Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Carolina

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2023, 03:42 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 2 times in total.)

They're a mess obviously.  Strong belief among fans that Tepper stepped in and directed the trade up to 1 to select Bryce Young over the GM and HC Frank Reich potentially preferring Stroud.  Another report was Reich was directed from ownership to change up the play calling to suit Bryce Young more and declined to do so resulting in his dismissal.  This would seem to line up with the idea that Tepper directed the selection of Young.

First, I don't have too much pity for that franchise.  I'm not walking around with a strong hatred for them, but I do remember when Jacksonville was awarded a franchise after Carolina and some negative opinions about Jacksonville coming out of Carolina media.  So, at best, I'm strongly indifferent toward that franchise and their fans.

Second, poor Frank Reich.  Tepper might be one of the worst owners in football given his short tumultuous history.  He reminds me of Dan Snyder a little, though will be difficult even for him to reach that low in the barrel.  Frank got canned last year by one of the worst owners in football in Jim Irsay, who was meddling in personnel decisions and was just canned in Carolina by Tepper, who sounds like he was also meddling in personnel decisions.  Reich may not get another shot, but as far as prior two time head coaches go I'd be more willing to give him a 3rd shot than most others with that track record given who he had to work under.

Third, can Bryce Young ascend to Stroud's level next year?  I know the book isn't written on either yet.  I think tinhorn fans think they're closer to the promised land than they actually are, personally.  That's less an indictment on their team and more a commentary about being behind us not only in talent, but in playoff experience as well.  But no doubt, Stroud is head and shoulders above all other rookie QBs at this time.  Making the post season this year for them would go a long way toward closing that gap somewhat even if they wind up as an early bounce.  It will be difficult for them to make it as there are several good teams fighting for the 6th and 7th seeds.  A lot of football left to play though.  Back to Young, I haven't watched any of him this year, so I have no real opinion on him.

Thoughts on these or other subtopics for this franchise?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
Carolina - by Jaguarmeister - 11-29-2023, 03:37 PM
Carolina - by I am Yoda - 11-29-2023, 04:08 PM
RE: Carolina - by Jaguarmeister - 11-29-2023, 04:15 PM
RE: Carolina - by The Real Marty - 11-29-2023, 04:22 PM
RE: Carolina - by homebiscuit - 11-29-2023, 07:36 PM
RE: Carolina - by Caldrac - 11-29-2023, 04:23 PM
RE: Carolina - by americus 2.0 - 11-29-2023, 06:01 PM
RE: Carolina - by NCJag - 11-29-2023, 07:12 PM
RE: Carolina - by Mikey - 11-30-2023, 10:18 AM
RE: Carolina - by imtheblkranger - 11-30-2023, 01:18 PM
RE: Carolina - by Caldrac - 11-30-2023, 01:34 PM