Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I believe they should bench Lawrence next week

(12-25-2023, 12:09 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Boselli and Lageman both said it during the game yesterday; Trevor shouldn't have been on the field, it was a mistake to bring him back this early and he shouldn't be getting any contact for at least another week. This is from men who played the game and know something of what they're talking about.

It's obvious he was not ready. It's obvious the team wasn't ready. CJ practiced all week and then they switch gears and put Trevor in the game after one day of practice. Of course there was miscommunication and errors. You can't game plan for one QB all week then bring in another one last minute, especially one that isn't healthy as they'd like us to think, and expect success.

Again, this isn't coming from me, though I agree with them, it's coming from former Jags. They had more to say but I can't remember it all. 

I will say if you are watching the game on TV you should listen to the radio broadcast instead of the network hacks. You'll get a lot more insight and information relevant to the team and the game as it's happening. If you're streaming from an unknown site it won't work because the lag time is too long. As it is, between the TV and the radio it's about 5-10 seconds off but it's tolerable.
When those two criticize the coach that speaks volumes! I agree totally that he should not have been named the starting quarterback Sunday following his concussion. Pederson did a great job last season, but he has made some very questionable decisions this year. It's now possible that his shoulder injury will prevent him from playing the final two games knocking them out of the playoffs (Titans would win). The other inexcusable decision was not protecting Rourke which allowed the Patriots to claim him. How do you not have a contingency plan when your starter has been repeatedly banged up and your back-up just suffered a shoulder injury against the Bengals? After what happened to SF in last year's playoffs, you would have thought the Jaguars would known better! Rourke will never be an effective starting q.b. in the NFL, but he showed a lot of moxie and was able to move the team. He could have possibly become the primary back-up to Lawrence beginning next season.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
RE: I believe they should bench Lawrence next week - by jaglou53 - 12-26-2023, 01:20 AM