Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ramsey has been the best CB in the NFL this past month...

https://twitter.com/PFF_Mike/status/813385321828282368

Jalen Ramsey over past 4 weeks:

12-35 targets (34.3 comp %)
145 yards
0 TDs
2 INTs
8 PBUs
24.1 QB Rating
Highest graded CB in NFL

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

And he won't win DROY either because of bosa. Sad.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

"He's still not a #1 corner." - KYJaggy

Good to see we like PFF now. 

With no pass rush either.

Quote:Good to see we like PFF now.

Stats good. Grades and grading system bad.

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2016, 05:33 PM by KYjaggy.)

Quote:Stats good. Grades and grading system bad.
Didn't like when the stats were among league worst 60%+ completions against and 100+ passer rating against after like 10 weeks though. 

Hopefully I see those numbers updated soon, I am sure they are above average now after this great month. 

Quote:Didn't like when the stats were among league worst 60%+ completions against and 100+ passer rating against after like 10 weeks though.

Hopefully I see those numbers updated soon, I am sure they are above average now after this great month.

Who didn't?

From what I remember of this season Ramsey has given up a lot of those underneath routes and comebacks but hasn't really given up much if anything over the top or deep. Wonder if the scheme adds to that somewhat.

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2016, 05:39 PM by JagsGooner.)

Quote:Didn't like when the stats were among league worst 60%+ completions against and 100+ passer rating against after like 10 weeks though.

Pff will forever be a trash site, period. It's like QBR. Absolute trash stat.

Looking forward to your rebuttal of this in iambic pentameter tho.

Quote:Who didn't?

From what I remember of this season Ramsey has given up a lot of those underneath routes and comebacks but hasn't really given up much if anything over the top or deep. Wonder if the scheme adds to that somewhat.
According to KY no CB can allow a catch ever or they are the worst.

Quote:According to KY no CB can allow a catch ever or they are the worst.
What kind of whack hyperbole are you attempting here? The more apt statement would be: according to teal colored Jags MB a CB can allow catches at a near league worst rate and for a near league high passer rating and still be considered great. 

Cause that's what the truth was in both cases for the first 10 weeks or so. He really started turning it around during the Lions game but I haven't seen anyone post his full season rates anymore since then unfortunately. 

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2016, 05:47 PM by KYjaggy.)

It's funny how someone says it's out of bounds to suggest Fowler is a bust before his "rookie season" that isn't actually his rookie season is over, yet saying you want to wait for Ramsey to string together a few games like his last two before putting him into the elite of the position already is also out of bounds. Especially since Ramsey's first half of the season was in fact below average. 

Either we want to practice patience or we don't.

Ramsey has consistently gone up against the other teams #1 WR.

I would expect him to have bad games as a rookie. I think he's on his way to being elite though and not sure how anyone can say otherwise.

PFF has him ranked higher than Josh Norman on the year. He's made a steady climb over the last month.

Quote:What kind of whack hyperbole are you attempting here? The more apt statement would be: according to teal colored Jags MB a CB can allow catches at a near league worst rate and for a near league high passer rating and still be considered great.

Cause that's what the truth was in both cases for the first 10 weeks or so. He really started turning it around during the Lions game but I haven't seen anyone post his full season rates anymore since then unfortunately.

Not really trying to argue with ya but I think he had a pretty good first 10 weeks no? Let me know if I'm wrong here.

Game 1- Green Bay - Didn't allow a completion from Rodgers I don't think?

Game 2- Chargers- Don't remember much, think he was beaten a good few times.

Game 3- Ravens- Shut down Steve Smith

Game 4- clots- Shut down Ty Hilton

Game 5- Bears- Jeffrey abused him in the first half, shut him down in the second and had the game sealing PD.

Game 6- Raiders- Shut down Amari Cooper

Game 7- Titans - Gave up 50 yards or less

Game 8-Chiefs- A.Wilson lead the Chiefs WRs with 48 yards, next best was Conley with 28

Game 9- Texans- Hopkins lead the Texans with 48 yards receiving.

Game 10- Lions- No Lions WR had more that 48 yards. Had a great game I think.

Quote:Not really trying to argue with ya but I think he had a pretty good first 10 weeks no? Let me know if I'm wrong here.
Shut down is subjective. As I've said, he was giving up over 60% completions and over 100 passer rating when targeted the last I saw which was about week 10. It wasn't for a ton of yards or TDs, but it was a pretty good amount of targets and first downs allowed.

It wasn't to the level of where anyone would say he was getting picked on outside of the Jeffery 1st half, but it was enough that when he was targeted they were successful.

Quote:Shut down is subjective. As I've said, he was giving up over 60% completions and over 100 passer rating when targeted the last I saw which was about week 10. It wasn't for a ton of yards or TDs, but it was a pretty good amount of targets and first downs allowed.

It wasn't to the level of where anyone would say he was getting picked on outside of the Jeffery 1st half, but it was enough that when he was targeted they were successful.

When targeted? So if the QB looks the other way 59 times a game and targets Ramsey once for a completion - he'd give up 100% completions when targeted?

Is that how that stat works?

Quote:Shut down is subjective. As I've said, he was giving up over 60% completions and over 100 passer rating when targeted the last I saw which was about week 10. It wasn't for a ton of yards or TDs, but it was a pretty good amount of targets and first downs allowed.

Allowing completions is fine at times though, sometimes the defense that is played calls foit but just keeping it in front of you and short of the 1st down marker.

Watching the games was pretty clear that he was playing very well.

Quote:When targeted? So if the QB looks the other way 59 times a game and targets Ramsey once for a completion - he'd give up 100% completions when targeted?

Is that how that stat works?
If you're pushing the definition to the max, yes. 

With Marlon Humphrey on the other side next year, teams will have nowhere to throw.