Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Baalke is really going to earn his money next year.

The fact the Jaguars are playing meaningful football in late December has at the least earned him another year. I do not see Shad firing him for having the best season since 2017. Yes mistakes were made. Yes the team has many holes. Despite all of that it would take a blind man not to see the arrow is pointing up for this team.  There are going to be many tough decisions made before next season.

There is no way this team can fix everything in one draft and free agency period. The team currently over $20 million over the cap. If the team plans on signing Ridley to a long term deal it maybe even worse. Baalke is going to have to prioritize the strengths of the team. So I guess we are going to see the direction the team decides to take.  Let us just go by position group and see the team needs.

Secondary: Dewey's contract is up, There is not a  good corner on the team outside of Tyson Campbell.  Lots of money spent for very poor performance overall.
Offensive Line: Jawan Taylor will get a big deal somewhere else while Walker Little has looked mediocre in his short playing time. The interior of the line is also playing poorly.
Wide Receiver: If Ridley gets reinstated this should be a strength of the team
Running Back: This is a dire position of need. ETN has fallen off the map, the other RB's are not effective.
Tight End: Evan Ingram should be the teams top priority free agent next season. The other tight ends are invisible.
Defensive Line: This unit is very bipolar. Some games they are dominating the trenches. While other games they are getting handled. They have not been consistent enough up until this point.
Line Backers: Travon Walker is the only edge rusher showing real potential. Josh Allen is a solid football player. Allen is not an alpha maybe not even a beta pass rusher right now.  If the team continues the 3-4 they have to find a wait to pressure the QB more often.
QB: Solved
Kicker: Good enough
Punter: Solved
Kick Return: I believe Agnew is going to be a free agent. There will be some competition to resign him. This could be another hole.

Baalke is going to have to work some wizardry with all the holes.  Time will tell if the team decides to go the more offensive route or continue to try to fix the defense. I personally think we should prioritize building around the QB. The team cannot fix everything in one season. Tough decisions ahead.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's frustrating really, because a lot of these awful contracts have set back, tremendously I might add, our ability to take advantage of TL's rookie contract.

The biggest surprise has been the fall off of shaq Griffith. That one hurt this season. Jags need to add a really good cb in the off season. Taylor the right tackle has been playing well, so that's going to be a big decision . You have to get little in there soon or not. There are some big choices coming up but for now, let's enjoy this season. Hopefully, we still have some exciting times in the next 2 months! Yes I said 2 months not 1. HOPEFULLY

Go jags!

Lol, you guys thought Baalke was getting fired? Please.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-16-2022, 04:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, you guys thought Baalke was getting fired? Please.

Can't imagine why he would. His drafts so far have been pretty good imo. Free agency has been here and there but overall not the worst i've seen in duval.

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2022, 06:22 AM by Jag88.)

Jags fan are bipolar when it comes to balkie.

(12-16-2022, 06:22 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Jags fan are bipolar when it comes to balkie.

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking.  If we lose this week, we'll be back to "fire everyone!"

ETN has fallen off the map?

(12-16-2022, 06:22 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Jags fan are bipolar when it comes to balkie.

Theres a group of people who just dislike him as a person. I have a hard time picking sides on that debate because I don't really know much about the reasoning as to why this narrative is a thing other than the rumors of him running Harbaugh out of SF.

LOL at RB "dire need"

no

It's the OL

Watch the blocking people

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2022, 08:38 AM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

Etienne has not fallen off the map. He only has 8 starts this year and has put up 814 yards rushing with a 5.0 ypc. He only has 163 carries. If you add in his 214 yards receiving, he’s put up 1,028 yards from scrimmage with 4 games remaining.

Etienne has the 3rd best ypc in team history, and with 186 more yards rushing he will become just the 5th player in franchise history to rush for 1,000 yards in a season.

He will probably end up somewhere around 1100 yards rushing in just 12 starts.

(12-16-2022, 08:36 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Etienne has not fallen off the map. He only has 8 starts this year and has put up 814 yards rushing with a 5.0 ypc. He only has 163 carries. If you add in his 214 yards receiving, he’s put up 1,028 yards from scrimmage with 4 games remaining.

Etienne has the 3rd best ypc in team history, and with 186 more yards rushing he will become just the 5th player in franchise history to rush for 1,000 yards in a season.

Tennessee. Best rushing defense in the league.

Detroit. Jags got obliterated so they stopped running the ball.

Baltimore. Got hurt.

Those are his last 3 games. He hasn’t fallen off a map. I’ll go ahead and guarantee he has over 80 rushing yards on Sunday.

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2022, 08:50 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 2 times in total.)

Trevor’s ascension will make filling holes on the roster a little easier. Having the guy at QB that’s viewed as potentially the next big star will appeal to guys that want to go somewhere not only to get paid, but to compete for championships. There may still be guys that just don’t want to play in Jax (see recent waiver claim Henderson), but Trevor’s presence here will still open up some guys’ minds. And if what has been said about Henderson just not showing up after being claimed is true, we don’t want that kind of stupid anywhere near the locker room anyway.

You guys ready for sustained success? I have a feeling some of you aren’t going to know what to do with yourselves.

I am ready for sustained success. We haven’t had that around here since 1996-1999

(12-16-2022, 08:48 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Trevor’s ascension will make filling holes on the roster a little easier. Having the guy at QB that’s viewed as potentially the next big star will appeal to guys that want to go somewhere not only to get paid, but to compete for championships.  There may still be guys that just don’t want to play in Jax (see recent waiver claim Henderson), but Trevor’s presence here will still open up some guys’ minds.  And if what has been said about Henderson just not showing up after being claimed is true, we don’t want that kind of stupid anywhere near the locker room anyway.

You guys ready for sustained success?  I have a feeling some of you aren’t going to know what to do with yourselves.

It's not true.

There was video of him drilling with the RB group. 

They just figured out why the rams cut him and had no choice but to do the same.

(12-16-2022, 08:47 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-16-2022, 08:36 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Etienne has not fallen off the map. He only has 8 starts this year and has put up 814 yards rushing with a 5.0 ypc. He only has 163 carries. If you add in his 214 yards receiving, he’s put up 1,028 yards from scrimmage with 4 games remaining.

Tennessee. Best rushing defense in the league.

Detroit. Jags got obliterated so they stopped running the ball.

Baltimore. Got hurt.

Those are his last 3 games. He hasn’t fallen off a map. I’ll go ahead and guarantee he has over 80 rushing yards on Sunday.

Exactly.

The low yards before contact in two of those contests is a problem as well - correlates with the better rush defenses and further exposes the issues present in our OL. 

The last four games have been bad team efforts to run the ball for a number of reasons. 
Interpreting that as "ETN falling off a map" is a bad take.

ETN is fine. Line needs to play better.

The Tennessee game was very fluky, the Engram corner TD and Zay's tipped TDs were both extremely unlikely...dropped exchanges and Henry fumbles that land right in the hands of Allen a grass blade from being out of bounds. Perhaps we deserved to win anyway, but not nearly as emphatically as it felt.

The reports before the game were that Baalke's seat was red hot and he was likely to be fired. Hopefully Shad does not get swayed by a game where every crazy break went our way and uses that to keep us in Baalke hell for another year.

(12-16-2022, 09:51 AM)Upper Wrote: The Tennessee game was very fluky, the Engram corner TD and Zay's tipped TDs were both extremely unlikely...dropped exchanges and Henry fumbles that land right in the hands of Allen a grass blade from being out of bounds. Perhaps we deserved to win anyway, but not nearly as emphatically as it felt.

The reports before the game were that Baalke's seat was red hot and he was likely to be fired. Hopefully Shad does not get swayed by a game where every crazy break went our way and uses that to keep us in Baalke hell for another year.

Reports or unsubstantiated rumors peddled by irrational Baalke haters?

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2022, 10:06 AM by Upper.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/20...-hot-seat/

It was La Canfora, so probably both. He's a Jags hater, but he has also been among the most accurate reporting on us since his moving to London prediction debacle.

I saw several other blue check chime in and say they heard the same thing in response to that article.

(12-16-2022, 07:22 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: ETN has fallen off the map?

more like the Run Blocking has been so bad.  i'm looking forward to Walker Little at RT maybe he can be a lot better in Run Blocking.  and getting Bartch Back will help with the Left Side Running as well.