Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If you don't want kids you're selfish

So says Pope Francis. Dude- SHUT UP. (No, we're not talking about religion here, just the asinine comments of this man and many people in general.) 

Link

“Today we see a form of selfishness,” the Pope said, according to Fox News. “We see that some people do not want to have a child. Sometimes they have one, and that’s it, but they have . . . dogs and cats that take the place of children.”

“It is a risk, yes: having a child is always a risk, either naturally or by adoption,” the Argentina-born leader said. “But it is riskier not to have them. It is riskier to deny fatherhood, or to deny motherhood, be it real or spiritual.”

He went on to suggest that there might be something wrong with people who have chosen not to have children.

“A man or woman who do not develop the sense of fatherhood or motherhood, they are lacking something, something fundamental, something important.”

Oh. My. Word. This kind of thing grinds my gears. There is not one damn thing wrong with people who do not want children. I am not lacking anything other than maternal instinct or the desire to have/raise kids. It's not risky that I don't have kids. I am not selfish for not wanting to reproduce. I am 100% not parent material and I know it. I've known it since I was a kid. My brother and sister-in-law are the same. They use protection to not get pregnant but if they did end up in the family way they would accept it; but they have no active interest in having kids. 

No one should be told something is "fundamentally wrong" with them because they don't want kids. It's nobody's damn business why folks choose to have them, or not. Dolly Parton, Jennifer Anniston and Betty White are three famous women of three different generations who chose to not have children. What, pray tell, is "fundamentally wrong" with them? 

Man this chaps my hide.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
If you don't want kids you're selfish - by americus 2.0 - 01-05-2022, 05:15 PM