Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is Derrick Henry the best RB ever?

(10-19-2021, 09:42 AM)CTEisREAL Wrote:
(10-19-2021, 07:21 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Henry reminds me of Eddie George, and it has nothing to do with the fact that they both played for the Titans. There's just something about watching that combination of size and speed, and Henry and George seem like the same back. I'm not sure Henry can be the best ever unless he manages to have a long career. It's rare to see those punishing backs make it all the way through their career without seeing them take an injury that slows them down. George was a monster until, all of the sudden, he wasn't. That said, I also think Henry has the advantage of playing in the passing era. I think you could take any of the big, fast, punishing backs and put them in this era and they would feast. Teams just aren't built to stop the run like they used to be. Freddy T, George, Campbell, Peterson, Bo Jackson, Jim Brown, Walter Payton.... all of them would be wrecking balls.

Sanders was the most fun to watch, but his runs backwards were infuriating. I'm not saying he wasn't great, because he was, I just think he had to do too much on his own. I have always wondered what Sanders might have looked like behind a decent offensive line, but we'll never know if that would change those backwards runs. That said, I think he would get crushed in today's league with the emphasis on speed, unlike those backs I mentioned above. They would break a lot of these shoulder tackles and overpower modern DBs, no prob.

George was a bruiser.  Henry is a gazelle and has better power than George.  Henry has more long TDs than anyone in NFL history.  George rarely had home runs  His yds per carry are a full 1.3 yards LOWER than Henry.  George was never elite.  He played with a great team and very good OL.  It does seem George impact on Henry was a talk he had with him 4 years ago.  That talk seemed to change Henry's mindset.  That is about the only thing George had over Henry.  Now it appears Henry has taken that to next level too.  Henry is the only non-Jag who I like to watch.  He reminds me of Jim Brown every time I watch him except he is faster and more physical.

No
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Derrick Henry the best RB ever? - by Mikey - 10-19-2021, 08:52 AM
RE: Is Derrick Henry the best RB ever? - by Jag88 - 10-19-2021, 06:52 AM
RE: Is Derrick Henry the best RB ever? - by RicoTx - 10-19-2021, 10:13 AM
RE: Is Derrick Henry the best RB ever? - by Mikey - 10-22-2021, 09:13 AM
RE: Is Derrick Henry the best RB ever? - by Jag88 - 10-21-2021, 11:55 PM
Is Derrick Henry the best RB ever? - by p_rushing - 10-22-2021, 11:51 PM
RE: Is Derrick Henry the best RB ever? - by Kane - 10-25-2021, 12:50 PM
RE: Is Derrick Henry the best RB ever? - by Mikey - 11-02-2021, 09:15 AM
RE: Is Derrick Henry the best RB ever? - by JW - 11-01-2021, 08:17 PM