Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Settle down pitchfork and torch crowd. Meyer isn't going anywhere for the near future

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2021, 08:29 PM by jaguarmvp. Edited 1 time in total.)

First of all, I would like to say that Urban does deserve a ton of criticism.  He has made numerous poor choices since taken over as head coach.  Yes the record is bad and yes the team has looked ill prepared at times.

With all that being said...

-We are 1-5 but you have to look at the situation.  This is  1-15 team starting a rookie QB along with a rookie Head coach learning the ropes.   We have lost 3 of those games against good teams: The (4-2) Titans, (4-2) Bengals, The (6-0) cardianls.  This was pegged as the easy part of the schedule before the season but it has not been.

-Khan has a massive investment in Meyer.  Aside from the monster contract Khan is building a multi million dollar new practice/training facility on Urban's request.  I think Khan understood this isn't gong to be a quick turnaround while also building a whole new football program. 

-Is 6 games really enough to judge?  3 time Superbowl winner Jimmy Johnson went 1-15 his first season.  I or anyone else does not know if Urban will build a successful team.  We gave the horrible Dave Caldwell 8 years.  Way too early either way.

-I do not seen Meyer walking away on his own:  His legacy is at stake.(along with millions of dollars)  Some people keep calling for him to step down but really do not see it happening.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Jaguars/comment...&context=3
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

LOL
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

LOL

[Image: giphy.gif]

Personally, I'm more of a tar and feather kind-of guy, but to each his own. 

Meyer and Baalke have a LLLOOOONNNGGGGG way to go to earn anything but skepticism from me.  
Horrible start. One might even say....

wait for it...

they've looked "horrendous"

Good post. I agree. Buckle up and enjoy the ride. Way too early to judge. Let's gets some wins

I agree it's to early to make a definitive judgement. Let the season play out. But you have to admit that other than Lawrence, there's not much cause for optimism at this point.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

This needed its own thread, great call.

(10-22-2021, 08:01 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: This needed its own thread, great call.

Your name fits
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(10-22-2021, 08:27 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(10-22-2021, 08:01 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: This needed its own thread, great call.

Your name fits

In this case he's the blind squirrel.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-22-2021, 06:55 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: First of all, I would like to say that Urban does deserve a ton of criticism.  He has made numerous poor choices since taken over as head coach.  Yes the record is bad and yes the team has looked ill prepared at times.

With all that being said...

-We are 1-5 but you have to look at the situation.  This is  1-15 team starting a rookie QB along with a rookie Head coach learning the ropes.   We have lost 3 of those games against good teams: The (4-2) Titans, (4-2) Bengals, The (6-0) cardianls.  This was pegged as the easy part of the schedule before the season but it has not been.

-Khan has a massive investment in Meyer.  Aside from the monster contract Khan is building a multi million dollar new practice/training facility on Urban's request.  I think Khan understood this isn't gong to be a quick turnaround while also building a whole new football program. 

-Is 6 games really enough to judge?  3 time Superbowl winner Jimmy Johnson went 1-15 his first season.  I or anyone else does not know if Urban will build a successful team.  We gave the horrible Dave Caldwell 8 years.  Way too early either way.

-I do not seen Meyer walking away on his own:  His legacy is at stake.(along with millions of dollars)  Some people keep calling for him to step down but really do not see it happening.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Jaguars/comment...&context=3

I think you are correct.  Khan isn't going to fire him any time soon, and Meyer certainly isn't going to step down at this point.

OP upvoted.

I just find the body of the post, and the poster's tagline a tad ironic.

Eh?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Just keep winning baby!

Will he be fired this season? No, barring another off the field gaff or complete on the field regression. The financial and social bullet Khan would have to bite is too much.

Should he be fired after the season? In my opinion yes. He has not demonstrated good leadership and his team has looked poorly prepared for several games. He demonstrates questionable strategy during games. I also believe that a head coach should not control personnel moves. So the overall setup was probably doomed from the start. This is backed up by the terrible draft class performance to this point (even accounting for injury).

It is what it is, I hope Khan does not allow the experiment to continue passed next year if we don’t see results.

Lol. Six games in and the opinion is in.

What comes to my mind is he didn't make halftime adjustments in some games that we could've won, we were outright embarrassed the first game this season that had everyone thinking the texans were the laughing stock of the league, he thought Tebow should be worth trying out even though he hasn't been playing football for a while(wasted roster spot), been investigated by the NFLPA already, and the other thing we all know about...

Still a lot of football left this season, I believe he can change things around but it has to start now with all the drama so far

(10-23-2021, 09:06 AM)Bruuval Wrote: Lol. Six games in and the opinion is in.

He's been making (bad) decisions for this franchise for 8 months. 

It's not just the 6 games.

(10-23-2021, 09:26 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 09:06 AM)Bruuval Wrote: Lol. Six games in and the opinion is in.

He's been making (bad) decisions for this franchise for 8 months. 

It's not just the 6 games.

Its only been 25 bone headed embarrassing decisions so far, why not see how it turns out? At worst we waste a generational quarterback and remain the laughingstock of the League, and at best we show "progress."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Do I want Meyer gone after seeing him make poor decisions week after week? Yes. Is it going to happen anytime soon? No. As I said before, this team could end the season 1-16 and Khan is still gonna give Meyer at least, 2 full years. The only way he gets fired before that, is if he commits a felony. Like it or not, we're stuck with him for a while, so we better just get used to it.

I'm afraid O-Line is right... Khan will give him a second year even if this year is a "flop".
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson