Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags should trade AR15 to New England.

Quote:You really think the Pats would waste a 1st rounder on Robinson? The book is out on him. He's slow, can't seperate, and can't handle when DBs get physical with him. He was whining for flags all year. Let's not even get into the fact that he has terrible hands. The dude is a one trick pony. He can jump high and sometimes he gets lucky and comes dowb with one of Biff's wobbly duck throws. Happened alot less in 2016 and you saw the numbers decline.

Robinson is not a #1 WR, teams don't fear a slow, mentally weak, drop prone WR. This is all on tape, Belicheck won't be fleeced.

You're right, but Ill admit its wishful thinking on my part. AR15 is vastly overrated by Jags fans. He's above average when he tries. But he's a lazy, sloppy route runner and his one niche is jumping high and body catching. Its arrogance to think that would work time and time again as if teams don't adjust or assuming other players aren't as athletic and can time the jump better then him self. Could you imagine AR telling Brady "just throw it up"? Brady would probably bark at him to run a precise route and get with the program. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's astounding how many morons continue giving credence to this false "drop prone" narrative with Robinson, LOL. 

In 2014 he dropped one pass. In 2015 he dropped 5.  He had 4 drops in 2016.   (only 3 according to some statisticians)

All while compiling 2800 yards receiving and 22 TDs. 

It's one of the dumbest things floated around here by the lowest common denominator segment of the MB. 

Quote:It's astounding how many morons continue giving credence to this false "drop prone" narrative with Robinson, LOL.

In 2014 he dropped one pass. In 2015 he dropped 5. He had 4 drops in 2016. (only 3 according to some statisticians)

All while compiling 2800 yards receiving and 22 TDs.

It's one of the dumbest things floated around here by the lowest common denominator segment of the MB.

Totally agree. Yet those same people have a love obsession with Lee who on he's own caused at least 3 Ints by knocking the ball in the air and had a pretty average season.

All of our WRs were affected by poor QB play.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Quote:Says the guy that is making threads about how he wants Romo to join the Jags. Haha too funny. Maybe you should go outside.
Romo is much more logically sound than trading Arob.

Quote:Totally agree. Yet those same people have a love obsession with Lee who on he's own caused at least 3 Ints by knocking the ball in the air and had a pretty average season.

All of our WRs were affected by poor QB play.

Many folks are pointing fingers at receivers when the QB was the glaring issue.  

Lee, BTW was only credited for 3 drops total in 2016. Two of them were picked after Bortles threw the ball behind him on crossing patterns. 

He did bobble them, but the passes were really, really ugly. 

Quote:Robinson is better than any of our 1st round picks, possibly with the exception of Ramsey. Why would we give up a guy we actually hit on for what will probably be another bust?
Because it works in Madden.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Many folks are pointing fingers at receivers when the QB was the glaring issue.

Lee, BTW was only credited for 3 drops total in 2016. Two of them were picked after Bortles threw the ball behind him on crossing patterns.

He did bobble them, but the passes were really, really ugly.

Oh don't get me wrong Lee is a solid slot receiver but some think he is a #1 and I see him as more of a 800 yards 5 to 6 TDs receiver.

Indeed. It's bewildering how he's now a target.

To Dangerous Boy, good list. I will put ARob ahead of TY Hilton who has Luck and Fitz at this point in his career.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:Oh don't get me wrong Lee is a solid slot receiver but some think he is a #1 and I see him as more of a 800 yards 5 to 6 TDs receiver.
I'm not one who cares about #1 or #2 labels, but yes,  those are probably about the right figures for Lee though he may exceed them at times. 

However - Lee doesn't play the slot very often at all, and I doubt they'll use him there very frequently moving forward.

His speed is better suited to the outside IMO. Especially since Hurns was very productive from the slot in 2015 and shows the toughness to take the punishment over the middle better than Lee. 

It will be interesting to see how Hackett uses these receivers. I think he'll move them around more than Olson to create mismatches and that's a good thing in my book.

I should use the quote feature more. My indeed was following up on Tim's Madden ref...

Robinson looked a lot better when Marrone took over, because Marrone actually tried to find mismatches for Robinson as much as possible, like any competent coach would and Arob produced. The last idiot scheme nazi of a head coach just had Robinson line up against the opposing teams CB1 every play. Bradley's lack of creativity is hilarious.

Quote:This is getting out of hand in regards to these rumors about him complaining. For starters, there's no way he could have been complaining about the contract he was playing under because there's nothing the team or anyone else could have done about that. He was on his rookie contract which would have been illegal for the team to touch prior to this offseason, and he's fully aware of that much. So why would he complain about something that can't be changed? Simply put, he wasn't, so you must have received bad info from your player friend.

ARob was frustrated last year both due to his own struggles and due to realizing how hard of a time Blake was having with his arm. He had it rough last year and let that show, but I'm not buying any of this talk that he doesn't want to play for the Jaguars. This is being blown way out of proportion, and I'm sure he'll happily sign a multi-year extension this offseason to stay with the team.

Sooooo you saying the team can't offer him a new contract?

Quote: 

To the people who want to franchise ARob, why pay a WR top 5 money when he isn't even top 20? 

WRs I would rather have:

1. Antonio Brown- Ben
  2. Julio Jones- Ryan
  3. ODB- Eli
  4. A.J. Green- Dalton
  5. Jordy Nelson- Aaron
  6. D. Hopkins- Turd
  7. Dez Bryant- Dak/Romo
  8. Sammy Watkins- Taylor
  9. D. Thomas- Turd
  10. Jarvis Landry- Tannehill
  11. Julian Edelman- Da Goat
  12. Amari Cooper- Carr
  13. Golden Tate- Stafford
  14. T.Y. Hilton- Luck
  15. Brandon Marshall- Turd
  16. Larry Fitzgerald- Palmer
  17. Mike Evans- Winston
  18. Alshon Jeffrey- Turd
  19. Doug Baldwin- Wilson
  20. Brandin Cooks- Brees
  21. Keenan Allen- Rivers
  22. Allen Robinson- Bortles (potential Turd)

Now go take a look. You got 4 Turd QBs in the 22 you listed. All the rest have good to very good to elite QBs throwing them the ball. You put Arob on the Saints or Cardinals or Steelers and you don't think this man will produce seasons like his 2015 season?

Get a clue.

Quote:Oh don't get me wrong Lee is a solid slot receiver but some think he is a #1 and I see him as more of a 800 yards 5 to 6 TDs receiver.

You better get an eye exam then because Lee is the superior WR. Soft tissue injuries have hindered his progress a bit. But I remember a certain "fragile" RB that had similar issues. Lee is and was the better prospect and thats why he was drafted above AR to begin with. Lee has better speed, hands and Route running to name a few qualities. AR is a talent but he benefited quite a bit from garbage time stats one in the same with Blake. You can't just rely on "lobs" and expect defenders to just stand around and let him do it over and over. It's the reason why he didn't come up with a bunch of those last year because defenders were ready for it. If Lee can get over his soft tissue hindrance he will be the primary receiver hands down. 

I can't believe there's almost 200 replies to this.

Wow.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:You better get an eye exam then because Lee is the superior WR. Soft tissue injuries have hindered his progress a bit. But I remember a certain "fragile" RB that had similar issues. Lee is and was the better prospect and thats why he was drafted above AR to begin with. Lee has better speed, hands and Route running to name a few qualities. AR is a talent but he benefited quite a bit from garbage time stats one in the same with Blake. You can't just rely on "lobs" and expect defenders to just stand around and let him do it over and over. It's the reason why he didn't come up with a bunch of those last year because defenders were ready for it. If Lee can get over his soft tissue hindrance he will be the primary receiver hands down.

Yet some how his best season was no better then Robinsons worst season.

So I guess every wide receiver in that draft is better then Hurns because they were actually drafted. Draft position has nothing to do with skill, Lee improved but still was no better then Robinson last year.

Quote:Yet some how his best season was no better then Robinsons worst season.

So I guess every wide receiver in that draft is better then Hurns because they were actually drafted. Draft position has nothing to do with skill, Lee improved but still was no better then Robinson last year.

I'm talking in specific relation to your comment about how you see Lee as just a slot WR. I brought up the draft position because it only proves my point that Lee compared to AR was the better prospect of the two according to the organization. They did in fact see Lee as the better prospect and proved it by drafting him first over AR. I think its extremely short sided to pigeon hole Lee to the slot position. Lee is an X receiver and had signs of being that since game one his rookie season. The Jaguars did not draft lee with the 39th over all pick to just be a slot guy because he's fast. Lee has better skills over all then AR and you're not willing to acknowledge that fact because you and a bunch of other posters are enamored with AR. 

Quote:I'm talking in specific relation to your comment about how you see Lee as just a slot WR. I brought up the draft position because it only proves my point that Lee compared to AR was the better prospect of the two according to the organization. They did in fact see Lee as the better prospect and proved it by drafting him first over AR. I think its extremely short sided to pigeon hole Lee to the slot position. Lee is an X receiver and had signs of being that since game one his rookie season. The Jaguars did not draft lee with the 39th over all pick to just be a slot guy because he's fast. Lee has better skills over all then AR and you're not willing to acknowledge that fact because you and a bunch of other posters are enamored with AR.
I'm not willing to acknowledge it because last year was a dumpster fire at QB and in a full season in my opinion Lee showed nothing more than what every fast wide receiver has shown.

The team also drafted Fowler to be a starting DE yet started a 3rd round rookie over him because he had better skill, again draft position is irrelevant.

Robinson went against the #1 corner where as Lee went against the 2nd or 3rd best depending on if Hurns or Thomas were on the field. Put Lee against a physical corner and he would do nothing.

Me and you can go around and around all day but nothing is more then just an opinion until the season starts.

You guys kill me with Lee is a superior WR. He puts up Mike Thomas type numbers.

Quote:I can't believe there's almost 200 replies to this.

Wow.

I can't believe you can't believe.  You know how we roll son.

We are cutting that sloppy route running, lazy, divary, son of a gun...