Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 1 games

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2023, 10:57 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

I saw/heard Bortles name mentioned somewhere earlier. Lol. That would be something.

EDIT: It was a tweet by Mia, probably made in J-E-S-T Jest! Jest! Jest!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2023, 11:04 AM by Cleatwood.)

(09-11-2023, 09:50 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-11-2023, 09:42 PM)Eric1 Wrote: As they just said during half time, movement in the calf is typically a sign of a popped Achilles.

He wouldn't be putting weight on that foot if it was an Achilles. I dont know. Hopefully he isn't injured badly. It looked like a flop to me.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1701611717607002347?s=20

Guess it wasn't a flop lol

(09-12-2023, 11:04 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-11-2023, 09:50 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: He wouldn't be putting weight on that foot if it was an Achilles. I dont know. Hopefully he isn't injured badly. It looked like a flop to me.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1701611717607002347?s=20

Guess it wasn't a flop lol

Let’s check the replay:

[Image: giphy.gif]

I would call Tom Brady if I were the Jets.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Super unfortunate. Now the jets are going to have to wait 16 years for Jordan love to turn 40 so they can trade for him.

(09-12-2023, 11:35 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I would call Tom Brady if I were the Jets.

If I were the Jets, I'd steal Nathan Rourke from the Jags. 

I hope they don't, but it's what I'd do.
I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Thought I heard a rumor that he can't play for them because he's a minority owner of the Raiders.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2023, 01:53 PM by Caldrac.)

(09-12-2023, 01:38 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote:

If I were the Jets, I'd steal Nathan Rourke from the Jags. 

It's always a possibility. I wouldn't rule out maybe a surprise deal with Trey Lance with Dallas and New York. If Wilson continues to struggle. Who else can you really trade for at QB? You were in win now mode when you made that deal with Rodgers. 

(09-12-2023, 01:41 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Thought I heard a rumor that he can't play for them because he's a minority owner of the Raiders.

That would make sense. Are there any potential legal loop holes he could use to get out that though temporarily?

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

https://twitter.com/jasrifootball/status...r5bVg&s=19

But, it was Hackett. Your OC from GB.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Some are blaming the artificial turf for the Rodgers injury.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nfl-playe...ver-people

(09-12-2023, 04:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Some are blaming the artificial turf for the Rodgers injury.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nfl-playe...ver-people

Yeah I saw several players on Twitter comment on it.  I never see any player defend turf so I would presume that the vast majority of players either don't like turf or are indifferent about it.  With star players getting injured, you'd think the league and team ownership might see the wisdom on enforcing grass only fields.

I also saw someone on twitter mention that the Giants/Jets stadium is swapped out for grass when they host soccer matches, but for a game such as football where someone is tackled the ground on almost every play, you want them to play on a significantly harder surface?  Doesn't make any sense.

The Hard Knocks curse

I really hope Rodgers has a good a fast recovery and comes back for at least 1 more year. I know there are a lot of Rodgers hater on here but he is one of the best ever and seems like a good dude.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2023, 09:58 PM by Jag149.)

While not necessarily a fan of Rodgers due to his pre game antics trying to draw off sides, lifting his leg so hard he leaves the ground. I do not wish anyone to go out like that and yea he is one of the best.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

The doctors may have told Rodgers that he has a torn Achilles, but I encourage him to do his own research.

(09-13-2023, 08:47 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: The doctors may have told Rodgers that he has a torn Achilles, but I encourage him to do his own research.

You can’t mask that shot.

(09-13-2023, 10:08 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-13-2023, 08:47 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: The doctors may have told Rodgers that he has a torn Achilles, but I encourage him to do his own research.

You can’t mask that shot.

[Image: F51QgrXbAAA9W-6?format=jpg&name=medium]

(09-12-2023, 10:18 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I saw/heard Bortles name mentioned somewhere earlier.  Lol.  That would be something.

EDIT: It was a tweet by Mia, probably made in J-E-S-T Jest! Jest! Jest!

Nice joke, dad

But, I will say this - Bort does have familiarity with Hackett, and would probably be ok with remaining in the supporting role. Sounds like Saleh is rolling with Wilson, at least while the microphones are live.

(09-12-2023, 01:53 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-12-2023, 01:38 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: If I were the Jets, I'd steal Nathan Rourke from the Jags. 

It's always a possibility. I wouldn't rule out maybe a surprise deal with Trey Lance with Dallas and New York. If Wilson continues to struggle. Who else can you really trade for at QB? You were in win now mode when you made that deal with Rodgers. 

(09-12-2023, 01:41 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Thought I heard a rumor that he can't play for them because he's a minority owner of the Raiders.

That would make sense. Are there any potential legal loop holes he could use to get out that though temporarily?

Brady's son suddenly owns 10% of the Raiders!! Ninja 

I think win-now and trade for player are too steep of standards to put that level of trust into the unproven Lance. If that's the course they plan to take, just eat it and let Wilson stink in their stead.

It will be very interesting over the next few weeks to see how A. A. Ron takes to the sideline - I've never seen him as a mentor/guide personality. Does he serve any purpose to the team while Wilson (or whoever they opt for) attempts to keep the ship afloat?

(09-12-2023, 05:16 PM)jaglyn Wrote: The Hard Knocks curse

The Jest were cursed long before Hard Knocks was even a thing.