Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post your schedule predictions here (wins/losses)

Obviously it's hard to know how some teams will look before the season starts, but I'ma go with my gut feeling. 

Week 1 Colts - W
Week 2 Cheifs - L (tho I think it could go either way honestly)
Week 3 Texans - W
Week 4 Falcons - W
Week 5 Bills - W (If this was in Buffalo I might have said Bills, but I think the double London game actually works in our favor here)
Week 6 - Colts - W
Week 7 - Saints - W
Week 8 - Steelers - W
Week 9 - 49ers - L
Week 10 - Titans - W
Week 11 - Texans - W
Week 12 - Bengals - L (could go either way, but the Bengals have a really complete team right now so my gut tells me they take it)
Week 13 - Browns - L (This is under the assumption that Watson returns to his former self, the Browns still have a stacked roster)
Week 14 - Ravens - W
Week 15 - Bucs - W
Week 16 - Panthers - w
Week 17 - Titans - W

13-4, This is assuming Trevor takes another step into his development and the younger players on defense take a step up. This is also assuming Calvin Ridley is the game changer at WR we need. It feels weird to even predict this many wins and i'm sure this wont be exactly how it goes down but heres to hoping. I think for the most part on paper we have a pretty soft schedule, while we do play some heavy hitters we have so many winnable games in our division and especially the NFC South.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-11-2023, 10:45 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Obviously it's hard to know how some teams will look before the season starts, but I'ma go with my gut feeling. 

Week 1 Colts - W
Week 3 Texans - W
Week 4 Falcons - W
Week 5 Bills - W (If this was in Buffalo I might have said Bills, but I think the double London game actually works in our favor here)
Week 6 - Colts - W
Week 7 - Saints - W
Week 8 - Steelers - W
Week 9 - 49ers - L
Week 10 - Titans - W
Week 11 - Texans - W
Week 12 - Bengals - L (could go either way, but the Bengals have a really complete team right now so my gut tells me they take it)
Week 13 - Browns - L (This is under the assumption that Watson returns to his former self, the Browns still have a stacked roster)
Week 14 - Ravens - W
Week 15 - Bucs - W
Week 16 - Panthers - w
Week 17 - Titans - W

13-4, This is assuming Trevor takes another step into his development and the younger players on defense take a step up. This is also assuming Calvin Ridley is the game changer at WR we need. It feels weird to even predict this many wins and i'm sure this wont be exactly how it goes down but heres to hoping. I think for the most part on paper we have a pretty soft schedule, while we do play some heavy hitters we have so many winnable games in our division and especially the NFC South.

I see us around 9-11 wins. Unless Trevor is Manning reincarnated this year he still has "meh" games, and our defense is not that great. Baltimore will be playing better this go around I'm sure and Saints is one I think we drop as well. Bills is likely a loss too.

(05-12-2023, 12:10 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(05-11-2023, 10:45 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Obviously it's hard to know how some teams will look before the season starts, but I'ma go with my gut feeling. 

Week 1 Colts - W
Week 3 Texans - W
Week 4 Falcons - W
Week 6 - Colts - W
Week 7 - Saints - W
Week 8 - Steelers - W
Week 9 - 49ers - L
Week 10 - Titans - W
Week 11 - Texans - W
Week 14 - Ravens - W
Week 15 - Bucs - W
Week 16 - Panthers - w
Week 17 - Titans - W

I see us around 9-11 wins. Unless Trevor is Manning reincarnated this year he still has "meh" games, and our defense is not that great. Baltimore will be playing better this go around I'm sure and Saints is one I think we drop as well. Bills is likely a loss too.

Thats certainly possible, my predictions were definitely more in the "best case scenario" realm of thought.

Week 1 Colts - W
Week 3 Texans - W
Week 4 Falcons - W
Week 6 - Colts - W
Week 7 - Saints - W
Week 8 - Steelers - W
Week 9 - 49ers - L
Week 10 - Titans - W
Week 11 - Texans - W
Week 14 - Ravens - W
Week 15 - Bucs - W
Week 16 - Panthers - w
Week 17 - Titans - W

I say 12-5. Losses will be to Bills, S.F., Browns, Steelers and Bengals.

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2023, 01:17 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

Everyone is predicting us to go undefeated in the afc south. I sure hope so.

Let’s go jags!

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2023, 01:38 AM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(05-12-2023, 12:56 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:

Week 1 Colts - W
Week 3 Texans - W
Week 4 Falcons - W
Week 6 - Colts - W
Week 7 - Saints - W
Week 8 - Steelers - W
Week 9 - 49ers - L
Week 10 - Titans - W
Week 11 - Texans - W
Week 14 - Ravens - W
Week 15 - Bucs - W
Week 16 - Panthers - w
Week 17 - Titans - W

I say 12-5. Losses will be to Bills, S.F., Browns, Steelers and Bengals.

Steelers is an interesting one to pick for a loss, but crazier things have happened.

(05-12-2023, 01:13 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Everyone is predicting us to go undefeated in the afc south. I sure hope so.

Let’s go jags!

On paper it seems likely. But I wouldn't be shocked if the Titans get us once. Unless they just continue spiraling out of control. I have no fear of the Texans or Colts, I think both of their rookie qbs are likely to be pretty average... and probably terrible this season.

Steelers should be improved, we traditionally have done well against them but as a thorn in their side they will be gunning for us. Lawrence won't be "ON" every week of the season and we're basically a team built to play from ahead and score early and often.

(05-12-2023, 01:36 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-12-2023, 12:56 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: I say 12-5. Losses will be to Bills, S.F., Browns, Steelers and Bengals.

Steelers is an interesting one to pick for a loss, but crazier things have happened.

(05-12-2023, 01:13 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Everyone is predicting us to go undefeated in the afc south. I sure hope so.

Let’s go jags!

On paper it seems likely. But I wouldn't be shocked if the Titans get us once. Unless they just continue spiraling out of control. I have no fear of the Texans or Colts, I think both of their rookie qbs are likely to be pretty average... and probably terrible this season.

I agree. Hopefully we can start off right in week one with a W.

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2023, 10:18 AM by Caldrac. Edited 5 times in total.)

Week 1 clots - L
Week 2 Chiefs - L
Week 3 tinhorns - W
Week 4 Falcons - L
Week 5 Bills - W 
Week 6 - clots - W
Week 7 - Saints - W
Week 8 - Steelers - W
Week 9 - 49ers - L
Week 10 - tacks - W
Week 11 -  tinhorns - W
Week 12 - Bengals - W 
Week 13 - Browns - W
Week 14 - Ravens - L
Week 15 - Buccaneers - W
Week 16 - Panthers - W
Week 17 - tacks - L

Going with an 11 - 6 record overall with a surprising start to the season. I have us going 1 - 3 in the first month of football while the team begins to go on a fun winning streak for a while before losing again to the 49ers at home and getting back on track. I think we'll go 4 - 2 in the division and I think we'll start the season with a divisional loss and end the season with a divisional loss but we still win the AFC South. 

This sets us up to sneak up on teams under the radar in the post season. I think the Ravens get revenge in primetime with a last minute FG. I think we'll thump the Bengals on MNF though. The biggest upset on the year will be Atlanta ousting us in London in week four. This will set the narrative up about this team being pretenders which then sparks a thumping of the Bills in London before they come back and start mowing down teams. 

My other scenario. And, preferably, is listed below. 

[font='PT Sans', sans-serif]Week 1 clots - W[/font]
Week 2 Chiefs - W
Week 3 tinhorns - W
Week 4 Falcons - W
Week 5 Bills - W 
Week 6 - clots - W
Week 7 - Saints - L
Week 8 - Steelers - W
Week 9 - 49ers - W
Week 10 - tacks - W
Week 11 -  tinhorns - W
Week 12 - Bengals - L 
Week 13 - Browns - W
Week 14 - Ravens - L
Week 15 - Buccaneers - W
Week 16 - Panthers - W
Week 17 - tacks - W

We finish 14 - 3 during a Trevor Lawrence MVP tour on offense and funny enough lose every single damn primetime game until we win out in the post season for the Lombardi. Why? Because [BLEEP] you, that's why. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Hopefully week 1 doesn't turn into the trap game it looks like it has the potential to be. The first month of the season can be and often is misleading as to who the good teams are and aren't.

(05-12-2023, 10:23 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Hopefully week 1 doesn't turn into the trap game it looks like it has the potential to be.  The first month of the season can be and often is misleading as to who the good teams are and aren't.
While I do agree with this, I have a tough time seeing how the clots will stop the Jags offense. They don't have a good secondary and the Jags have an unreal amount of offensive firepower (insane to type that and it be true).

(05-12-2023, 10:36 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-12-2023, 10:23 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Hopefully week 1 doesn't turn into the trap game it looks like it has the potential to be.  The first month of the season can be and often is misleading as to who the good teams are and aren't.
While I do agree with this, I have a tough time seeing how the clots will stop the Jags offense. They don't have a good secondary and the Jags have an unreal amount of offensive firepower (insane to type that and it be true).

Agreed, but a lot can happen between now and then.  Richardson could prove to be worthy of the selection quickly and difficult to deal with (unlikely) or we could find ourselves experiencing the injury bug at a key position or positions in the preseason or guys not getting much playing time in the preseason could come out rusty or at less than peak physical conditioning week 1 or any number of other negative circumstances or a mixture of several.  Then throw in the fact it's a divisional foe and the truth of "any given sunday".  

The disappointment of the playoff loss to the Chiefs will have many on our roster circling that game I'm sure.  Just take care of business the week before as well, guys.

Week 1 Colts - W
Week 2 Chiefs - L
Week 3 Texans - W
Week 4 Falcons - W
Week 5 Bills - L
Week 6 - Colts - W
Week 7 - Saints - W
Week 8 - Steelers - W
Week 9 - 49ers - L
Week 10 - Titans - W
Week 11 - Texans - W
Week 12 - Bengals - L 
Week 13 - Browns - W
Week 14 - Ravens - L
Week 15 - Bucs - W
Week 16 - Panthers - W
Week 17 - Titans - L

11-6 and AFCS champs

It won't end up like this, as there are always teams that surprise everyone. No idea who that will be. 
I just hope we continue where we left off.

(05-12-2023, 11:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Week 1 Colts - W
Week 2 Chiefs - L
Week 3 Texans - W
Week 4 Falcons - W
Week 5 Bills - L
Week 6 - Colts - W
Week 7 - Saints - W
Week 8 - Steelers - W
Week 9 - 49ers - L
Week 10 - Titans - W
Week 11 - Texans - W
Week 12 - Bengals - L 
Week 13 - Browns - W
Week 14 - Ravens - L
Week 15 - Bucs - W
Week 16 - Panthers - W
Week 17 - Titans - L

11-6 and AFCS champs

It won't end up like this, as there are always teams that surprise everyone. No idea who that will be. 
I just hope we continue where we left off.

I think the Browns will be one of those "suprising teams" even tho they shouldn't be. I think Watson will look a lot different in year 2 with them and that team has a lot of talent.

(05-11-2023, 11:49 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Week 1 Colts - W
Week 2 Chiefs - L (I don't like our defenses chances to get stops)
Week 3 Texans - W
Week 4 Falcons - W
Week 5 Bills - W (Same thoughts,  I think we have a better chance in London than Buffalo,  but this team should be able to compete with anyone anytime, anywhere)
Week 6 - Colts - W
Week 7 - Saints - W
Week 8 - Steelers - W
Week 9 - 49ers - L
Week 10 - Titans - W
Week 11 - Texans - W
Week 13 - Browns - W
Week 14 - Ravens - W (We did it last year,  we can do it again)
Week 15 - Bucs - W
Week 16 - Panthers - W
Week 17 - Titans - W

Summary:  I don't think our division will be very strong,  per usual.  We have reasons to believe we have a real contender to the Chiefs in the AFC.  Have we done enough to become the #1 contender?  Maybe.  Hoping for big improvements out of  Travon Walker.  The 2017 team fell off the map the following season after an AFC Championship appearance,  so having real expectations feels risky and weird.  There will always be a trap game or two in there.  May have to win some ugly games against low caliber teams.  It's the NFL,  just ready for football to come back!
I see the schedule in much the same way.

Weeks 5 (Buffalo) through week 14 is the toughest stretch of our schedule, and if we're not careful, healthy or otherwise not at the top of our games,  there could easily be another 2-3 losses.

It's a manageable schedule, but it's not without its potential pitfalls.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2023, 04:24 AM by wg171. Edited 5 times in total.)

Week 1 - Colts - L
Week 2 - Chiefs - L
Week 3 - Texans - W
Week 4 - Falcons - W
Week 5 - Bills - L
Week 6 - Colts - W
Week 7 - Saints - W
Week 8 - Steelers - L
Week 9 - 49ers - L
Week 10 - Titans - W
Week 11 - Texans - W
Week 12 - Bengals - L
Week 13 - Browns - W
Week 14 - Ravens - L
Week 15 - Buccaneers - W
Week 16 - Panthers - W
Week 17 - Titans - L

I can see 9-10 wins. However, I need to see better play from both lines and the secondary for me to guess 11 or more.

Teams will be targeting us more than they have in the past, especially a couple looking for revenge and our defense may not improve much. There will be a couple of rocky stretches but I still see 10 or 11 wins and an AFC South title this year.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2023, 06:51 AM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-13-2023, 05:51 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Teams will be targeting us more than they have in the past, especially a couple looking for revenge and our defense may not improve much. There will be a couple of rocky stretches but I still see 10 or 11 wins and an AFC South title this year.

I think the division is 100% ours for the taking, obviously there are small possibilities of one of the rookie qbs coming out like Herbert and being remarkable year one, tho just my personal opinion (gotta be careful with this) I don't think Richardson or Stroud are gonna be much in the NFL but it's possible. 

I think the only realistic reason we don't win the division would be either. 

Regression from 16 which seems unlikely
The defense somehow getting worse which seems impossible
Injuries / hope not

(05-13-2023, 06:51 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-13-2023, 05:51 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Teams will be targeting us more than they have in the past, especially a couple looking for revenge and our defense may not improve much. There will be a couple of rocky stretches but I still see 10 or 11 wins and an AFC South title this year.

I think the division is 100% ours for the taking, obviously there are small possibilities of one of the rookie qbs coming out like Herbert and being remarkable year one, tho just my personal opinion (gotta be careful with this) I don't think Richardson or Stroud are gonna be much in the NFL but it's possible. 

Injuries / hope not
Stroud or Richardson certainly could end up being good but they definitely won’t be like Herbert year 1. Herbert had Keenan Allen and Mike Williams to throw to in year 1. Also had Eckler (1K all purpose) and Hunter Henry.

(05-13-2023, 08:09 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-13-2023, 06:51 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I think the division is 100% ours for the taking, obviously there are small possibilities of one of the rookie qbs coming out like Herbert and being remarkable year one, tho just my personal opinion (gotta be careful with this) I don't think Richardson or Stroud are gonna be much in the NFL but it's possible. 

Injuries / hope not
Stroud or Richardson certainly could end up being good but they definitely won’t be like Herbert year 1. Herbert had Keenan Allen and Mike Williams to throw to in year 1. Also had Eckler (1K all purpose) and Hunter Henry.
I agree with you.  If either QB turns out to be good, it'll likely take longer for them to develop to that point, in part because they lack the surrounding talent Herbert had at a similar point in their career, in part because (certainly in Rchardson's case) they lacked the starting QB experience in college).

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!