Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The Official Schedule Release Thread***

Quote:and I think we need to just shut up about it and win.

Gus Bradley and co. aren't getting the slightest benefit of the doubt because the schedule is tough. It's tough, but so is every schedule. I'm sure if you actually looked at it, we probably have one of the easiest schedules in the league (however they calculate that).

apparently we have the 25th toughest schedule in the league.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25066031/2015-nfl-strength-of-schedule-steelers-at-no-1-falcons-at-no-32'>http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25066031/2015-nfl-strength-of-schedule-steelers-at-no-1-falcons-at-no-32</a>

like you said, some of it is self inflicted. If our owner doesn't care about the schedule and uses a home game to play in Europe, then we have no right to complain about the schedule.

The NFL is giving us an opportunity to start at home and pick up some wins. If we can't beat the Panthers and the Dolphins at home, then what's the point of complaining about the schedule? We suck. ANY schedule would be too hard for us.

We can't play the titans and texans every single week.

+1
Shock the world

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:and I think we need to just shut up about it and win.

Gus Bradley and co. aren't getting the slightest benefit of the doubt because the schedule is tough.  It's tough, but so is every schedule.  I'm sure if you actually looked at it, we probably have one of the easiest schedules in the league (however they calculate that).

apparently we have the 25th toughest schedule in the league.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foot...s-at-no-32

like you said, some of it is self inflicted.  If our owner doesn't care about the schedule and uses a home game to play in Europe, then we have no right to complain about the schedule.

The NFL is giving us an opportunity to start at home and pick up some wins.  If we can't beat the Panthers and the Dolphins at home, then what's the point of complaining about the schedule?  We suck.  ANY schedule would be too hard for us.

We can't play the titans and texans every single week.

Except SoS is not usually the most accurate way of determining the difficulty of a team's schedule. That's been proven time and time again, simply because of how fluid the NFL is. Teams improve and decline from previous years.

At the start of last year, we were given a 29th ranked SoS (.453 opponent record).

The actual SoS at the end of the season was .527

That would have been a top 10 finish if the SoS projections actually held true.

Quote:Except SoS is not usually the most accurate way of determining the difficulty of a team's schedule. That's been proven time and time again, simply because of how fluid the NFL is. Teams improve and decline from previous years.

At the start of last year, we were given a 29th ranked SoS (.453 opponent record).

The actual SoS at the end of the season was .527

That would have been a top 10 finish if the SoS projections actually held true.
Yeah, our opponents' record is seemingly much better since they got to whip the jags.

Like I said, no excuses. Absolutely none. Zero.

You can't tell me playing in freakin' Tampa as our 3rd away game is so hard. Same climate, minimal travel, what else? We will have plenty of fans down there as well. Why is Tampa such a hard away game? The Indy and Patriots away games are hard, but they are hard regardless of when they come.

This team isn't getting any slack from me anymore. Improve the damn team and win. You know, we are also allowed to line up 11 guys and we play by the same rules. Winning away and upsetting a good team is allowed. If we don't, then it's not the schedules fault, it's because this franchise is incompentent at evaluating and/or coaching NFL caliber players. Simple as that.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2015, 02:42 PM by SpeedyG.)

Quote:Yeah, our opponents' record is seemingly much better since they got to whip the jags.

Like I said, no excuses. Absolutely none. Zero.

You can't tell me playing in freakin' Tampa as our 3rd away game is so hard. Same climate, minimal travel, what else? We will have plenty of fans down there as well. Why is Tampa such a hard away game? The Indy and Patriots away games are hard, but they are hard regardless of when they come.

This team isn't getting any slack from me anymore. Improve the damn team and win. You know, we are also allowed to line up 11 guys and we play by the same rules. Winning away and upsetting a good team is allowed. If we don't, then it's not the schedules fault, it's because this franchise is incompentent at evaluating and/or coaching NFL caliber players. Simple as that.

It's not about making excuses. This team needs to win this season. Going by your benchmark of using last season's SoS for judging the difficulty of schedule, the Patriots SoS this season is at .477, good for 22nd. Our schedule is at .463, good for 25th.

When you factor in that the Patriots are the defending champs and the Jaguars are picking third, AND they have no 3-game road swing while having a 3-game home stand, how is this an accurate depiction of the NFL's supposed goal of "balancing" the schedule?

Even "experts" are scoffing at the schedule that the Pats got this season.

Quote:It's not about making excuses. This team needs to win this season. Going by your benchmark of using last season's SoS for judging the difficulty of schedule, the Patriots SoS this season is at .477, good for 22nd. Our schedule is at .463, good for 25th.

When you factor in that the Patriots are the defending champs and the Jaguars are picking third, AND they have no 3-game road swing while having a 3-game home stand, how is this an accurate depiction of the NFL's supposed goal of "balancing" the schedule?

Even "experts" are scoffing at the schedule that the Pats got this season.
I don't care. You can't balance the schedules perfectly.

Just freaking win the games. Beat the colts once. Split with the Texans. Sweep the Titans. Beat the Ravens. Beat the bills "at home." No excuses.

Besides, the rules dictate who we have to play anyway.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:I don't care. You can't balance the schedules perfectly.

Just freaking win the games. Beat the colts once. Split with the Texans. Sweep the Titans. Beat the Ravens. Beat the bills "at home." No excuses.

Besides, the rules dictate who we have to play anyway.

The rules dictate who we have to play. That's never the question. It's WHEN we play that's been discussed here ad nauseum. I thoguht this was clear.

You're right, scheduling is difficult and its hard to create a perfect schedule. But if you're goal is to produce a balanced schedule, then why not lean towards making the "difficult" schedule go towards the defending champion rather than the team picking 3rd in the draft?

Jags have a lot of losers for fans. Already complaining and making excuses for how the schedule panned out is funny. This team drafted a quarterback top 3 last year, and let everyone tell it it's all about the quarterback, so why you're crying? We should go 5-1 in this division alone; with the only probable loss coming to the Colts on the road. The NFC South sucks.

We should win two or 3 of them. We play the team that's picking #1 in the draft this year. Quit making excuses for this trash coach, and demand he gets it done instead of sympathizing like he has no talent.

Quote:The rules dictate who we have to play. That's never the question. It's WHEN we play that's been discussed here ad nauseum. I thoguht this was clear.

You're right, scheduling is difficult and its hard to create a perfect schedule. But if you're goal is to produce a balanced schedule, then why not lean towards making the "difficult" schedule go towards the defending champion rather than the team picking 3rd in the draft?

It does lean towards an easier schedule. I don't see the Tampa bay game as a real away game.

Look at our last 5-6 games. All doable/winnable. Combine that with our first 2 games being away, no far trips except London, there's really not much to hate about the schedule IMO.

Quote:Jags have a lot of losers for fans. Already complaining and making excuses for how the schedule panned out is funny. This team drafted a quarterback top 3 last year, and let everyone tell it it's all about the quarterback, so why you're crying? We should go 5-1 in this division alone; with the only probable loss coming to the Colts on the road. The NFC South sucks.

We should win two or 3 of them. We play the team that's picking #1 in the draft this year. Quit making excuses for this trash coach, and demand he gets it done instead of sympathizing like he has no talent.

Absolutely agree. I don't expect 5-1 like you, but I expect us to win a couple of upsets. I expect 7 wins, anything less means Bradley and co. are incompetent, PERIOD.

I really hope we beat the Dolphins in week 2. Of course, Fins fans are already calling this a home game away from home, so I'd love nothing more than to see those people go home disappointed.

The Miami game in week two I think is of utmost importance early in the season. We'll know a lot about Blake and Gus after that game.

Quote:I really hope we beat the Dolphins in week 2. Of course, Fins fans are already calling this a home game away from home, so I'd love nothing more than to see those people go home disappointed.

The dolphins are not good.

Quote:apparently we have the 25th toughest schedule in the league.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foot...s-at-no-32

They use the W-L-T percentage from last year.

They don't factor in number of road/home games in succession and the impact on a team.

I agree with you that we should have a team good enough to win anywhere.

But I defy you or anyone else to find a schedule where an NFL team (excluding New Orleans after Katrina) had 6 road games in 8 weeks, including two three game road stretches.

Yeah, the London game exacerbates the effect.

But I'm betting the Packers didn't have a stretch like that the years they played in Milwaukee.

I'm betting the Bills didn't have a stretch like that when they've played in Toronto.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:It does lean towards an easier schedule. I don't see the Tampa bay game as a real away game.

Look at our last 5-6 games. All doable/winnable. Combine that with our first 2 games being away, no far trips except London, there's really not much to hate about the schedule IMO.

Away game isn't about distance or fans or whatever. Its about taking your team out of the "comfort" of your home routine. That's why the Bucs game is still "away" even though its only 4 hours from Jacksonville. And that's why the London game is also an away game. You're not sleeping on your own beds in your own home. You're not practicing on your own fields.

The strength of schedule isn't that bad, actually. I've never debated this, at least not on paper. I had an earlier post here and I said optimistically an 8-8 record is possible. My gripe has always been how it was scheduled, even though part of it is self inflicted. Having a 3-game road trip is tough enough. Having two due to London makes it even tougher.

That said, I do agree that the last 5-6 games are winnable. But I'm not penciling them in as "W". Its easy to come out and say "Oh we should be 5-1" against this division. That's nonsense. It's a division game. We've beaten much better Indy and Houston teams in the past when "on paper" they should have killed us. And Houston/Tenn have beaten us in the past when "on paper" we should have destroyed them. They are division games for a reason. Unless there is a significant gap in talent (like the Colts past couple of years, mainly thanks to their QB), its generally pretty difficult to go 5-1 or higher on your own division.

Houston on the road is always tough. Until last season, NO was nearly perfect at the Super Dome. Its possible they take a dip this season given their salary problems, but anytime you're going against Brees, it's not an easy out. Same with Atlanta. I mean, that team put up 30+ points 4 times last season, and 50+ once. They're certainly capable of explosive games.

The key to this season is how Blake progresses. If he takes that next step, then we have the edge at QB against TB, NYJ, Hou x2, Tenn x2, and Buffalo. If that is the case, then it certainly makes those match-ups more appealing to us. So even if we say a split with Hou/Tenn just due to how rivalry games are, that still gives us five wins. You get an upset vs. either Miami or Carolina, you catch NO in a down year, and maybe upset SD who is making a cross country trip.

That's 8 wins.

I think that's an acceptable result this season.

Quote:The dolphins are not good.
The questions is "are they better than the Jaguars?"  So far, most would say that they are. It's up to the Jaguars to prove that they are better.

Quote:Jags have a lot of losers for fans. Already complaining and making excuses for how the schedule panned out is funny. This team drafted a quarterback top 3 last year, and let everyone tell it it's all about the quarterback, so why you're crying? We should go 5-1 in this division alone; with the only probable loss coming to the Colts on the road. The NFC South sucks.

5 AND 1???? you talking 5-1?  I'm just trying to get 0-6.  That's at least a start.  But I agree 0-7 would be embarrassing, especially in the AFCS.  Gus should be fired if that happens.

Quote:The dolphins are not good.

Coming off an 8-8 season and added N Suh, Jordan Cameron, and Kenny Stills

Quote:The questions is "are they better than the Jaguars?"  So far, most would say that they are. It's up to the Jaguars to prove that they are better.

I think jaguars win because I think the qb will be much better in this season.

Quote:I think jaguars win because I think the qb will be much better in this season.

And is Ryan Tannehill, at 26 years old, not supposed to improve upon his 27 TD, 12 INT, 92.8 QB rating season?

Here's the thing that some fans keep forgetting. Yeah, we've made improvements. But how is that improvement relative to the improvement of the other teams in the NFL?

Quote:And is Ryan Tannehill, at 26 years old, not supposed to improve upon his 27 TD, 12 INT, 92.8 QB rating season?

Here's the thing that some fans keep forgetting. Yeah, we've made improvements. But how is that improvement relative to the improvement of the other teams in the NFL?

His season last season was higher than he'll do now and jaguars play at home.