Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Maurice Drew Is Done

Mojo has been my Fav player since Freddy left. He definitely looks like a shell of himself. It's not surprising given his injuries.

But the o-line is opening up 0 holes for our RBs to run through. Barry Sanders couldn't run behing this line.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Well, then as I said 2 years ago...., he should have been dealt while he still had value. 
Reminds me of these ex NFLers predicting scores and winners each week. What does it matter? Further more,although Drew has lost a step or not recovered from his injury,

he's probably the most effective player on the roster. What little he has done, don't see anybody outperforming him. Just another reminder of what their running out on the field

now. The Jags have many more problems than Drew.

Quote:In other breaking news, water is wet.

You were probably saying that he looked like Jim Brown in training camp.  Your opinions mean absolutely nothing and you are wrong about 90% of the time.

Honestly, he was like this the year he won the rushing title. But he does look old and busted. Todman looks like that new hotness.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

if so they should him and get something out of it instead of just leting him go to free agents

Quote:if so they should him and get something out of it instead of just leting him go to free agents

yeah, they probably should him....

ice cream

Set my agents FREEEEE !!

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

I do think this is it for him as a Jaguar. The team is going to want to move on and honestly it looks like Mojo is ready for a scenery change too.

hey if he doesnt get a new contract at least his agents will be free  :teehee:  :woot:

Quote:if so they should him and get something out of it instead of just leting him go to free agents

Quote:yeah, they probably should him....

Laughing Laughing Laughing 

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2013, 08:13 PM by The Mad Dog.)

As for the topic at hand...

The Jags screwed this all up. The time to trade MoJo was 2-3 years ago...I said this then....but most of the fans around here were too "attached" to their player - being fanboys, that they failed to see the logic of getting value for MoJo while the team was on its ebb. 

Now, its too late. 

His value is practically nil. 

Hey, but the important thing is the "fans" got to see MoJo perform in a bunch of losses over the past several years, right? :confused:

Sometimes, the unpopular football decision is the wise decision. 

Mad dog, You have to realize that sometimes sacrificing ALL of the present will do more harm than good overall. Gene Smith knew he needed to win so he didn't trade him knowing MJD at the time was one of the top RB's. Say Jags end up with 2-3 wins the last 3-4 straight years because they traded all their talent? Gene Smith woulda likely failed on the picks and by now, fans would have had enough as to not buy tickets thus increasing chances of the team moving.

With that said, In normal cases, Yes it would have been a smart move to unload a star player who won't be in his prime when rebuilding ends.

The Rams could use MJD right now. Definitely an upgrade from Richardson.

Quote:As for the topic at hand...

The Jags screwed this all up. The time to trade MoJo was 2-3 years ago...I said this then....but most of the fans around here were too "attached" to their player - being fanboys, that they failed to see the logic of getting value for MoJo while the team was on its ebb. 

They didn't trade MJD because there were no reasonable offers for him.

Despite what the voices inside your head are telling you.

On topic, yes, this is probably his final year as a Jag.  I wish him a great year, and success at his next club.

He's history and If he doesn't put up some big numbers through the rest of this season, he's due for a surprise when he tests the market.  

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:As for the topic at hand...

Now, its too late. 

His value is practically nil. 

Hey, but the important thing is the "fans" got to see MoJo perform in a bunch of losses over the past several years, right? :confused:

Sometimes, the unpopular football decision is the wise decision. 
So, in other words, when Jones-Drew, Shorts, anybody are performing at their peak we should trade them.

Good plan.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Why do I always feel wrung out whenever I read these kinds of threads?

Quote:So, in other words, when Jones-Drew, Shorts, anybody are performing at their peak we should trade them.

Good plan.

In the right circumstance it is a good plan. With a position that ages and declines as quickly as the RB does year 6 is about the right time to start considering the move. With a third year WR? Heck no.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

It's the OLINE AND the QB, the LG/C/RG are LOST in this scheme.  MJD would be killing it on a team with an OLINE--our line REALLY is that bad!!!

Rackley is a joke.  On the goal line (the one time they ran it out of four, lol) he just sat down right in the run lane.  Literally, sat on his butt.  Someone tapped his shoulder pad and he just goes down.  Was a great play from the Guard from Lehigh

Gene's Myth