Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Maurice Drew Is Done

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2013, 06:37 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Stick a fork in him. 

He's slow/ sluggish has zero burst anymore and is a shred of his former self. 

Just as I predicted 3 years ago (when the knuckleheads of this board were predicting he'd wind up the better Jags all time RB than Fred Taylor), he would decline before 30. The style of RB he was caught up to him, as expected with the early demise. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2013, 06:41 PM by EricC85.)

Yea I have to agree with you on this one. I agreed back then he wouldn't surpass Fred Taylor and figured he'd hit the wall fast. Most backs with hit style his a brick wall out of no where and are never the same.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Lisfranc. Its usually takes a year to recover from the injury. He had surgery in February.

Go figure.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Lisfranc. Its usually takes a year to recover from the injury. He had surgery in February.

Go figure.

Yes, keep living in denial and thinking its all that. 

Maurice would be fine on any other team.

Quote:Maurice would be sub 4.0 ypc on any other team.

fixed

Quote:Maurice would be fine on any other team.
Perhaps, but he's done here. He's not the superstar he once was. I was in the small group that wanted to trade him last year, but It's to late now. We'll get nothing out of him now... Kind of like is his presence won't do anything to affect our games. 

The plus side is that once we get some decent guards that can zone block, we can plug an play just about any running back...

Quote:fixed

Based on what? Your guess?

You " predicted " this was going to happen... werent you one of the ones saying " Rashad Jennings is just as good as MJD, so we should cut him!" ?

Im sure hes over 4 yards a carry though.

Quote:Perhaps, but he's done here. He's not the superstar he once was. I was in the small group that wanted to trade him last year, but It's to late now. We'll get nothing out of him now... Kind of like is his presence won't do anything to affect our games.

The plus side is that once we get some decent guards that can zone block, we can plug an play just about any running back...

I 100% agree that hes done here, and that he isnt the superstar he used to be.

Im just not going to act like he is terrible when he is on the worst team, behind the worst interior linemen ive ever seen.

Quote:Based on what? 

Uh...the eye test. 

If you cannot easily see that this is a tired (as in tread on the tires) RB out there, you're blind,

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2013, 06:55 PM by MinistryMan2007.)

I probably would have tried to move him at the draft. I'd like to think someone would've taken a flyer on him being able to come back from the injury (a GB team that was RB starved, etc.). I think the injury is a part of it, a lack of a vertical passing game is a BIG part of it, and his age is catching up to him. It makes no sense to keep him on a team that is going young and on a roster that has been gutted and is obviously looking 2-3 years down the road. I don't see Caldwell resigning him, which means moving him and getting something now might not be a terrible way to go. 

Sad to see, though... It sure has been fun watching him bounce off of defenders for the last several years. 

Mojo is not what he used be, that's for sure.

However, I think he lacks motivation to play here i.e. he gets to run the ball up the middle play after play only to get gang tackled before he's at the line of scrimmage. Add that to the perennial losing and I think Mojo simply wants to move on and who could blame the guy? He's busted his butt running for tough yards carry after carry and all for what? Losing season after losing season.

Yeah he gets paid good money blah blah blah. In the end Mojo is a football player and one that the seasons of losing have beaten him down. I'm not saying Mojo is mailing it in but I don't think he's 100% in the game. Clearly regardless his better years are behind him but I think in a better offensive situation you'd see considerably better productivity and a different level of play.

I said it before and I'll say it again:the offense (and defense for that matter) does not have confidence in Blaine or Henne to lead this team and that effects the level of play from top to bottom.

Quote:I probably would have tried to move him at the draft. I'd like to think someone would've taken a flyer on him being able to come back from the injury (a GB team that was RB starved, etc.). I think the injury is a part of it, a lack of a vertical passing game is a BIG part of it, and his age is catching up to him. It makes no sense to keep him on a team that is going young and on a roster that has been gutted and is obviously looking 203 years down the road. I don't see Caldwell resigning him, which means moving him and getting something now might not be a terrible way to go. 

Sad to see, though... It sure has been fun watching him bounce off of defenders for the last several years. 

He should have been "moved" 2 years ago. But ownership (back then) listened to a lot of these clueless fans I suppose. 

It was clear by that time that by the time the Jags were going to be good again, Drew would likely be on the downside of his career. The Jags were rebuilding, you don't rebuild with a RB of his age. 

In other breaking news, water is wet.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2013, 07:00 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:In other breaking news, water is wet.

Well, then as I said 2 years ago...., he should have been dealt while he still had value. 

If we are going off what you said a few years ago then Dan lefevour will be taking us to the superbowl with a bit of help from Quentin Moses beastly pass rush.

He is kind of chubby.. he should lose some weight. 

Quote:Well, then as I said 2 years ago...., he should have been dealt while he still had value.
What exactly is " value" for MJD 2 years ago? His own team, in rebuilding, didnt want to extend him after the rushing title, what makes you think anyone else wanted to trade for him?

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2013, 07:07 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:If we are going off what you said a few years ago then Dan lefevour will be taking us to the superbowl with a bit of help from Quentin Moses beastly pass rush.

and Jamaal Charles/ Ray Rice at RB and Michael Griffin at FS, and Mallett/ Kaepernick at QB, and Calais Campbell at DE....,

Quote:What exactly is " value" for MJD 2 years ago? His own team, in rebuilding, didnt want to extend him after the rushing title, what makes you think anyone else wanted to trade for him?

Jags could have easily gotten a 2nd rounder, minimum for MoJo 2 years ago.....and should have taken it.