Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thibodeaux & Hutchinson

So it’s looking like we’re going to be drafting in the top 5 this year. Pass rush seems to be a bit of a strain for us this year. So when looking at prospect throughout the college season, two names we need to keep an eye on is obviously Kayvon Thibodeaux and Aidan Hutchinson. We get the top pick, we go Thibodeaux no question. We land in the top 5, we they’re both within that range. KT has been everyone’s top prospect this year and Aidan Hutchinson is a fast riser and is settling into a lot of people’s top 5. Even before the season, Hutchinson landed #2 on Bruce Feldman’s athletic freak list.

What do you think of this year’s top edge guys?

Note: We really should have a “NFL Draft” board on Duval Pride.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Why could I see Urban refusing to draft any Michigan players?

(10-02-2021, 09:17 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Why could I see Urban refusing to draft any Michigan players?
Hahaha feels like a possibility. But you know it’ll be something like”I coached against him. Boy, game planning against him was tough. I recruited him in high school. He’s a maniacal competitor”

*should note that I don’t know when Aidan came to college or when Urban stopped coaching at OSU. It’s just a joke

Adam Anderson is another good pass rusher in this class. Big number 99 on that Georgia defense is a beast too

(10-04-2021, 09:34 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Adam Anderson is another good pass rusher in this class.  Big number 99 on that Georgia defense is a beast too

I'm a fan of a few players on the front 7 of the Georgia defense this year like Anderson, Quay Walker, Nakobe Dean, and Jordan Davis (big number 99).

Seems like it will be hard to screw up this pick. Thibs, Stingley, Neal, Hutchinson, or Hamilton. Done.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2021, 05:54 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-04-2021, 09:34 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Adam Anderson is another good pass rusher in this class.  Big number 99 on that Georgia defense is a beast too

Anderson is really intriguing. That guy impresses me more and more as I watch him play.

(10-04-2021, 10:30 AM)Upper Wrote: Seems like it will be hard to screw up this pick. Thibs, Stingley, Neal, Hutchinson, or Hamilton. Done.

I'm still not sold on Neal at all. Based upon what I have seen, the only O-Linemen I'd be comfortable drafting in round 1 are either Darian Kinnard of Kentucky or Ikem Ekwonu of North Carolina State and I think I'd move both of them inside to OG. I really like both of them as OG prospects. Both are solid pass protectors, but excel at run blocking.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2021, 02:20 AM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-04-2021, 05:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Anderson is really intriguing. That guy impresses me more and more as I watch him play.

(10-04-2021, 10:30 AM)Upper Wrote: Seems like it will be hard to screw up this pick. Thibs, Stingley, Neal, Hutchinson, or Hamilton. Done.

I'm still not sold on Neal at all. Based upon what I have seen, the only O-Linemen I'd be comfortable drafting in round 1 are either Darian Kinnard of Kentucky or Ikem Ekwonu of North Carolina State and I think I'd move both of them inside to OG. I really like both of them as OG prospects. Both are solid pass protectors, but excel at run blocking.
I am not sold on Neal's pass protection yet.

However I will say this much for him:  he is a much better run blocker than Cam Robinson was there.

Cam Robinson seemed like a wall off/position type blocker.  That style can be effective and may have been what he was asked to do.

But I watch Neal run block, he gets movement.  He blows his guy off the ball.

As for Thibodeaux v. Hutchinson, I;ve a feeling the team would prefer Thibodeaux.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I'm sorry but if we have the #1 pick and theres any QB on the board that a team would trade a fortune for i'm hoping out of #1 fast. This isn't a knock on Kayvon he looks like a monster but we're not one pass rusher away from being a contender. I also stand to believe we'd get anywhere from 3-5 first round picks for the #1 pick in almost any draft outside of the luke joeckel year.

If a team could give us 3-5 firsts and a few 2nds/3rds i'm taking that over one guy..

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2021, 09:02 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(10-09-2021, 05:33 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I'm sorry but if we have the #1 pick and theres any QB on the board that a team would trade a fortune for i'm hoping out of #1 fast. This isn't a knock on Kayvon he looks like a monster but we're not one pass rusher away from being a contender. I also stand to believe we'd get anywhere from 3-5 first round picks for the #1 pick in almost any draft outside of the luke joeckel year.

If a team could give us 3-5 firsts and a few 2nds/3rds i'm taking that over one guy..

It doesn't really matter, we've had multiple first round picks recently and we squandered them away with bad choices.

(10-09-2021, 09:02 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-09-2021, 05:33 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I'm sorry but if we have the #1 pick and theres any QB on the board that a team would trade a fortune for i'm hoping out of #1 fast. This isn't a knock on Kayvon he looks like a monster but we're not one pass rusher away from being a contender. I also stand to believe we'd get anywhere from 3-5 first round picks for the #1 pick in almost any draft outside of the luke joeckel year.

It doesn't really matter, we've had multiple first round picks recently and we squandered them away with bad choices.

I, too, have considered/hoped for trading back for a ton of picks.

But given the aftermath of the Jalen Ramsey and Yannick Ngakoue deals, the parallel I draw is to the L.A. Rams post Eric Dickerson trade. 

Granted, we didn't get nearly as much back in trade compensation as the Rams did after trading Dickerson, but thus far, the net effect is similarly disastrous.

They went from a team that played in the conference championship in 1989 to being the among the worst teams in football by 1991.  They did so by blowing every single pick they got from that trade.  They had their own picks, and blew them too (Bill Hawkins, anyone?)

Quote:TRADED
Eric Dickerson, RB
RECEIVED
Greg Bell, RB
Owen Gill, RB
Buffalo No. 1 – 1988 (Gaston Green, RB, 14th overall)
Indianapolis No. 1 – 1988 (Aaron Cox, WR, 20th overall)
Indianapolis No. 2 – 1988 (Fred Strickland, LB, 47th overall)
Buffalo No. 1 – 1989 (Cleveland Gary, RB, 26th overall)
Indianapolis No. 2 – 1989 (Frank Stams, LB, 45th overall)
Buffalo No. 2 – 1989 (Darryl Henley, DB, 53rd overall)

https://www.profootballhof.com/football-...-or-trade/

What did we get after trading Ramsey and Ngakoue?

Rams 1st round pick in 2020-K'Lavon Chaisson (bust)
Rams 1st round pick in 2021-RB Travis Etienne (injured-out for the year-guaranteed zero impact until 2022 at the earliest.)
Rams 4th round pick in 2021-OLB Jordan Smith (inactive the entire year so far)
Vikings' 2nd round pick in 2021-T Walker Little (Has not been active; may be active this weekend due to the Cann injury)
Vikings 5th round pick in 2022-???

We blew our own first rounder too (C.J. Henderson).

We also let key contributors like Calais Campbell, Leonard Fournette, and Allen Robinson walk...jut like the rams let RB Jerome Bettis and Kevin Greene end up in Pittsburgh when they wanted new deals.

I can feel the nausea having typed this.

Like ChrisJagboy, my inclination is to have this team trade back and get a boatload of picks.  If nothing else, it gives at least some hope of extra bites out of the apple.  But It will be of zero use to us whatsoever if we botch the picks as we clearly have done the last two drafts.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2021, 03:39 PM by SeldomRite. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-09-2021, 09:30 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-09-2021, 09:02 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: It doesn't really matter, we've had multiple first round picks recently and we squandered them away with bad choices.

I, too, have considered/hoped for trading back for a ton of picks.

But given the aftermath of the Jalen Ramsey and Yannick Ngakoue deals, the parallel I draw is to the L.A. Rams post Eric Dickerson trade. 

Granted, we didn't get nearly as much back in trade compensation as the Rams did after trading Dickerson, but thus far, the net effect is similarly disastrous.

They went from a team that played in the conference championship in 1989 to being the among the worst teams in football by 1991.  They did so by blowing every single pick they got from that trade.  They had their own picks, and blew them too (Bill Hawkins, anyone?)

Quote:TRADED
Eric Dickerson, RB
RECEIVED
Greg Bell, RB
Owen Gill, RB
Buffalo No. 1 – 1988 (Gaston Green, RB, 14th overall)
Indianapolis No. 1 – 1988 (Aaron Cox, WR, 20th overall)
Indianapolis No. 2 – 1988 (Fred Strickland, LB, 47th overall)
Buffalo No. 1 – 1989 (Cleveland Gary, RB, 26th overall)
Indianapolis No. 2 – 1989 (Frank Stams, LB, 45th overall)
Buffalo No. 2 – 1989 (Darryl Henley, DB, 53rd overall)

https://www.profootballhof.com/football-...-or-trade/

What did we get after trading Ramsey and Ngakoue?

Rams 1st round pick in 2020-K'Lavon Chaisson (bust)
Rams 1st round pick in 2021-RB Travis Etienne (injured-out for the year-guaranteed zero impact until 2022 at the earliest.)
Rams 4th round pick in 2021-OLB Jordan Smith (inactive the entire year so far)
Vikings' 2nd round pick in 2021-T Walker Little (Has not been active; may be active this weekend due to the Cann injury)
Vikings 5th round pick in 2022-???

We blew our own first rounder too (C.J. Henderson).

We also let key contributors like Calais Campbell, Leonard Fournette, and Allen Robinson walk...jut like the rams let RB Jerome Bettis and Kevin Greene end up in Pittsburgh when they wanted new deals.

I can feel the nausea having typed this.

Like ChrisJagboy, my inclination is to have this team trade back and get a boatload of picks.  If nothing else, it gives at least some hope of extra bites out of the apple.  But It will be of zero use to us whatsoever if we botch the picks as we clearly have done the last two drafts.

Knowing what the Jaguars have done in the draft for the last decade I can almost understand why Khan hired a smug and self assured idiot to run the draft. It's probably the same kind of attitude that makes people vote for people who use phrases like, "career politician" as an insult, and act like their cluelessness about government is an advantage.

Sadly the solution to replacing someone that said they know something but turned out not to know that thing isn't to hire someone that admits to knowing nothing, but is convinced the subject they are clueless about must be easy. The solution is to hire someone better than the guy you have to get rid of.

It's sad that Meyer's first draft might be as bad as Caldwell's if it wasn't for the no brainer pick at number one.

I just pray Khan pays attention to the sniggering behind his back from everyone in the NFL and doesn't wait years too long to try to correct the latest mistake.

Will be watching Thibodeaux play tonight against Cal.

Unfortunately he's out for the first half because of a targeting penalty last week.

Lets see if he creates havoc for a half of football.

So far through midway through the 3rd quarter, Kayvon has been causing consistent pressure and forcing early throws by the Cal QB. He is very effective rushing the passer from the edge, on a stunt and also setting the edge on RPO's. Furthermore, he caused the Cal left tackle to commit a blatant holding penalty on a QB scramble play where his speed to close down the angle was evident.

Since his entrance in the second half, he's commanded a shift in the offensive line allowing for favorable 1-on-1's for his teammates along the line. The Oregon defensive coordinator had him drop back on a play and synonymous with our beloved Josh Allen and Jags scheme at times, it was not the best use of his skills.

He is very fast and fluid for his size - and his usage of hands is impressive. Just watching him for a couple of drives really has demonstrated that this kid is as talented as most pundits predict.

https://twitter.com/TPortalCFB/status/14...09984?s=20

Held on the play and he still makes the sack.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2021, 01:46 AM by enigma. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://twitter.com/FTBVids_YT/status/14...46433?s=20

He's just a bully...

Okay, I just saw Kayvon and I’m way more than sold

(10-16-2021, 02:01 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: Okay, I just saw Kayvon and I’m way more than sold

We're gonna have to lock up the #1 overall pick to get him.

So far, we're well on our way in doing so lol.

If we get number 1 overall you take thibs and walk away. If we had a competent front office all those picks would sound nice but I have no faith in our making the right choices. Just take the slam dunk.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2021, 05:57 AM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

I'm gonna amend what I said about trading down. I still wanna do it, unless Kayvon Thibodeaux is on the board when we pick. I got a chance to see him tonight and that kid is special. He only played a half and he was dominant. He was blowing passed the Cal OT before he even got out of his stance. The OT got called for multiple holding calls, because the only chance he had was to grab Thibodeaux and tackle him to the ground. They even lined up 258 lb. Thibodeaux at 3 technique on a couple of plays and he cut through the OG and Center like they were a homecoming banner at a high school football game. This kid could be key to changing our defense. I really hope he is there when we pick, but it's a long season and I don't trust this regime to even get that pick right.