Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Baalke is really going to earn his money next year.

(12-16-2022, 02:20 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I wouldn't expect Baalke to be fired since the team has improved significantly this season and enough of his free agents/draft picks have done well. The only way he'd be fired would be if he begins clashing with Doug Pederson, however they appear to be working together well to this point.

With respect to Baalke managing the salary cap, he will certainly need to make critical decisions regarding personnel. The 2 "easiest" decisions will be to release Shaq Griffin and not re-sign Jawaan Taylor. These two moves will help greatly. Roy Robertson-Harris has played well, but his $10 million cap hit does not justify keeping him even though he has a dead cap number of slightly over $2 million. Chaisson will also be let go as he has contributed basically nothing towards the team's pass rush. The most difficult decisions will be whether to re-sign Evan Engram and if he can manage to keep Rayshawn Jenkins. Although both these players have their weaknesses, it would be hard to replace them with players as good due to the fact that other positions such as offensive line, cornerback and number 1 receiver are greater need areas in the off-season.

The good news is that Trevor Lawrence should continue to improve making the entire offense better. If Pederson and Phil Rauscher have little confidence in Walker Little, it will be imperative to draft a right tackle in rounds 1 or 2 since the worst possible thing that can happen now to this franchise is for Lawrence to get injured due to bad pass protection. This is why I consider Peter Skoronski to be a strong possibility with the first pick. He would be able to be plugged in immediately and strengthen what has been a very mediocre run-blocking line as well as keeping pass rushers away from Lawrence. He has been mocked anywhere from 5-15 and I believe he will shine at the combine meaning he will be likely taken closer to 5 and out of reach for the Jaguars.

I'd be all for that. As far as Little is concerned, I still believe he is capable of replacing Taylor at right tackle. I'd try to give him some playing time now until the end of the season to gain valuable experience. Even if he plays well, I'd still draft an offensive tackle no later than the 3rd round.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Baalke is really going to earn his money next year. - by jaglou53 - 12-16-2022, 11:19 PM