Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thoughts on the season and the future

(01-28-2023, 02:47 PM)IKhan't Wrote: This is my first post. I've been a Jaguars fan since the team was announced, but I live in Indiana, so finding other Jaguars fans to talk with has been like finding a needle in a haystack. I just happened to find this forum and I am overjoyed to find other fans of my NFL team. How long has this forum been around and why did it take me so long to find it? Anyway, this team has frustrated me for decades, but once we drafted Trevor Lawrence, I knew things were gonna start looking up. We haven't really ever had a franchise QB. Mark Brunell was the closest thing we'd ever had until now. Also we had to automatically get better, just by the subtraction of Urban Meyer. Good God, what was Khan thinking hiring a college coach with zero NFL experience and zero knowledge of the pro game or how to deal with grown men?

We definitely made positive strides this season, but these positive steps should have been in place years ago. This team should have been totally built, so that a new franchise QB like Lawrence could come in and hit the ground running with most all of the pieces in place around him. Instead, we had years of terrible drafting and poor free agent signings. Don't get me wrong, we have some pieces in place, but it just frustrates me that we don't have more, given all the prime draft picks we earned over the past few seasons. Instead, we have very little to show for them. Now that I have vented about that, lets focus on what we do have. We have a true franchise QB and a franchise RB. That's a good start. We have a fantastic TE that we absolutely must re-sign. I can't tell you how many times Engram came up with key catches last season to keep drives going. We have decent enough receivers as well. We had a lot of drops last season, but our passing game was eons better than what we have seen in the recent past and I hope the addition of Calvin Ridley will make us even better.

On defense we have an up and coming lock down CB in Tyson Campbell. He's a lot of fun to watch. Darius Williams really upped his game since moving to the outside and Andre Cisco has flashed enough that I see his career taking an upturn as well. We have a great young ILB in Foyesade Oluokun and two highly drafted rookie LB's with tremendous upside. I saw Muma flash a few times and I really like that kid. I was high on Lloyd before the draft, but he seemed really lost at times. I'm still confident he can get it together though. I also really like what I see from DaVon Hamilton. Since adding him, our run defense is no longer a complete embarrassment. We still have work to do on the O-Line, D-Line, pass rush and Nickle corner, but things are starting to look really positive and I am excited to see what this team can accomplish. I just hope Khan and Baalke don't screw things up.

Welcome. This board has been around forever. It was originally on the Jags website, but when they shut it down, we moved here. As to the rest of your post, I don't know that you can have a solid team ready for a franchise QB. Oftentimes, you have to draft high to get those, and that comes from losing. I am happy with the pieces we have. I really just want to focus on the lines. Resign Engram, and draft offensive and defensive linemen with every pick. That's all I'm doing until I get the right 5 for Trevor and the right d-line to get the other guy.

Messages In This Thread
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 01-27-2023, 11:28 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by WingerDinger - 01-27-2023, 11:33 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by mikesez - 01-27-2023, 11:34 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by NYC4jags - 01-27-2023, 11:43 AM
RE: Thoughts on the season and the future - by Lucky2Last - 02-13-2023, 02:12 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 02-04-2023, 12:51 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by mikesez - 02-04-2023, 04:31 PM