Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thibodeaux & Hutchinson

If Neal does dominate Hutchinson, or at least battle him to a draw, he'd have to be considered with the first pick. Hopefully they will face off.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-05-2021, 09:50 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 08:31 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I believe Hutchinson would expose Neal. I really believe he would make him look silly, just like he has every other top OT he has faced this season. Ojabo would have a career day against Alabama's RT. That guy got obliterated by Auburn's pass rushers last week. Against Ojabo, he wouldn't stand a chance.
I don't see that happening, I know you don't like Neal or any tackle with good size, we shall hopefully see.  Hutch hasn't played any tackle that's as good as Neal

Jaxson Kirkland of Washington and Nicholas Petit-Frere of Ohio State were both consistently mocked as mid first round picks, until Hutchinson destroyed them both. I believe whole heartedly that he would do the same to Neal. I don't think Neal is that much better than Cam Robinson.

(12-05-2021, 12:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 09:50 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I don't see that happening, I know you don't like Neal or any tackle with good size, we shall hopefully see.  Hutch hasn't played any tackle that's as good as Neal

Jaxson Kirkland of Washington and Nicholas Petit-Frere of Ohio State were both consistently mocked as mid first round picks, until Hutchinson destroyed them both. I believe whole heartedly that he would do the same to Neal. I don't think Neal is that much better than Cam Robinson.
Cam was never athletic or moved real good.  They're not on the same level as Neal.  Maybe we shall see

Neal is 10x more explosive than Cam.

(12-05-2021, 02:27 PM)Upper Wrote: Neal is 10x more explosive than Cam.

Yeah, Cam was a great college tackle but he was never a guy you looked at and seen any type of athleticism like Neal has and who is even bigger

If I had to pick between Thibodeaux and Hutchinson, I am currently leaning Hutchinson. He seems like a Bosa-clone and also seems to have a higher floor than Thibodeaux.

Hutchinson and Allen on the edges would be very nice.

(12-06-2021, 10:28 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: If I had to pick between Thibodeaux and Hutchinson, I am currently leaning Hutchinson. He seems like a Bosa-clone and also seems to have a higher floor than Thibodeaux.

Hutchinson and Allen on the edges would be very nice.

I'd be happy with either one, but Hutchinson is proving to be the more consistent player right now. I believe both will have very good NFL careers though.

I just hope we get to pick one of them.

Thibs is skipping his bowl game and preparing for the NFL draft right away.

(12-06-2021, 10:45 PM)Upper Wrote: Thibs is skipping his bowl game and preparing for the NFL draft right away.

No surprise. He's knows he's probably being selected #2 at worst. Once they lost the Pac-12 Championship, there is no reason to play some insignificant bowl game.

(12-06-2021, 10:45 PM)Upper Wrote: Thibs is skipping his bowl game and preparing for the NFL draft right away.

Cristobal jumped ship already, too, right? Don't blame anyone not in the tournament from sitting the consolation bowls out.

(12-07-2021, 10:50 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Cristobal jumped ship already, too, right? Don't blame anyone not in the tournament from sitting the consolation bowls out.
No top NFL prospect should ever play in a bowl game unless it's for a national title.

(10-24-2021, 07:40 PM)Upper Wrote: Countless players have switched sides in their careers, literally every team has a swing tackle that can play either one at a moments notice. It's not hard, it just takes some time. Sewell never got that time, and he was knocking off rust from skipping the covid season to begin with. If Decker had never gotten hurt Sewell would have taken some lumps at RT at first, but he would wind up being just as good there as he would be at LT I have no doubt.

Hey look, it actually is easy to switch...it just takes time especially after you have sat out an entire covid season. Sewell back to being dominant and at RT this time.

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1468240393984782339

I don't follow college ball. Is this Hutchinson vs Ohio State?

https://twitter.com/rivalsmike/status/14...8924558340

(12-11-2021, 05:35 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: I don't follow college ball. Is this Hutchinson vs Ohio State?

Yes.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(12-11-2021, 05:35 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: I don't follow college ball. Is this Hutchinson vs Ohio State?

To be fair, that is Thayer Munford he is destroying. Munford is terrible. He was so bad at OT, they moved him inside to OG and he is only used at OT when there is an injury to the starting OT's. That was one of the worst jobs blocking I have ever seen. Terrible footwork and no balance what so ever. He was just a speed bump.

Ok, I understand.

Is it safe to assume that the Lions will take Hutchinson if they have the chance?

(12-11-2021, 06:45 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Ok, I understand.

Is it safe to assume that the Lions will take Hutchinson if they have the chance?

I think at this point, it's pretty safe to assume the Lions should take him #1, meaning we would get Kayvon Thibodeaux at #2. That's a pretty great consolation prize.

Afraid we gotta shelve hopes for Hutch or Thibs. Trevor needs so much help the first 4 picks need to be the best offensive players available at those spots. I hate the idea of drafting for need over BAP but things are That bad on offense. AND I don't think Neal is an elite level LT (unless he play two playoff games and wipes the floor with the passrushers at Cincy and Michigan) So WR with 1st pick

(12-12-2021, 05:44 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: Afraid we gotta shelve hopes for Hutch or Thibs. Trevor needs so much help the first 4 picks need to be the best offensive players available at those spots. I hate the idea of drafting for need over BAP but things are That bad on offense. AND I don't think Neal is an elite level LT (unless he play two playoff games and wipes the floor with the passrushers at Cincy and Michigan) So WR with 1st pick

I just can't do that. We have to take BAP and the only 2 truly elite players in this draft are Hutchinson and Thibodeaux. The only way I'm trading down is for Jameson Williams and I'm gonna want a lot in return for missing out on one of the two best players in the draft. Like a "king's ransom." We wouldn't be in this situation if Khan would've been smart and hired real NFL people to run this franchise in the first place. Instead, he got a popular college coach with no idea how the NFL works or how to treat grown men and a "yes man" GM who ran a good 49'ers team into the ground with his boneheaded moves. A lot of people on this board saw it coming when they were hired and now the fans are paying for it. 

We gotta be smart about this draft. It's gonna be a painfully slow process. There is not gonna be any quick fixes at all and the current regime probably set us back another 2-3 years, no matter what we do. We gotta take the BAP and rebuild this thing piece by piece, because right now, it's almost a total teardown. I honestly don't think well even be competitive until 2025 at the earliest. It's that bad. Unfortunately, this team's reputation is completely destroyed, so we can't rely on free agency to help us out. It's gonna have to be done almost exclusively via the draft.