Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Settle down pitchfork and torch crowd. Meyer isn't going anywhere for the near future

(11-15-2021, 05:10 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Nah Wolf you got it wrong.  I agree with Meyer that this team showed grit by coming back from that deficit.  This Defense played great but the offense stayed in it's stagnant form.  It was looking like a blowout but this team fought to get back into the game.  If the offense was just average we probably would of won it.

reread my post. i didn't say i diagreed with myers comments yesterday.  I said i was pleased with that.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-15-2021, 05:50 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: The problem with blaming Bevell is this; yes, I agree he is responsible for offensive woes, at least many of them. But that comes back on Urban. He can’t keep standing on the sidelines no pun intended, and being hands off. The buck stops with him. If he knows bevell is misusing talent, not fitting schemes to players, over utilizing Hyde and painfully misusing Robinson, etc then he needs to step in. There are three reasons he isn’t and all of them are painful to contemplate:

1. Urban is loyal to a fault, similar to Marrone, and hangs on to dead weight coaches
2. Urban doesn’t realize how terrible the scheming and play calls are and therefore woefully out of touch and / or not filled with football acumen like we’re led to believe.
3. Urban knows this but won’t step in and prefers to let him take the fall.
4. BONUS round: Urban thinks everything is great with Bevell, no need for changes or taking over play calling duties.

It's a whole lot of #2.

He is out of touch when it comes to scheming and game planning. Hes never been a X's and O's coach. He was an elite recruiter and could tell 17/18 year olds and their families what they wanted to hear.

He has always put all the responsibility on his coaches to get the players prepared and coached up. He doesn't do it, he's just a talker.

He always had the advantage of having the most talent on the field. His biggest worries on game days would be wondering if they'd win by 40 or 50 on that given Saturday. All he did was show up.

Now that he doesn't have the massive talent advantage in the NFL, all this is becoming blatantly clear.

I understand as fans we all want to win now and we all question why or wasn’t done in the off season, but Trent and urban both said they’d spend to the cap over a 3 year period, so maybe they looked at the situation and thought realistically Trevor wouldn’t be ready to win the division until year 3 so they’re saving up cap space to roll over for that year. Again I understand as fans it’s not ideal and we all want to win now. But I remember pre season and the talk of the spending to cap over 3 years and it said to me year 3 is there year to really make a run at winning the division

The jags almost pulled this game out. Hopefully the team trends up and up. A lot of football still left this season

When evaluating Urban, this year, win/loss is not relevant for me.

I want to see if the players he's brought in are getting better.

Trevor has regressed. That's a big, big negative in my book. One or two extra wins compared to 2020 doesn't mean much if our franchise QB is regressing.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

What does Urban add? What is the +1 we get from having him? Every time he steps to the mic, it's platitudinous blarney. He is not X's and O's. He's not good at talent evaluation. He hired a good DC, but a terrible OC and staff. Again, what does he add to this team?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(11-15-2021, 05:50 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: The problem with blaming Bevell is this; yes, I agree he is responsible for offensive woes, at least many of them. But that comes back on Urban. He can’t keep standing on the sidelines no pun intended, and being hands off. The buck stops with him. If he knows bevell is misusing talent, not fitting schemes to players, over utilizing Hyde and painfully misusing Robinson, etc then he needs to step in. There are three reasons he isn’t and all of them are painful to contemplate:

1. Urban is loyal to a fault, similar to Marrone, and hangs on to dead weight coaches
2. Urban doesn’t realize how terrible the scheming and play calls are and therefore woefully out of touch and / or not filled with football acumen like we’re led to believe.
3. Urban knows this but won’t step in and prefers to let him take the fall.
4. BONUS round: Urban thinks everything is great with Bevell, no need for changes or taking over play calling duties.

How about 5. He is meddling in the offense already and is causing some of the issues. Perhaps Bevell prefers Robinson, but Meyer is pushing for his guy. Perhaps Meyer is the one concerned about sneaking his QB. I don’t know of course. He just screams control freak that won’t own the results. Just about the worst combo for a leader.

On a positive note, kudos for the work on defense to whoever figured that out!

(11-16-2021, 07:24 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: What does Urban add?  What is the +1 we get from having him?  Every time he steps to the mic, it's platitudinous blarney.  He is not X's and O's.  He's not good at talent evaluation.  He hired a good DC, but a terrible OC and staff.  Again, what does he add to this team?

We are gonna get all the krootz next offseason. You watch, rivals.com will have us at the top of the charts. Bama can suck it!

(11-16-2021, 10:45 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 07:24 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: What does Urban add?  What is the +1 we get from having him?  Every time he steps to the mic, it's platitudinous blarney.  He is not X's and O's.  He's not good at talent evaluation.  He hired a good DC, but a terrible OC and staff.  Again, what does he add to this team?

We are gonna get all the krootz next offseason. You watch, rivals.com will have us at the top of the charts. Bama can suck it!

If the football gods don’t hate us, he’ll jump ship to USC.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(11-16-2021, 10:58 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 10:45 AM)Mikey Wrote: We are gonna get all the krootz next offseason. You watch, rivals.com will have us at the top of the charts. Bama can suck it!

If the football gods don’t hate us, he’ll jump ship to USC.

So you're saying he's here forever?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-15-2021, 03:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 03:27 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Competent front offices learn from the first time they took a flyer on a first time head coach. The fail is so epic with this franchise. Did Urbz even have stated goals or a plan? At least in the ice cream truck days the idea was to do a full rebuild and pick a side and give the other side a chance to develop. I just have no idea what is going on with this pitiful franchise. It is so hard being a fan of this team sometimes.

It is easy to laser lock on wins as the measure of success and they are nice but 10 games into the NFL season where is any indicator that future success is coming? That is the crushing part of yet another bad rebuild is the lack of something to show a future.

Lack of building blocks is a major issue for the current regime. 

Having the QB of the future puts them in better standing than half of the league, but looking around the rest of the roster, things get bleak quickly. 

There are needs or impending loss of starters at so many positions it's crazy.
And the scary part is how they already failed at addressing some of them in year one and will have to double down on the same spots next year. 

They botched CB, they botched LB, they were too content on OL, they can't figure out safety but may actually have the horses if they get their heads from their butts , they did too little at WR, and they completely [BLEEP] the bed at TE royally.

^^ All of that makes me so sad. Darn it... I can't quit you Jaguars.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Hopefully this is the first signs of Urban getting the [BLEEP] away from this franchise..
https://twitter.com/AnwarRichardson/stat...3442343937

Anyone still wants to defend these 2 clowns (Baalke and Meyer)?
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

I was previously ambivalent about Meyer. I wasn't a defender, but was in the 'wait and see' camp. This game has convinced me he is the wrong decision. This team absolutely lacks discipline. The stupid penalties keep piling up and piling up. While the defense was improving, the offense has actually regressed. Lawrence is too precious of a commodity to squander to this experiment. It's clear the team is directionless with no hope of finding any.

Take the L and the financial loss, Shad Khan, and start the process now of looking for another HC next season.

(11-21-2021, 04:24 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I was previously ambivalent about Meyer. I wasn't a defender, but was in the 'wait and see' camp. This game has convinced me he is the wrong decision. This team absolutely lacks discipline. The stupid penalties keep piling up and piling up. While the defense was improving, the offense has actually regressed. Lawrence is too precious of a commodity to squander to this experiment. It's clear the team is directionless with no hope of finding any.

Take the L and the financial loss, Shad Khan, and start the process now of looking for another HC next season.

I don't think the money will be a factor, but more so Khan coming out and screaming that "I got it right this time" with the Urban hire. His ego is probably too big to admit he was wrong this fast, which is terrible for us.

The second Shad said he wanted to build the franchise in a HC centric way I knew it was doomed. It was obvious he was targeting Meyer, but it wouldn't have mattered who he got.

(11-21-2021, 04:34 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 04:24 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I was previously ambivalent about Meyer. I wasn't a defender, but was in the 'wait and see' camp. This game has convinced me he is the wrong decision. This team absolutely lacks discipline. The stupid penalties keep piling up and piling up. While the defense was improving, the offense has actually regressed. Lawrence is too precious of a commodity to squander to this experiment. It's clear the team is directionless with no hope of finding any.

I don't think the money will be a factor, but more so Khan coming out and screaming that "I got it right this time" with the Urban hire. His ego is probably too big to admit he was wrong this fast, which is terrible for us.

Yep this will be an issue because Khan has an ego and he's said he made the right choice and it will likely be hard for him to eat crow. Best thing is for Meyer to resign and hopefully that will give him a rationale for dumping Baalke too.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Getting rid of Bevell wouldn't be a bad idea, either. He's turrible.

I think we all were wait and see, but most of us were tending to the pessimistic side of the spectrum.

Sadly, I'm skeptical that even if we sever ties, that the same decision makers are going to keep making poor choices and we won't be able to escape the vortex sucking this team down the drain.

Someone needs to find a monkey's paw and burn all their wishes on good hires, draft picks and injury protections.

Again, what the hell does this guy actually do on this team besides talk into a mic? It's always on/up to everybody else and never him. Get rid of this jack [BLEEP] already jesus christ.
https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...5860767756