Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Responsible enough to vote, but not own a firearm??????

(06-18-2022, 08:59 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(06-18-2022, 08:18 PM)mikesez Wrote: We don't have to do everything all at one age.
In fact I think the state might have made a mistake when we eliminated the possibility of 16 year olds getting married.  I think 16 year olds should be allowed to marry people who are 18 or 19, and 17 year olds should be allowed to marry people who are 18, 19, or 20.  Anything older is cradle robbing.  I'd be OK with extending the sliding scale upward.  If someone proposed that an 18 year old should not be allowed to marry a 22 or 23 year old I wouldn't be opposed.  If people under age 25 ever get married, it should only be to other young people. These marriages with wild age differences should not be tolerated until both people are at least 25 years of age

My Mother was 20, and my Father was 27 when they got married so..... If they didn't get married at their age then, I wouldn't be here......... Oh, and they stayed together for life..... My Father passed away December of 2016, my Mother, October of 2019

And I have great-grandparents who were first cousins.  Doesn't make it right.
Hey, at least your dad followed the half your age plus 7 rule.  Maybe that should be the rule for 18-25s.  
My wife's  grandparents had a 20+ year age difference but that was a different country where everyone was poor and she was an orphan.  They stayed together til he died but by all accounts he treated her like a child the whole time.  "You better have a clean house and a hot meal for me when I get home or else!"  That kind of thing.  We're not that kind of society anymore. 
At age 25 though, there should be no restriction, marry any age older than you, your brain is mature at that point.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Messages In This Thread
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 06-18-2022, 05:29 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by SeldomRite - 06-18-2022, 07:06 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 06-18-2022, 07:33 PM
RE: Responsible enough to vote, but not own a firearm?????? - by mikesez - 06-18-2022, 10:19 PM