Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post your schedule predictions here (wins/losses)

(05-13-2023, 12:56 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(05-13-2023, 12:09 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I see the schedule in much the same way.

Weeks 5 (Buffalo) through week 14 is the toughest stretch of our schedule, and if we're not careful, healthy or otherwise not at the top of our games,  there could easily be another 2-3 losses.

It's a manageable schedule, but it's not without its potential pitfalls.

This is pretty much my opinion as well.  I never particularly like doing the game-by-game predictions as it usually overstates the wins for good teams and understates the wins for bad teams.  Just take the Chiefs as an example.  They just won the Super Bowl.  If you go game-by-game, wouldn't they be favored in every game and therefore be 17-0?  However, how many teams go undefeated?  

In regard to the Jaguars, I would agree that the Chiefs, Bengals and 49ers are the three games where I would count us as the underdog.  Assuming we lost those three games, we would be 14-3.  However, are we really going to go 14-0 in the other games?  Any given Sunday is very real in the NFL.  Players are people and people have good and bad days.  Maybe Trevor has a bad day.  Maybe we have a costly turnover.  Maybe we have injuries.  Maybe there's a special teams blunder.  Maybe we have a rookie mistake.  Maybe we get a bad ref call.   Stuff happens.  Upsets happen.  While I might take 14-3 as the starting point, I suspect that we will have two or three upsets against us.  As such, I would put 11 or 12 wins as the most likely scenario.  I like to be the optimist, so I'll say 12 wins as my prediction.

I see us at 13-4(since I'm sure we'll blow one game against the division). 

I do think you're right but I'll be optimistic for once. 

I'm sure I'll revert to expecting a loss before every single game during the season.

Messages In This Thread
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 05-18-2023, 05:43 AM