Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ramsey has been the best CB in the NFL this past month...

Quote:Ramsey currently has allowed 619 yards in 15 games on 94 targets.

Can you tell me how many yards Sherman, Peterson, Norman, Talib, and CHJ have allowed?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

619 seems like a lot, I really don't remember Ramsey getting burned for huge gains. Except for the awful bust against the Colts.

Quote:Can you tell me how many yards Sherman, Peterson, Norman, Talib, and CHJ have allowed?

All I can see is that Talib and CHJ have only allowed 684 yards combined on 142 targets

Quote:619 seems like a lot, I really don't remember Ramsey getting burned for huge gains. Except for the awful bust against the Colts.

It's only 41 yards a game.

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2016, 08:34 PM by JackCity.)

Quote:619 seems like a lot, I really don't remember Ramsey getting burned for huge gains. Except for the awful bust against the Colts.

Averages out at 41 per game. Take away the long bomb that was credited against him when it wasn't his fault and he has allowed 35 yards per game while being an elite run defender as a CB

KYJaggy should listen to the radio right now
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Just talked about how the jags are using Jalen. Many times line him up with no help whatsoever which is something you NEVER do... he's covering a top receiver like Hopkins and taking away both the slant and the fade without any safety help.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Ramsey currently has allowed 619 yards in 15 games on 94 targets.
Doesn't take into account that he's an all around CB as well.

He's very physical against the run. He's not afraid to come up and hit somebody like he's a LB. He can lock down either side of the field and could easily shine playing inside at CB as well.

It's looking like the speed of the game has really slowed down for him these past few weeks. Looks like he's getting comfortable with his ability to close at this level and jump routes.

He has had his times through out the season where he got worked on some. Jeffery, Hopkins etc will give the best of them fits at times, let alone a rookie. He more then held his own though, definitely.

He really does have the tools and the look of somebody who could be one of the next great CBs in this league. Can't wait to see how he continues to develop and how he steps his game up in year 2.

Quote:Doesn't take into account that he's an all around CB as well.

He's very physical against the run. He's not afraid to come up and hit somebody like he's a LB. He can lock down either side of the field and could easily shine playing inside at CB as well.

It's looking like the speed of the game has really slowed down for him these past few weeks. Looks like he's getting comfortable with his ability to close at this level and jump routes.

He has had his times through out the season where he got worked on some. Jeffery, Hopkins etc will give the best of them fits at times, let alone a rookie. He more then held his own though, definitely.

He really does have the tools and the look of somebody who could be one of the next great CBs in this league. Can't wait to see how he continues to develop and how he steps his game up in year 2.

Yeah he has the tools and physical ability to be as good as he wants to be.

Imagine how good he would be with a real consistent pass rush?

Bye Felicia.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2016, 10:44 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Quote:I'm not going to go back and review every game individually again, but as I have said many times I provided the tool that shows you don't get over a 100 passer rating against simply by allowing a lot of short underneath routes at a high %.

We know it's 60% average so let's just keep it simple and say he gave up 3 receptions on 5 targets every game. If that were the case 60 yards per game at an NFL leading 20 ypc (Hogan leads the NFL at 19.2) would get to just barely below Ramsey's 102.4 passer rating. Obviously he wasn't giving up plays like that so maybe it was something like ~35 yards per game and a TD allowed every other game. That averages out to the right passer rating too, but a very high TD rate. And unfortunately the one long busted coverage on Hilton that may or may not have been his fault doesn't skew the total passer rating that much by itself. 

You make up hypothetical stats, and then when his ACTUAL stats are provided you leave the thread.

"Weeks 1 through 8

7 games

22 receptions

301 yards

1 TD"

You prefer hypothetical stats to real stats?

KYJaggy was hiding behind the statement that "numbers for DBs aren't readily available".

So I went out and found them for him.

Then I PM'd him to let him know I found them for him. He still hasn't opened it. Talk about burying your head in the sand!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ds-at-no-1

KYJaggy looking shaky.

He ran already.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000769950/article/yearend-cornerback-rankings-richard-sherman-lands-at-no-1'>http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000769950/article/yearend-cornerback-rankings-richard-sherman-lands-at-no-1</a>

KYJaggy looking shaky.

Little guy scurried off.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2017, 10:57 AM by hailtoyourvictor.)

*Ramsey finishes the season as the only rookie CB with a Passer Rating Against under 80.0.

*Ramsey finishes as the PFF's #23 overall CB.

CB1

CBs w/ most coverage snaps following #1 WRs:

1. Patrick Peterson (259)

2. Casey Hayward (241)

3. Tracy Porter (230)

4. Jalen Ramsey (227)

Let's not forget he garnered multiple votes for DROY. But nah, he's trash

Ramsey did that with virtually no pass rush.  This team lacks great pass rushers and I don't even believe has any good ones. I hope to see the team get away from this cover 3 coverage as well.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Ramsey did that with virtually no pass rush.  This team lacks great pass rushers and I don't even believe has any good ones. I hope to see the team get away from this cover 3 coverage as well.
I disagree with the team having no good pass rushers. I think Malik provides some real good pressure from the inside. I also think Ngakoue is going to be a complete stud. Worked his tail off his rookie year and ended up with 8 sacks, 4 FF, and an interception. Everyday this guy posts something on his twitter/instagram about working hard and trying to change the culture for the Jags and making 2017 the year of winning. I wish more of the younger guys followed his lead, but you can't force it. I really think Yannick will be a force moving forward.