time. Even the greatest president in the history of this country (Reagan) lied. They all lied about different things. Some lied to prevent mass panic or to prevent backlash for some of the shady things we do in the name of democracy and some lied for personal gain or to boost their own ego. It doesn't matter. A lie is a lie and it's just part of politics. Yes, Biden told a bad lie and it's horrible that innocent people got killed, but it's nothing that I haven't already come to expect. Politics are shady and it's really gotten worse with Obama, Trump and now Biden, so my expectations keep getting lower and lower. I've just come to expect stuff like this to happen now. It'll almost certainly happen with the next president as well, no matter which party is in power. I don't find any of this stuff surprising. It's just depressing, but totally expected.

C'mon, dude. The reason you hate Trump so much is that he's one of the few Presidents where the media actually called him out for lying. AND, I've said this before, most of his lies have to do with his ego. The should call him out for lying, but it makes me sick to my stomach that so many people have gotten used to politicians lying to us, that they justify terrible policy. 

At least things were improving under Trump. He was pretty good on policy. IF trump did the exact same thing as Biden did here, it would be endless news coverage. What Biden did is terrible. He completely botched the Afghanistan withdrawal, and this drone strike was supposed to be a retaliation for us losing servicemen in a terrorist attack. He hit an innocent family. He called it a terrorist group, and bragged about America's strength, all to cover for his incompetence. Then people started saying it wasn't a terrorist, and his administration doubled down. These are lies that matter. 

It's one thing to say, "we got bad intel... our hearts go out to the families and we need to do better, but this is what happens in these kinds of conflicts." That was Obama's approach on the few times the media called him out for it. Again, that stuff happens. Biden is SO incompetent, and to dismiss it by saying all Presidents lie just astounds me. The Biden administration is ruining everything it touches. This is the worst President of my lifetime and it's not even close. Name an area he's succeeding in or making things better for Americans. Just one.

Trump went after big pharma. He lowered the cost of the epipen and brought a successful lawsuit against the makers of Oxycontin. He was the first President in 30 years who hasn't started another war. The economy was heading in the right direction. China was starting to cave (so much so there's a chance they released Covid intentionally). He brought peace in the middle east. He increased jobs for blacks and Hispanics. There were less people crossing the border than ever. He was expanding the capabilities of our military. 

I get it. Trump had a turd of a personality, but the dude got stuff done. He lied about the size of his hands, and the crowd at his inauguration. He lied about how much money he spent on McDonalds for the national champs. He had to take credit for everything, even when it was clear he didn't know what he was talking about. He was a sore loser, a narcissist, and a demagogue (much like every news pundit on national TV). I make all those concessions... but he was WORLDS better than Biden. To make it worse, you could arguably put the blame for the divisiveness in this country on the media and not Trump. That's my position. If they treated Biden the same way, we'd all hate him, too. 

It astounds me that you give this dude a pass for lying when it's all you talked about with Trump. When you look at everything that's happening with this administration, the last thing you should be saying about people calling him out is that we're transparent. This dude and his administration are trash.

Yep, he's an abject failure but as long as the media doesn't cover it, then they're okay with it.

When Biden lies they like to say 'Well all politicians lie.' With Trump is was 'Oh my gawwwwwwd! My eyeballz are bleeeeding!'

[Image: dribbble-bullseye.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Copycat - by copycat - 09-18-2021, 06:37 PM
RE: Pentagon confirms 10 civilians killed in Afghanistan drone strike - by homebiscuit - 09-19-2021, 12:29 AM
Copycat - by copycat - 09-21-2021, 03:08 PM